PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Pilot Salary

Thomaslowe1999
29th Jul 2018, 14:48
I was reading up on the news about Ryanair's row with the pilots.

They quoted " Ryanair has taken the unusual step of publishing staff pay and benefit details online, claiming pilots earned between €190,000 and €220,000 (£169,000 and £195,000) a year.". I was shocked that for a budget airline that this sort of pay was available. Can anyone confirm how likely it is to get to this level? and what bases these sort of opportunities are available?

I am currently doing my research on all the SH airlines with UK bases, Would like to get a bigger picture on the lifestyles of these pilots.

Appreciate your time.

Skyhigh_
6th Aug 2018, 08:02

They quoted " Ryanair has taken the unusual step of publishing staff pay and benefit details online, claiming pilots earned between €190,000 and €220,000 (£169,000 and £195,000) a year.". I was shocked that for a budget airline that this sort of pay was available. Can anyone confirm how likely it is to get to this level? and what bases these sort of opportunities are available?

I am currently doing my research on all the SH airlines with UK bases, Would like to get a bigger picture on the lifestyles of these pilots.

Appreciate your time.
You sound like a journalist

Chesty Morgan
6th Aug 2018, 08:42
There are no annual increments at Ryanair so this is the basic salary. You will start on this salary as a new FO. It will increase due to the annual pay increases prevalent at this airline.

As as far as life style the 5/4 roster is brilliant until you realise it’s actuall 7/2 because you’ll probably start your week at an airport other than the one you’re based. This means you will have to travel in your own time and at your own expense on your last day off to which ever airport they tell you to go to. Then when you’ve finished your working week you might be lucky if it finishes at the airport you started at but if not you might have to get a flight home to another airport and then get a taxi to the airport where you parked your car (using the car park pass which you have paid for). If you’re even luckier you might be able to do this on your last working day but if not then the first of your days off will be taken up by flying yourself, at your own expense, around Europe until you get home.

But hey on nearly quarter of a million a year you can afford it.

Skyhigh_
6th Aug 2018, 08:56
Well if you are a journo those pay figures are utter bollocks. O'Leary openly admits to following the Mein Kampf / Hitler approach of it doesn't matter if it isn't true, say the big lie enough times and people will believe it.
Those figures for both pilots and cabin crew are maybe paid to the top few percent in incredibly senior positions on a month with overtime.
You have too much time in your hands

MaverickPrime
6th Aug 2018, 11:16

Appreciate your time.

The only pilot, if any, at Ryanair earning those figures would be the chief pilot.

Thomaslowe1999
6th Aug 2018, 11:26
In terms of airlines flying out of the UK from one of the London bases, what offers the best pay/ good lifestyle ratio?

Skyhigh_
6th Aug 2018, 12:05
I'd be worried if the Chief Pilot only earned 200k

Fly.b737
7th Aug 2018, 09:29
There are no annual increments at Ryanair so this is the basic salary. You will start on this salary as a new FO. It will increase due to the annual pay increases prevalent at this airline.

As as far as life style the 5/4 roster is brilliant until you realise it’s actuall 7/2 because you’ll probably start your week at an airport other than the one you’re based. This means you will have to travel in your own time and at your own expense on your last day off to which ever airport they tell you to go to. Then when you’ve finished your working week you might be lucky if it finishes at the airport you started at but if not you might have to get a flight home to another airport and then get a taxi to the airport where you parked your car (using the car park pass which you have paid for). If you’re even luckier you might be able to do this on your last working day but if not then the first of your days off will be taken up by flying yourself, at your own expense, around Europe until you get home.

But hey on nearly quarter of a million a year you can afford it.

How often do you have to commute? Everyone is bashing ryan air, but I was thinking of actually applying with them.
Dont have that much experience yet, about a 1000hours B737.

Skyhigh_
7th Aug 2018, 10:52
How often do you have to commute? Everyone is bashing ryan air, but I was thinking of actually applying with them.
Dont have that much experience yet, about a 1000hours B737.

As far as I know a friend of mine told me that once you are in your base you rarely have to commute. You will find a lot of angry people on this forum who just enjoy bashing Ryanair.

