PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Oakland (our new hotel destination for SFO)

Apple Tree Yard
25th Jul 2018, 00:05
This is what awaits... Girls are going to LOVE it ! Another thing many of you haven't experienced yet...welcome to a much 'darker' part of America (you can read between the lines as you wish).

SHOCK VIDEO: Member Of Right-Wing Group Faces Brutal Beating | The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/shock-video-proud-boy-beaten/)

Freehills
25th Jul 2018, 03:00
And another - appears to be a random murder & assualt on two 18 year old darker girls. The alleged killer is white, so Asians need be careful there, reading between the lines as you wish.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44943972

(the killer obviously isn't a Proud Boy. but if Proud Boys & their ilk are active in Oakland, then, yes, our crew need to be careful of them as well as financially motivated muggers)

Flex88
25th Jul 2018, 04:38
Been there lately? The whole area is packed full of bums, vagrants criminals, drug addicts & illegal aliens. Why anyone even wants to visit this area these days is beyond belief..
Oakland itself is in the top 10 of the most violent cities in the US..

Just say NO to #SFO

DropKnee
25th Jul 2018, 07:56
We need to stay in Burlingame!!!

azhkman
25th Jul 2018, 08:34
Maybe after unloading fly the plane to Vegas for the crew layover and let the return crew pick it up from there.

ACMS
25th Jul 2018, 08:47
:ok: Now you’re talking.

Oasis
25th Jul 2018, 15:55
That’s what I call ‘a thinking pilot’!

Dilbert68
25th Jul 2018, 19:22
Great job Donald Morris, it's fine as long as you don't have to stay there, right?

Brokeidiot
26th Jul 2018, 06:18
Was wondering how long it would take Donald to turn against all the crew... seems not that long at all.

Threethirty
26th Jul 2018, 06:53
No doubt you'll be taking the rooms from BA in the Oakland Marriott as we're dropping the route soon.

Sand Man
26th Jul 2018, 22:32
Would be interesting to see if managers would be willing to take their family/children to this and other hotels within the system. If they don't take their family then why would they send the employees there?

Busbuoy
27th Jul 2018, 00:10
Because they care about one group and despise the other....

nonsense
27th Jul 2018, 10:24
This is what awaits... Girls are going to LOVE it ! Another thing many of you haven't experienced yet...welcome to a much 'darker' part of America (you can read between the lines as you wish).

SHOCK VIDEO: Member Of Right-Wing Group Faces Brutal Beating The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/shock-video-proud-boy-beaten/)

"The Daily Caller is an American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney. The Daily Caller produces sensational headlines and has a right wing bias in reporting and has made false claims according to Snopes (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/) and Politifact (http://www.politifact.com/personalities/daily-caller/)."

azhkman
27th Jul 2018, 12:42
"The Daily Caller is an American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney. The Daily Caller produces sensational headlines and has a right wing bias in reporting and has made false claims according to (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/)Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/tag/daily-caller/) and Politifact (http://www.politifact.com/personalities/daily-caller/)."

All of this may be true, but Oakland still sucks. And the more I read about the Bay Area though, I think you should keep the check-in equipment on the plane, unload it upon landing to handle the outbound passengers, once the plane returns from Vegas with the refreshed crew, load up all pilferable equipment before flying back to HKG. Otherwise, it could end up being covered in needles and feces.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/SF-Mayor-Theres-more-feces-on-the-sidewalks-than-Ive-ever-seen-488156431.html

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Those-needles-littering-the-streets-The-city-12898656.php

Air Profit
27th Jul 2018, 19:26
"The Daily Caller is an American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney. The Daily Caller produces sensational headlines and has a right wing bias in reporting and has made false claims according to (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/)Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/tag/daily-caller/) and Politifact (http://www.politifact.com/personalities/daily-caller/)."

Ummm, Nonsense. In case you didn't notice, the post contained a VIDEO. You can see for yourself the facts of what ATY was informing you of. Or you can continue being the deluded little liberal snowflake you obviously are.

ps. Tucker Carlson is one of the most impressive journalists on television today.

flyingbynight
28th Jul 2018, 01:59
ps. Tucker Carlson is one of the most impressive journalists on television today.

Hahahhahahaahahhaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahhv abab

ACMS
28th Jul 2018, 04:23
+1 for Tucker......only one with any Brains on American TV. Calls out all the bs left spin crap, CNN are a bloody disgrace.

PanZa-Lead
28th Jul 2018, 06:39
Love Tucker .. hate CNN and BBC

oriental flyer
28th Jul 2018, 07:25
Following the demise of Bill O’Reilley’s show Tucker really came into his own. He probably more than anyone else takes on the leftist propaganda bs .

Steve the Pirate
28th Jul 2018, 09:30
For the Aussies, do they have any good tucker on the room service menu at this new hotel, as it seems no-one will be venturing out?

STP

JPJP
28th Jul 2018, 20:09
:sad:

+1 for Tucker......only one with any Brains on American TV. Calls out all the bs left spin crap, CNN are a bloody disgrace.

Tucker Carlson worked for CNN for 5 years. He then worked for MSNBC for 3 years, until his show was cancelled.

