PDA

View Full Version : Llanidloes, Mid Wales

jimgriff
26th Jul 2002, 18:36
Where I hear you scream!
This afternoon it was graced by the Falcons at angels 12 +, jumping from a n Albert (j mod) mmmmmm!, The Reds who did a full display (even if red 7 did have a "problem")
BBMF, incl the dak(made lots of older RAFA blokes cry) Nice show guys. Jag display (those condensation donuts were epic)Puma on the ground.....Hawk display and loads of ground stuff to look at.
And all in a village whose pop is less that 1000.
That is a nice way for the RAF to say "thanks for putting up with all the low flying in mid Wales".
Keep it up.....

MATZ
26th Jul 2002, 20:09
And well done to the RAF's Tactical Air Traffic Unit for providing an air traffic service there. The guys did an excellent job of coordinating the flying.

A big pat on the back indeed.

The Boss.:D

jimgriff
26th Jul 2002, 21:27
Ooopps!
Forgot the most important people..Yes abso! Top Job Boss. And polite to!

KPax
27th Jul 2002, 21:16
Also well done to Shropshire's Military ATC unit for providing radar cover and Red#s support.

niceheading
28th Jul 2002, 14:48
I must admit, I was very good! Thanks to the Puma crew for the fly-by/nod to the farmer's house who recently lost his grandson. Had feedback from the locals and he was very touched. Hopefully the RAFA has raised some much needed funds from the day. They are keen to 'host' any crews who wish to sing for their supper at their monthly meetings or to the school.

Surly Bondslipper
29th Jul 2002, 10:13
Good scheme, thanking the locals for putting up with all the low flying by laying on.......more low flying! ;)

Gainesy
29th Jul 2002, 14:51
Could do with a bit of low flying around here:)