Fly.b737
7th Aug 2018, 11:17
As far as I know a friend of mine told me that once you are in your base you rarely have to commute. You will find a lot of angry people on this forum who just enjoy bashing Ryanair.

Thnx mate!!

Michael S
7th Aug 2018, 12:21
I’ve got a few friends in Ryanair and they are constantly somewhere in outbase.

Skyhigh_
7th Aug 2018, 12:51
I’ve got a few friends in Ryanair and they are constantly somewhere in outbase.

I was just waiting for someone to say something negative, you forgot to add that when they rarely fly out of base they get paid extra

Fly.b737
7th Aug 2018, 13:01
Regarding the bases, does anyone know which bases you will most likely get assigned to? and preference will they do anything with that?

Skyhigh_
7th Aug 2018, 14:36
Oh give it a break with defending every negative thing posted on here about Ryanair. Yes Ryanair is your first and only airline job in aviation so the Stockholm Syndrome is understandable but mate they are a joke to work for and you will one day understand that once you get a job or two under your belt from an employer that respects and values you.

Whatever you say TalgoAlphad :-)

Thomaslowe1999
7th Aug 2018, 14:50
Oh give it a break with defending every negative thing posted on here about Ryanair. Yes Ryanair is your first and only airline job in aviation so the Stockholm Syndrome is understandable but mate they are a joke to work for and you will one day understand that once you get a job or two under your belt from an employer that respects and values you.

What airline would you recommend for a pilot living in the UK with 40 years of his working life ahead of him?

Thanks in advanced

Thomaslowe1999
7th Aug 2018, 20:05
Thomas,
Clear some space out of your inbox if you want a reply! ;)
I have nothing in my inbox that’s the issue I’m having!! My account is glitched or something. Has it got something tocdo with I’m new to the forum?

I have tried to look for a support email but can’t find anything

Chesty Morgan
10th Aug 2018, 12:07
You’ll also find a lot of gullible people who believe everything they read.

MCDU2
10th Aug 2018, 14:24
Ryanair have been throwing lots of numbers around. Recently they stated that pilots salaries were STG250k and even published a pay slip to back it up. It was pointed out by some FR pilots that the payslip was of the chief pilot. Anecdotal evidence would suggest a captain would earn roughly 100-120k. Remember this is the airline that insists its pilots only work 18 hours a week! Usual smoke and mirrors by FR so take anything they say with a grain of salt and apply a good dose of common sense.

MightyDucks
13th Feb 2019, 18:37
So what is a UK or Ireland based Captain earning in Ryanair these days?

MightyDucks
13th Feb 2019, 21:09
On flying as much as you would expect Capt £126904 and FO £72458 looking at the last contacts. If your include their pension contributions (as they do on their scales) they will match what you put in up to Capt £8000 and FO £5500.

That is UK. Isn't that bad actually in the loco side.

Thanks TangoAlphad

What about sector pay?

MaverickPrime
13th Feb 2019, 21:24
Is the FO pay you stated only for those with more than 1500 hours? Also, is the self employed model starting to disappear?

MaverickPrime
13th Feb 2019, 22:03
Fair enough. So cadets will have to wait 2 years or so to get that pay?

Do you think there will be longer wait times for UK regional bases after the CLA agreement?

MaverickPrime
13th Feb 2019, 22:24
I suppose you have to accept that you will have to wait a while if you want to move into a small base no matter what airline you join.

winforlife
13th May 2019, 17:35
Could someone finally tell me what salary I should get (new training contract-5000€ reduced TR) after:
1)Line training
2)500hrs as FO
3)1000 - 1500hrs as FO?

Many thanks,

ALPHA 69
10th Oct 2023, 08:56
Its been a while since someone wrote here, can someone share facts about the current offers for FO and CPT at Ryanair, I heard rumours that there has been some improvements after Covid.

Antonio Montana
10th Oct 2023, 10:32
Its been a while since someone wrote here, can someone share facts about the current offers for FO and CPT at Ryanair, I heard rumours that there has been some improvements after Covid.
here you go

https://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/654311-ryanair-pilots-please-share-your-thoughts-experience-2.html?ispreloading=1#post11490641