Muppet

https://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/tucker-carlson-turns-40-moves-to-fox-news/

Air Profit
28th Jul 2018, 23:01
TC has one of the highest rated television shows in the US (that simple fact shows you that you are the muppet JPJP). And, a FACT that I know all you liberal snowflakes can't handle, Fox news crushes every other network. That might lead some of you who aren't eternally lost to lib dysfunction to sit and ponder. The mindset of the USA isn't what you see on CNN and MSNBC. It's a very conservative country, one that is completely misrepresented by the liberal media elites on both coasts. MAGA. (I was based at Nellis, NV years ago on exchange from the RAF. Great country, great people).

JPJP
29th Jul 2018, 00:35
TC has one of the highest rated television shows in the US (that simple fact shows you that you are the muppet JPJP). And, a FACT that I know all you liberal snowflakes can't handle, Fox news crushes every other network. That might lead some of you who aren't eternally lost to lib dysfunction to sit and ponder. The mindset of the USA isn't what you see on CNN and MSNBC. It's a very conservative country, one that is completely misrepresented by the liberal media elites on both coasts. MAGA. (I was based at Nellis, NV years ago on exchange from the RAF. Great country, great people).

That’s fascinating that you were able to visit the U.S. on exchange. We have that in common. I deeply appreciate your analysis of the socioeconomic strata.

I’ve lived in the U.S. for the last 20 years, and hope that you continue to enjoy watching it on your TV. Muppet.

mngmt mole
29th Jul 2018, 01:06
Jp. Based on ypur evident level of intellectual capacity i imagine the Muppet show is about all you watch on tv.

magyarflyer
29th Jul 2018, 01:24
Been there lately? The whole area is packed full of bums, vagrants criminals, drug addicts & illegal aliens. Why anyone even wants to visit this area these days is beyond belief..
Oakland itself is in the top 10 of the most violent cities in the US..

Just say NO to #SFO
the american college of surgeons ( I am a member) use to meet there every 4 years, we had some many doctors being mugged with their wifes walking from the hotels to the conference (Moscone?) site that many of us refuse to go there. And it is a sorry thing, I loved going there in the 70-80 and stayed in Sausalito across the bay. No way any more, the place is full of beggars and drugs and prostitutes soliciting business, they can wall off San Fran and Oakland together I am not going to miss it.

Steve the Pirate
29th Jul 2018, 01:41
@magyarflyer, with all due respect, this discussion is now about who has the best ratings on US cable news and which contributor to this thread is the biggest 'muppet'. The fact that you speak from a position of knowledge regarding the original topic of this discussion is, quite frankly, purely coincidental and I dare say of little interest to the protagonists and antagonists. :E

STP

JPJP
29th Jul 2018, 02:17
@magyarflyer, with all due respect, this discussion is now about who has the best ratings on US cable news and which contributor to this thread is the biggest 'muppet'. The fact that you speak from a position of knowledge regarding the original topic of this discussion is, quite frankly, purely coincidental and I dare say of little interest to the protagonists and antagonists. :E

STP

Steve,

You make a good point, and I’m probably a little guilty. We’ve (the airline I work for) stayed at the Hilton SFO for some time. My original intent was to commiserate. I have friends that have worked at Cathay for decades. However; the lunantic aged fringe, whose only connection to the U.S. is a television, proved to be distracting.

Its ironic really, considering the current administrations feelings regarding unions and airline pilots. I wonder if they’d side with your management, or not ? Yes they would - and they’d bend you over even further. With a MAGA hat glued firmly to some of your pilots heads. Which would be really amusing.

No, that’s not a good hotel. It’s three star at best. No, it’s not a good area. If you were a domestic airline, then you’d at least be in and out after a short stay. With Cathay - that’s obviously not the case.

Cheers.

flyingbynight
29th Jul 2018, 02:28
Fox news crushes every other network

Yee-haw! USA! USA! USA!

ACMS
29th Jul 2018, 05:37
Lunatic aged fringe....

You need to get out a bit brother.

oh and how’s the US economy doing lately?

yep Obama’s incompetence is being erased.

Apple Tree Yard
29th Jul 2018, 07:55
Record stock market levels, record home prices, record low unemployment, 4.1% growth (and increasing), Boeing, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, etc, etc. As ACMS just pointed out, thank the Lord that the communist community organizer and his band of criminals has been ousted. The rest of the world will barely be able to hang onto the USA's coattails. You don't have to like the man, but at least he is putting America first, and rebuilding her manufacturing base, cutting taxes, invigorating business, cutting red tape, cutting legislation and finally putting a stop to the liberal madness that almost buried the country (and something that Europe seems hellbent on accomplishing). No need to argue the facts. Let's compare the USA and Europe in a decades time. Trump will be reelected by a landslide.

Kitsune
29th Jul 2018, 09:50
Record stock market levels, record home prices, record low unemployment, 4.1% growth (and increasing), Boeing, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, etc, etc. As ACMS just pointed out, thank the Lord that the communist community organizer and his band of criminals has been ousted. The rest of the world will barely be able to hang onto the USA's coattails. You don't have to like the man, but at least he is putting America first, and rebuilding her manufacturing base, cutting taxes, invigorating business, cutting red tape, cutting legislation and finally putting a stop to the liberal madness that almost buried the country (and something that Europe seems hellbent on accomplishing). No need to argue the facts. Let's compare the USA and Europe in a decades time. Trump will be reelected by a landslide.
All this is true... but why does he have to be such a dick?

