PDA

View Full Version : Caravan opportunities

v5city
29th Jul 2018, 11:02
Anyone out there with some info on caravan opportunities in South East Asia except susi air

iggy
29th Jul 2018, 14:47
There is a Caravan operator based in Hanoi Noi Bai called Hai Au Aviation. They fly tourists to Halong Bay and I mostly hear American accents on their transmissions.

Also, there used to be a Caravan operation between Hua Hin (Gulf of Thailand) and Rayong (opposite side of the Gulf, next to Pattaya Sin City), sometimes you could spot them in Bangkok Don Mueang.

stormfury
29th Jul 2018, 23:31
There is a Caravan operator based in Hanoi Noi Bai called Hai Au Aviation. They fly tourists to Halong Bay and I mostly hear American accents on their transmissions.Hai Au want high-time float captains. Quite some difference between them and Susi. Dimonim in West Papua also operate caravans - no idea about employment conditions for either. You sure those aren’t Canadian accents?

iggy
30th Jul 2018, 00:16
You sure those aren’t Canadian accents?
Still haven't had the chance to listen to them say "bedrooooom". 😊

stormfury
30th Jul 2018, 04:50
Still haven't had the chance to listen to them say "bedrooooom". 😊Ha!! Good one. Or hear them lament the loss of another Stanley Cup!

RadioSaigon
30th Jul 2018, 06:36
Dimonim in West Papua also operate caravans - no idea about employment conditions for either.

Let me help you with that. Almost 2 months ago now, I walked out on Dimonim, owed 2 months wages. Currently I have not received a cent of pay for 4 months. Additionally, I am owed 2-3x that in holiday accruals, which I know I’ll never see. Mine are not the worst circumstances within Dimonim.

By all means, throw your hat in the ring. They’ll fall all over themselves to get you in a seat. They’re desperate for drivers. Even they don’t realise how desperate they are for Competent drivers. Just don’t expect to see the money you have earned.

stormfury
31st Jul 2018, 02:06
Thanks RS, always good to warn others and prevent the circle of exploitation.

iggy
1st Aug 2018, 08:57
Driving near VTBS today I've seen a caravan taking off. Couldn't make any markings or rego so I can't point you in any direction but definitely there is a Caravan gig there.

Amazing how that box can fly... :E

Love PanAm
2nd Aug 2018, 09:10
Radio Saigon

What their excuse for not paying you? Financial difficulties? Are they in trouble and will close the company soon?
Usually when the company don't pay the wages, it is soon closing.
Or maybe they wanted you out ?
They might have to eliminate the foreigners to make place for the new indonesian graduates. Many are looking for a job.
I read that Susi Air is taking some nowadays. It used to be 99% foreigners flying there.