PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Aircraft Engineering

Brigantee
30th Jul 2018, 10:26
I hear Monarch Engineering are making redundancies up at Manchester again Not sure if it’s the Base operation or ramp

Brum is ok i hear Only the Manchester effected Half the workforce going this time .

Doc Q
30th Jul 2018, 13:06
MAEL No longer have a base at MAN, They closed that facility and made a lot of good people redundant a couple of years back

This latest redundancy affects the line operation with around half the staff being terminated soon

Good luck to all involved , At least the job market is buoyant and if MAEL don’t want you plenty of others will i’m sure Monarch engineers have a good reputation in the industry and that always helps

Mr @ Spotty M
30th Jul 2018, 19:47
What Base operation?
They only have a line station at Manchester.

In Mon I Trust
31st Jul 2018, 09:06
Another great shame, but hopefully those looking to leave will be able to, keeping those who want to stay safe.

I'd imagine everyone at Manchester will have both Q400 and Embraer type ratings so shouldn't have any bother finding good paying work! It might not be at home but it keeps your roof over your head!

Brigantee
31st Jul 2018, 11:48
What Base operation?
They only have a line station at Manchester.

My mistake as said they closed the base some time ago those staff being cut are from the line which i believe looks after the flybe operation some twenty staff being dismissed in total they could use them here i’m sure as we are constantly being told by them there very short of manpower and cannot recruit staff

Doc Q
31st Jul 2018, 12:19
Worst decision MAEL ever made closing the MAN facility ,They lost a lot of experienced and well qualified staff who they had hoped would move down to the white elephant that is the BHX hangar which they never did , Many instead not surprisingly took their payout and walked across the road to The Thomas Cook base and took up employment there .

They have never been able to attract qualified staff to the BHX Base in any numbers which has of course has led to the inevitable consequences that being the late delivery of aircraft and unhappy customers

Having the reputation of being a hire and fire outfit is not a good one to have in this day of critical shortages of qualified engineers and mechanics

Brigantee
2nd Aug 2018, 00:53
shame they appear to have lost the plot monarch engineering were in the past always very well regarded maybe they will be took over by one of the big boys such as sr techniks who will put in the investment they need

Wodrick
2nd Aug 2018, 17:38
As SRT have ceased trading in the UK don't think that will happen. Good luck to the lads at MAN some of which I will possibly know.

Private jet
2nd Aug 2018, 18:31
Having the reputation of being a hire and fire outfit is not a good one
Just out of curious interest, when did that start? I know they had a short lived manager who quickly departed for points far east...

G-BGDC
2nd Aug 2018, 19:45
As SRT have ceased trading in the UK don't think that will happen. Good luck to the lads at MAN some of which I will possibly know.

Have SRT ceased trading in the UK?? As far as I can see up here in EDI they were out working an Etihad A330 and a few easyjet Airbuses today, the vans were still sporting SRT decals, can you confirm this news?

I wish all the MAN MAEL staff all the best with whatever happens to them as I have worked with a few of them.

Wodrick
2nd Aug 2018, 22:01
It's historic and they may have returned but part of my pension was SRT and it was scuppered when they ceased trading, closing STN MAN and LGW they continued in DUB. For years I went to pension protection levels while the trustees sorted something out. It's not good now but better than it was.
It is on this that I base my knowledge.