Air Profit
29th Jul 2018, 10:36
You'ld be a dick too if you were constantly attacked by the media, democratic party, the deep state establishments, rino's (republicans in name only), Obama (:yuk:), corporate america (who just want cheap labour), foreign nations (who just want unfair trade, in their favor), raving loony libs, ass wipe Governors of democrat states, cheap strippers, hollywood.... You get the idea. He ran against 16 top name Republicans and beat them at their own game, then he took down the anointed queen of criminality, Hillary "Lock her Up" Clinton. Don't have to like the man, but you have to admire his stamina and resolve. America is becoming healthy again after 24 years of damage by Clinton/Bush/Obama.

flyingbynight
29th Jul 2018, 11:11
You'ld be a dick too if you were constantly attacked by the media, democratic party, the deep state establishments, rino's (republicans in name only), Obama (:yuk:), corporate america (who just want cheap labour), foreign nations (who just want unfair trade, in their favor), raving loony libs, ass wipe Governors of democrat states, cheap strippers, hollywood.... You get the idea. He ran against 16 top name Republicans and beat them at their own game, then he took down the anointed queen of criminality, Hillary "Lock her Up" Clinton. Don't have to like the man, but you have to admire his stamina and resolve. America is becoming healthy again after 24 years of damage by Clinton/Bush/Obama.

If Fox News says it’s true then it must be true.

Threethirty
29th Jul 2018, 11:28
It's easy to have a "healthy" economy when you can print your own currency into infinity! Have a look behind the recent GDP numbers and realise they were adjusted using a huge deflator. Record stock markets mean nothing but indicate huge levels of inflation, just like Zimbabwe. Flak jacket on for incoming.

pax britanica
29th Jul 2018, 11:38
Here in Europe we have economies too but we also have a thing called society which is not based exclusively on money. It varies from place to place as do our economies and we have some things that you in America don't; like free speech, the willingness not to bear arms and a degree of concern rather than contempt for the less well off in our societies.
Fortunately there is a big ocean between us ( or along haul flight if you prefer) so you can live your lives and we can live ours . And in ten years time that word 'imported' you stick on things we send you will still be a cachet for exclusive, superior or just plain better, so the better your economy does the better ours do too.

magyarflyer
29th Jul 2018, 12:41
Here in Europe we have economies too but we also have a thing called society which is not based exclusively on money. It varies from place to place as do our economies and we have some things that you in America don't; like free speech, the willingness not to bear arms and a degree of concern rather than contempt for the less well off in our societies.
Fortunately there is a big ocean between us ( or along haul flight if you prefer) so you can live your lives and we can live ours . And in ten years time that word 'imported' you stick on things we send you will still be a cachet for exclusive, superior or just plain better, so the better your economy does the better ours do too.

a big ocean between us, yes indeed we in USA are so glad of that because in 10 years half of the Population in the African continent is going to be living in Western Europe and I doubt that you will be able to continue living your lives like you have been accostumed. The great exodus is already happening and will worsen as the population increases and the lack of resources forces emigration. Russia and the eastern states that can control this inevitable change in demographics would be ahead. In the meantime here in the old USA hopefully the hideous trump will continue to consider unwanted immigration as a lethal for,USA for the health of the nation.just look at the streets in Paris or recently Ceuta and tell me we are wrong. And this is no global warming debate, is happening right now.

oriental flyer
29th Jul 2018, 14:09
There are approx 540 million people living in the EU , they are facing 1,3 Bullion Africans currently living in Africa .
Every Black state is a disaster and most of the inhabitants want to migrate to Europe . You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see what is going to happen to the European way of life .
As long as Merkel remains in power in Germany and Spain continues to accept illegals from Africa Europe is doomed

cxorcist
29th Jul 2018, 15:39
... but just think how great the WC futbol teams will be! EU countries might able to compete in track and field at the Olympics too. Surely, these will make it worthwhile.

Air Profit
29th Jul 2018, 16:05
cxorcist....you crack me up! Football....yes, a good tradeoff for the loss of your entire culture. Only the UK and the US have any hope of surviving the next 20 years. Thank god for oceans. (and a curse on those liberal, deluded and narcissistic internationalists that can't understand or see that they are about to witness the destruction of their millennial old cultures...).

Sorry Dog
29th Jul 2018, 16:31

The majority of these "facts" are quite debatable in nature or at least the cause and effect relationship. Let's briefly look at it point by point...Record stock market levels: Determining the health a trading exchange cannot entirely be based on the index of a small fraction of the players. Even if you fall back on the primal measure of higher is better, I would offer that is true when majority of the nation is invested in said market valuation is that "good" for the nation, and not just a few individuals.

Record home prices: Not all that unlike of the above view of the stock market, one should ask if home prices are high who is that "good" for. It's probably not those who are first time home buyers allocating record proportions of their income to payments or those wishing to become home buyers. Current real estate trends are that entry level and lower priced home are in short supply and average age of first home owners is rising significantly. As above, if that question is asked who that is "good" for the answers are far from cut and dry.

