PDA

View Full Version : MD11 Critical take-off speeds

gaetano
28th Jul 2018, 16:30
Hello, I found in a not recent video that during take off a caption popped up reading "incapacitation check 80kts". Can anyone tell me why that speed was called that way? Thanks a lot in advance

gearlever
28th Jul 2018, 16:34
Hello, I found in a not recent video that during take off a caption popped up reading "incapacitation check 80kts". Can anyone tell me why that speed was called that way? Thanks a lot in advance

Don't know the MadDog but in my company it was 80kt as well for many years. Then training deptmnt changed it to 100kt (high energy regime).

IMHO the wording "incapacitation" doesn't exlude an airspeed reliable check.

gaetano
28th Jul 2018, 16:45
Thank you gearlever for your prompt reply. I meanwhile found the use of that word "incapacitation" to chek that the FP was still alive at that point of the manoeuver. In case of no reply the NFP would take command.

gearlever
28th Jul 2018, 16:47
Thank you gearlever for your prompt reply. I meanwhile found the use of that word "incapacitation" to chek that the FP was still alive at that point of the manoeuver. In case of no reply the NFP would take command.

Exactly and ABORT

vilas
28th Jul 2018, 17:29
Airbus uses 100kt as airspeed check. It is entry into the high speed zone. May be because thrust set has to be ensured by 80kts. Eighty knots is too less a speed to demarcate high speed zone. Hundred knots is safe enough speed to reject for any problem. And any standard call is also incapacitation check. If not responded second time the PM is to take over.

gaetano
29th Jul 2018, 14:23
Thanks to you all