PDA

View Full Version : Atpl exams in other EASA countries

Bluboe
31st Jul 2018, 20:55
Hi Guys. I am considering redoing my Atpl exams again . As ye all know it is very expensive here in Ireland and the UK. I would to ask what are other peoples experiences of doing their Atpl exams in other countries? Do all the Easa countries do the exams in their own native language ? Where else can they be done in english ? Also how expensive are the fees in other countries? Thanks in advance for the replies.

emilio123
1st Aug 2018, 12:01
Belgium is highly recommended too.

Jaair
2nd Aug 2018, 06:33
Poland ticks all the boxes you are looking for

You could still sign up with a UK school and register for exams in Poland so you get the best of both worlds

My experience with Bristol has been very good,

Edit - Actually with the huge uncertainty of Brexit I would not look at doing any of my training in the UK at the minute until everything is cleared and up and students know where they stand

I am personally doing the distance learning course with Bartolini (who use Bristol material) and I am quite satisfied. You really do get the best of both worlds: Bristol quality material and doing exams in Poland (and of course no need to worry about Brexit).

paco
2nd Aug 2018, 06:56
I think you will find that the UK schools have alternate plans in place already. I've always wanted to live in Spain myself :)

superflanker
2nd Aug 2018, 10:54
That's not a gamble I would advise anyone to take, nobody knows the actual outcome of Brexit on the CAA of the UK

Whatever decision the UK CAA and UK Government make will be a money decision and not what's best for their students or licence holders in my opinion

I could very well be wrong but I would approach from the side of caution rather than being told my exams are no good to me for a EASA licence after Brexit and only good for a UK licence

As far as we know, even if no-deal happens (unlikely IMHO) the exams would be valid if completed before the brexit date. This has been confirmed by the EU Commission on a query I made to them. I hope they publish this info soon so anyone can see it.

superflanker
2nd Aug 2018, 11:31
Brexit is in 7 months, realistically 7 months isn't enough time for the average person to pass all their exams, I wouldn't want anything to do with a UK school until the CAA lay out their plans for Brexit and are set in stone
Tue, 7 months for the 14 subjects it's very difficult.

dook
2nd Aug 2018, 13:56
I've always wanted to live in Spain myself https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

What on earth for Phil ?

paco
2nd Aug 2018, 14:18
It's warm......

But I can speak a bit of Gaelic so Ireland would be OK as well.

But with reference to the gambles mentioned above, we will be able to operate through a European country so any current students will not have a problem.

Phil

superflanker
2nd Aug 2018, 14:51
It's warm......

But I can speak a bit of Gaelic so Ireland would be OK as well.

But with reference to the gambles mentioned above, we will be able to operate through a European country so any current students will not have a problem.

Phil
But Paco, I think the biggest concern (at least in my case) comes when the NAAs face the problem of accepting or not any training/exams done under the UK CAA, even if the school where the student is has an EU base.

And Spain it's not warm, it's more than that (at least in summer). ;)

paco
2nd Aug 2018, 15:11
My understanding is that anything completed at the time will be accepted as valid. Anything ongoing will come with us to the new location. This will not be just a satellite base of a UK school but a European ATO in its own right, with a satellite base in the UK. Our students will be transferred directly.