Record low employment: This one which should be the most statistical fact based measurement is in fact the most debatable of all. Firstly because it's facts are anything but when you take into account the amount subjective assumptions built into Bureau of Labor Statistic's "magic black box" as it is known among economists. It has been this way since 20 years when my Econometrics professor opined about the nuclear launch code level secrecy of the BLS's adjustments. Secondly, it becomes holistically difficult to take the BLS U3 numbers on face value when the historical rates imply that labor wages should be rising when they are not. The latest pronouncements concerning this contradiction are that wages are expected to rise in later quarterly measurement this years as if they knew all along that wages would stay flat for the last 12 quarters. Even the head America First cheerleader, Trump, as a candidate, chided the U3 numbers as bunk, when he was trying to tap into the wave of populist frustration from middle income electorate. Funny how he's changed his mind on reliability of BLS reports.

As for the rest of the "facts" that there is no need to argue with...(please turn on sarcasm filter)

Let's start with the ending assertion of Trump winning is a landslide... current polling shows that to be far from the case. In spite of improved economic conditions, Trump has consistently polled unfavorably in all groups save for his base of white men who can sympathetically relate to his hair styling dilemmas. Maybe it's jealousy over his masterful ability to offend everyone in a room, but just as likely as his clever strategy to extort other nations in the world into hating America. It must be part of his brilliant plan to solve America's immigration issues.

/filter off

As for rebuilding manufacturing base... It's sorta funny to see those that exalt free market virtues artificially driving up base metal prices to the detriment of farmers, fisherman, construction firms, and many others, then picking to aid one out of that group. Inventors of the five year economic plan would likely approve.

The cutting taxes part is one of the few areas Trump has not bungled (largely by taking a step back and letting congress do the dirty work). My opinion is mixed on this one as it has led to positive investment decisions by corporate holders of the purse strings, but increasing deficits will one day lead to a "settling of the books" lest the dollar lose out as the dominant international currency. What do you think the chances are that Pauls of today who are benefiting the most will offer to pay back Peter tomorrow? Any honest answer leads to a smaller government budget and the feudelists will continue to benefit as they do today.This debate could go on and on as unfortunately there are many "facts" that one can massage to support their view, but an objective look of the outlook based on realistic probabilities does not support the current path that Trump is taking as sustainable.

mngmt mole
29th Jul 2018, 16:34
Well, that was readable :confused: I'll just focus on the fact that the US economy is currently the best in the world. Unsustainable? That would be Europe.

flyhardmo
29th Jul 2018, 17:04
Let’s all focus on the fact the company has opted for a hotel in an undesirable location which has the potential to be dangerous to the crew staying there. All this in a bid to cut costs and screw is over. No wonder we can’t get anything done. One small diversion and half the folk here go off on a completely different direction. Put your focus where it is needed.

WhatsaLizad?
29th Jul 2018, 21:10
Oakland?
And I thought your lot took a big step down to join our bankrupt US Legacy crew at that budget brand hotel on Van Ness Avenue a few years ago.
Last time I stayed by the OAK airport was in 1990. I had to dive on the floor due to a gunfight breaking out in the parking lot adjacent to my room. While having breakfast at the IHOP the next morning, some sort of a housing project cop parked his vehicle in front. I causally counted about 5 bullet holes on the body.

raven11
29th Jul 2018, 21:20
The left in the West, emboldened by 90% of the media, has lurched dangerously leftward and is now well outside the mainstream.

i encourage everyone to pick up a copy of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s book, The Gulag Archipelago, for a horrific firsthand account of where this failed philosophy leads...

Suffice it to say that the media in the West needs to shake itself free of its left wing bias and begin reporting objectively.

stilton
29th Jul 2018, 22:10
All you trumpologists won’t admit the reality
of your love for this moron

You drone on about how great he is for the economy which is not true, the most recent quarter’s gdp is equal to Obama’s fifth best
while adding trillions in debt

The one thing that unites all of you trump culters is racism, fascism and a willingness to ignore chumps active collaboration with putin, head of an enemy state

Youre so enraptured with this orange buffoon
you’ve forgotten who the enemy is

The truth stands little chance against a
lie people want to believe

magyarflyer
29th Jul 2018, 22:34

You drone on about how great he is for the economy which is not true, the most recent quarter’s gdp is equal to Obama’s fifth best

The one thing that unites all of you trump culters is racism, fascism and a willingness to ignore chumps active collaboration with putin, head of an enemy state

ok agree
let’s bring hillary back she would have been a more sustainable choice yeah

mngmt mole
30th Jul 2018, 00:40
Stilton. Anyone who names himself after a smelly cheese really shouldn't be commenting on buffoonery. And you also shouldn't be commenting about national debt, as Obama was responsible for as much debt as ALL the previous 200 yrs of spending combined. Quite an accomplishment, especially when considering his weak economic performance on top of that. T will increase debt as well, but at least he seems to be turbocharging the economy at the same time, so a net win. Just sit back and enjoy getting your little liberal panties in a twist for the next six years (yes, six). Snowflakes gotta snow....

JPJP
30th Jul 2018, 03:19
The left in the West, emboldened by 90% of the media, has lurched dangerously leftward and is now well outside the mainstream.
Ohhhhhh ..... :D That was priceless. It reads like a child attempting to write Rap. Hopefully you’d had a few beers.

i encourage everyone to pick up a copy of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s book, The Gulag Archipelago, for a horrific firsthand account of where this failed philosophy leads...

Yup. Read it when I was a teenager. Along with every other person in year 11. If you think that it applies to the U.S., you can’t be helped.

Suffice it to say that the media in the West needs to shake itself free of its left wing bias and begin reporting objectively

If you’re actually serious about an unbiased news source; Try the PBS News Hour first. The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and the New York Times all remain serious news sources. Despite efforts to minimize them. Choose wisely, lest you sound like a lunatic.

arse
30th Jul 2018, 03:43

Suffice it to say that the media in the West needs to shake itself free of its left wing bias and begin reporting objectively.

Wow Raven! I figured Oakland would make for a lousy crew stay, but didn’t know some Russian bloke had written a book about it!

rhinodriver
30th Jul 2018, 03:54
Ohhhhhh ..... :D TIf you’re actually serious about an unbiased news source; New York Times all remain serious news sources.
Seriously? Bahahahahahaha. Please say that was sarcasm!

Most normal Americans would love to see the entire Bay Area carved out and set adrift into the Pacific so it can become the wonderful liberal utopia it strives to be. Then they can show us how great the far left agenda is when they look like some of the other awesome places these similar policies have created. Places like Cuba, Venezuela, etc. Viva la revelucian!

Where’s that earthquake when we really need it?

sickto the backteeth
30th Jul 2018, 04:01
The first incident and the company will be sued for failure to provide due care. The case will be heard in the USA where payouts run into the billions annually. Does CX really want this for the sake of a few dollars extra at a decent hotel. Penny wies pound foolish.

JPJP
30th Jul 2018, 04:32
Seriously? Bahahahahahaha. Please say that was sarcasm!

Most normal Americans would love to see the entire Bay Area carved out and set adrift into the Pacific so it can become the wonderful liberal utopia it strives to be. Then they can show us how great the far left agenda is when they look like some of the other awesome places these similar policies have created. Places like Cuba, Venezuela, etc. Viva la revelucian!

Where’s that earthquake when we really need it?

Changing my quote is pretty strange behavior Rhino. Did you think that you’d be unable to make your point without it ? Not surprising, but still a little unhinged.

Assuming that you know what “most Americans” want is amusing. Here’s an exercise for you - what percentage of the eligible voters in the U.S. voted for the current administration ? The numbers are available from the Fed. When you figure out the number is around 27%, you’ll freak out and start squeeling about conspiracy theories and ‘the deep state’.

Read your quote again when you sober up. You sound like a poorly educated version of Joe McCarthy.

oriental flyer
30th Jul 2018, 06:18
JP you stated :
If you’re actually serious about an unbiased news source; Try the PBS News Hour first. The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and the New York Times all remain serious news sources. Despite efforts to minimize them. Choose wisely, lest you sound like a lunatic.

If you think that the Washington post and NY Times are unbiased news sources therein lies a massive problem. . Those papers are written by reporters and editors with a serious left wing liberal bias

rhinodriver
30th Jul 2018, 06:22
<div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;"><br /><br />Changing my quote is pretty strange behavior Rhino. Did you think that you’d be unable to make your point without it ? Not surprising, but still a little unhinged.<br /><br />Assuming that you know what “most Americans” want is amusing. Here’s an exercise for you - what percentage of the eligible voters in the U.S. voted for the current administration ? The numbers are available from the Fed. When you figure out the number is around 27%, you’ll freak out and start squeeling about conspiracy theories and ‘the deep state’.<br /><br />Read your quote again when you sober up. You sound like a poorly educated version of Joe McCarthy.<br /><br /><br /><br /></div><br /><br />

i don’t feel like waiting til I sober up so here goes.... but keen observation.

your 27% number is pretty unimpressive when only 55% of citizens can be bothered to vote.

Fair point about changing your quote. I only did that because you included the New York Times in that list. Laughable. Washington Post, hmmm, depends on the columnist.

while I am not a huge fan of the current President due to integrity issues, he is far and away better than the last administration. I survive on the fact that he has excellent people around him like Mike Pence, Jim Mattis, Mike Pompeo, John Kelly, etc. The last Administration was unarguably one of the worst foreign policy Presidencies in American history, unless you’re into the decline of American exceptionalism.

there are issues for sure! Debt being the biggest in my opinion that the current administration has yet to address. Considering the last President added 9 Trillion (more than all Presidents combined) to the appx 20 Trillion debt I'd say we can probably add that to the list of Obama failures. But I’d love to hear how 4+% GDP growth is a farce. I’m willing to bet we’ll have similar growth numbers for the next foreseeable quarters. The question will be what the Fed does with interest rates. They need to stay low for the foreseeable future to deal with the insane amount of debt America has to service the interest on. Trump has done eff all on this front. Time to get real about debt!

JPJP, are you even American? If not STFU!

#MAGA

rhinodriver
30th Jul 2018, 06:51
And for all those other non-Americans, and perhaps some Americans who want to go on and on about guns and social services... America was founded on PERSONAL LIBERTY. Personal liberty ends up being better for the herd in the long run. Don't belive me? Remind me again which country has the largest economy? And when it comes to guns, that is a deeply engrained cultural thing in the U.S. It is enshrined in our Constitution and not going anywhere. Just accept it's a cultural difference between our countries. Despite the supposed gun violence in the U.S., I've never seen a gun pulled in anger in my 50 years. Hot tip though, you probably shouldn't come unannounced into my house..... It could end badly for you.

mr did
30th Jul 2018, 07:48
I've never seen a gun pulled in anger in my 50 years

I suppose you wont be staying at the new crew hotel then.

And no one outside of America gives a rats arse if you all kill yourselves with your "self defence" semi automatics. We just don't want to go to Oakland and get caught up in it because Cathay wont pay for a hotel room somewhere safe.

Air Profit
30th Jul 2018, 08:12
The simple fact of the matter is this: If you don't live in the US, you really don't understand it. The "Crown" didn't understand that either in 1776, and two hundred years plus later foreigners don't either. Europe is now on their great decline, which will end in social chaos. As for the USA, it's a country based on a shared ideal, not race, not religion. Regardless of difficult times, the US will ALWAYS find ways to reinvent itself. Europe, too stuck up their own arse to realise that they have abdicated their own culture, their future and their safety. It won't end well. As a previous poster said, the US will never give up the second amendment, and will endure the pain that comes with it, realizing that ultimately it is a foundation of their strength as a society. Nothing of value comes without a price, and the ultimate ideal of liberty that America provides it's citizens will never succumb to a threat, no matter how grave. For all it's faults, it will always provide the world the ultimate beacon of liberty, freedom and opportunity.

raven11
30th Jul 2018, 08:25
Yup. Read it when I was a teenager. Along with every other person in year 11. If you think that it applies to the U.S., you can’t be helped.
Did you now? Since none of the tragedy in that book managed to break through, what a impressively stubborn SJW you must be?

Read it again comrade....I don’t in any way suggest that it describes the US today, only a moron would infer that. I do however suggest it might be evidence of where things proceed under socialist regimes.

Only someone drowning in the lefty Kooaide could read the tragedy in that book and then sarcastically dismiss it as you do.

FFS, Why do I bother...?

DropKnee
30th Jul 2018, 16:51

Your hilarious, The US is the most giving country in the world. Our people come together in crisis and support all others.
As far as your standard of living is concerned. After the immigration invasion your experiencing has taken over your nation. Don’t come crying on my doorstep.

DropKnee
30th Jul 2018, 17:09

This is why you leftest are loosing. I am none of those things that you have said about folks who support Trump. Your side are the ones who are racists and facists. When someone on the right doesnt agree with your position. We just think your mentally ill.
When its your turn. Your side protests the persons house, picks on their kids and throws poop on the windows.
Your side can not handle listening to anything outside your echo chamber.
Your side is fake. You preach equality, but the record shows your side is everything but. I suggest you put your black spandex one piece on and go back to your underground lair to plot the next purge of humans. Lefty ideas bring misery for all but those who are enforcing them.
Your sick 🤒

BusyB
30th Jul 2018, 17:18
I thought USA was more than 95% immigrants!!!!!

FakePilot
30th Jul 2018, 19:09
Well, I think it's reasonable not to want to stay in a bad area. But seriously guys?

Koan
30th Jul 2018, 21:23

SHOCK VIDEO: Member Of Right-Wing Group Faces Brutal Beating The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/shock-video-proud-boy-beaten/)

Read between the lines? Why post this SHOCK VIDEO. Political street violence has nothing to do with night stops and suggests a subtle bigotry.
unsuitable to pprune

CX lays over in much more dangerous places around the world than Oakland and experienced air crew know to avoid street hassles, demonstrations, and protests. A bit of a drive from SFO I'd reckon but parts of Oakland are very nice with excellent bars and restaurants. Lake Merritt (lived there) , Piedmont Ave, Jack London Square. A retired Captain I know even had a upscale LOFT in downtown

Anyone have a spare $1.7mil for a new Oakland Hills Residence?

The views are astounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtqmGSO4rA&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtqmGSO4rA&amp;feature=youtu.be)

bafanguy
30th Jul 2018, 21:27
It varies from place to place as do our economies and we have some things that you in America don't; like free speech...

Fortunately there is a big ocean between us ( or along haul flight if you prefer) so you can live your lives and we can live ours .

Well, pax, that's a pretty interesting statement: the US doesn't have free speech ?

Perhaps you can educate us Colonists with a comprehensive list of situations in US history where speech was suppressed by the force and police power of government to such an extent that you now have unequivocally proven the US today doesn't have it.

And, yes, it's very fortunate a "big ocean" is between us so YOU don't have to come here...and we'll never know you didn't.

Apple Tree Yard
30th Jul 2018, 23:08
Read between the lines? Why post this SHOCK VIDEO. Political street violence has nothing to do with night stops and suggests a subtle bigotry.
unsuitable to pprune

CX lays over in much more dangerous places around the world than Oakland and experienced air crew know to avoid street hassles, demonstrations, and protests. A bit of a drive from SFO I'd reckon but parts of Oakland are very nice with excellent bars and restaurants. Lake Merritt (lived there) , Piedmont Ave, Jack London Square. A retired Captain I know even had a upscale LOFT in downtown

Anyone have a spare $1.7mil for a new Oakland Hills Residence?

The views are astounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtqmGSO4rA&feature=youtu.be

Ahh, the old "bigotry" accusation, the usual default attack position of the left. A perusal of the latest crime statistics for different urban areas of the USA will make it quite clear just how dangerous Oakland is. The racial makeup of the town is not something you can just wish away. I know for you liberals the acceptance of fact is a bit difficult at most times. It's hard for you to deal with the real world outside of your little bubbles of self-delusion that you inhabit. As for purchasing property in Oakland. Bwahahahaha

Koan
31st Jul 2018, 00:40
Ahh, the old "bigotry" accusation, the usual default attack position of the left. A perusal of the latest crime statistics for different urban areas of the USA will make it quite clear just how dangerous Oakland is. The racial makeup of the town is not something you can just wish away. I know for you liberals the acceptance of fact is a bit difficult at most times. It's hard for you to deal with the real world outside of your little bubbles of self-delusion that you inhabit. As for purchasing property in Oakland. Bwahahahaha

I'm not a liberal sir.

Have you ever driven up Skyline Blvd? Too rich for my blood
Ever eaten at Baywolf on Peidmont Avenue? (Guess it has been reborn as The Wolf).
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/08/oaklands-bay-wolf-restaurant-reborn-as-the-wolf/
Are you even a professional pilot? Are you uncomfortable sharing the flight deck with a colleague of the "darker", as you posted, persuasions?
I'm not with CX I will ask my friend who is a Captain at CX where the layover hotel is located as it would not be prudent to post here for security reason.
The area around KOAK/Hegenberger is not safe to walk around at night, neither is MLK Blvd. No crews will be walking around there, and all big cities in the US have have bad areas thanks to poverty and drugs anyway. San Fran is overrun with aggressive homeless and human wastes. I'd rather stay at Mariott Fisherman's Wharf or the Airport hotels than anywhere downtown.

CX crews will not have any issues in OAK. Just as laying over in Delhi best to stick around Paharganj and not wander into some slum, and avoid street hassles.

mngmt mole
31st Jul 2018, 02:51
Koan, if you are not with CX, then why on earth would you think your opinion is of any value? I don't go around commenting on other industries blogs, imposing my opinion where it's not welcome, nor needed, nor relevant. We are sick of the degradation in our hotel accommodation. Your imposed comments really don't help the debate. Sir. (and your "bigotry" comment completely identifies you as a liberal, so live with it).

Koan
31st Jul 2018, 03:37
Koan, if you are not with CX, then why on earth would you think your opinion is of any value? I don't go around commenting on other industries blogs, imposing my opinion where it's not welcome, nor needed, nor relevant. We are sick of the degradation in our hotel accommodation. Your imposed comments really don't help the debate. Sir. (and your "bigotry" comment completely identifies you as a liberal, so live with it).

So sorry to pollute The Fragrant Harbour but as an actual previous resident of Oakland my opinion obviously does have "value".
The city has always got an undeserved bad rap, and it is much better than in the past.
Half the people from my hometown seem to have migrated to Oakland or Alameda, by the way. The Bay Area suburbs are completely unaffordable.
The degradation of conditions is the same struggle in every Airline, only reason we're not sharing rooms in Chung King Mansions whilst in HK is a working under a decent contract. Sorry to see you get shuttled so far away from SFO. I hope the Hotel itself is not too bad.

Cheers.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/275x183/unknown_2_cf50452ae92da73b9e9aafaf7037bdb8f525c84d.jpeg

Trafalgar
31st Jul 2018, 06:32
Thank you for the information. However, most of us simply want a decent hotel and the ability to enjoy the time wherever we are staying, and to do so in safety. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that Oakland is a particularly safe place, and certainly not as overall safe as SFO. Regardless of your personal feelings about the place, for crew from HKG, flying into SFO, having to travel to and from Oakland is really not an improvement in our situation.

cxorcist
31st Jul 2018, 14:14
There are loads of great hotels and restaurants in Burlingame which is very close to SFO. This is where just about every airlines’ crews layover. I don’t understand why CX always has to break with the industry and do random crap like transport crew all the way across town and over the Bay Bridge to Oakland. That is insane!!! Aren’t these patterns fatiguing enough? Why add an hour transport on both ends? It’s truly maddening. Keep in mind that traffic will be horrible for much of the day along this route. I bet there are some hotel and allowance savings over there that offset the added transport cost. Crazy!!!

DropKnee
31st Jul 2018, 15:57
A one hour travel time if your lucky. Try more like two hours.l

FIRESYSOK
31st Jul 2018, 22:35
Used to stay in Hayward, CA on layover. Homeless sleeping outside nearby businesses, random men jumping concrete-block walls with latex gloves in the middle of the day, etc. I'd recommend staying downtown SF at a mainline hotel, Just my opinion. I did not have a good impression of that area, and that was relatively far from OAK...a decade ago.

BewareOfTheSharklets
2nd Aug 2018, 14:57
Most CBD areas of SFO/OAK are really worth avoiding. The amount of homelessness, hobos, drug use, drunkeness and other anti-social behaviour is really disgusting.

As opposed to the right wing paradise that is Russia? :ugh:

As for the USA, it's a country based on a shared ideal, not race, not religion
The USA is a country that is essentially ungovernable.

Regardless of difficult times, the US will ALWAYS find ways to reinvent itself.
What is that supposed to mean?

For all it's faults, it will always provide the world the ultimate beacon of liberty, freedom and opportunity.
What a wonderfully objective statement!

After the immigration invasion your experiencing has taken over your nation. Don’t come crying on my doorstep.

Ten years ago migration from Bulgaria and Romania was supposedly going to be the end of Europe. Twenty years ago a large influx of Builders and Plumbers from Poland was supposedly going to be the end of Europe. I wonder what people will be saying is going to cause the end of Europe in ten years time.

armchairpilot94116
9th Aug 2018, 15:50
A one hour travel time if your lucky. Try more like two hours.l

Very true. Basing SFO crews in Oakland is insane due to the Bay Bridge being a nightmare most of the time and basically impassable some of the time.

I live in the East Bay and go past the Marriott most days of the week. I don’t know how the hotel is but the area is not all bad. In the daytime it’s really no worse than downtown SF. And at night I’m not sure downtown SF is better now either.

Want to party at night? You are only a short Uber ride to Piedmont which is a rich and safe area with many restaurants .
A few miles further is Rockridge area which is safe and has many restaurants slightly further is the college town of Berkeley, lots to do. I go there most days and it’s safe even late at night.

Walk a few steps and take Bart to the very nice and very safe town of Walnut Creek about 12 miles north Take Uber back at night. BART can be sketchy at night and some BART stations not the best...like in Oakland.

Crews based at the Marriott for a few days can go to many nice places and honestly there is no need to miss SF. I almost never go there now...no reason to.

But SFO crew in Oakland is logistically bad. SF is far from SFO, Oakland is going further in the wrong direction.

cxorcist
9th Aug 2018, 16:17
Agree with most of the above, just don’t wear your red MAGA hat outside your hotel room. That could be counterproductive to your physical security. God would probably have to drop most of the left coast into the Pacific if the country truly wanted to MAGA.

Brown Nose
9th Aug 2018, 20:32
Very true. Basing SFO crews in Oakland is insane due to the Bay Bridge being a nightmare most of the time and basically impassable some of the time.

I live in the East Bay and go past the Marriott most days of the week. I don’t know how the hotel is but the area is not all bad. In the daytime it’s really no worse than downtown SF. And at night I’m not sure downtown SF is better now either.

Want to party at night? You are only a short Uber ride to Piedmont which is a rich and safe area with many restaurants .
A few miles further is Rockridge area which is safe and has many restaurants slightly further is the college town of Berkeley, lots to do. I go there most days and it’s safe even late at night.

Walk a few steps and take Bart to the very nice and very safe town of Walnut Creek about 12 miles north Take Uber back at night. BART can be sketchy at night and some BART stations not the best...like in Oakland.

Crews based at the Marriott for a few days can go to many nice places and honestly there is no need to miss SF. I almost never go there now...no reason to.

But SFO crew in Oakland is logistically bad. SF is far from SFO, Oakland is going further in the wrong direction.

Yes, but can you step outside at 3 am (lunch time in HK) and get a feed within walking distance? No? not a suitable hotel then

Oasis
10th Aug 2018, 00:43
The Boston hotel is not suitable then either, or Chicago.

armchairpilot94116
10th Aug 2018, 01:37
Not too many places you can walk from the hotel and find something good to eat at 3am and be safe.

magyarflyer
10th Aug 2018, 02:17
Ten years ago migration from Bulgaria and Romania was supposedly going to be the end of Europe. Twenty years ago a large influx of Builders and Plumbers from Poland was supposedly going to be the end of Europe. I wonder what people will be saying is going to cause the end of Europe in ten years time.[/QUOTE]

easy answer my friend, your polish builders and plumbers from Poland and the romanian and Bulgarians migrations are and have been integrated to a degree, now in 10 years you are going to have 10 million economic migrants from the subcontinent with no skills,no integration selling trinkets in your streets drawing your social benefits and increasing your local unemployable citizens and using your medical resources, read my lips and don’t call me racist. It’s inevitable. The only countries that would be able to survive will be the eastern ones and Russia and of course Switzerland. Do you see China who is sending millions of yuan’s there accepting any I mean ANY economic migrants in their country? They only aim is to sapp those countries of vital resources while leaving the immigration problem to Europe, isn’t that a great deal?

Brown Nose
10th Aug 2018, 05:00
The Boston hotel is not suitable then either, or Chicago.

You are Correct!

Brown Nose
10th Aug 2018, 05:07
Not too many places you can walk from the hotel and find something good to eat at 3am and be safe.

Maybe you just need a big cup of cement before you go out at 3am, I feel pretty safe in most cities at 3am, just don't need to push it to the limits in places like Oakland which has one of the most unsafe records in the USA

armchairpilot94116
10th Aug 2018, 15:15
Maybe you just need a big cup of cement before you go out at 3am, I feel pretty safe in most cities at 3am, just don't need to push it to the limits in places like Oakland which has one of the most unsafe records in the USA

Rightly so, 3AM in Oakland it’s not even safe for the Police. Do your night prowling in Berkeley. But there’s not too many places to go at 3am around here worth going really. Save that for Vegas .

is CX thinking of adding OAK or they really are dumb enough to consider Oakland to base SFO crew. Logistically it’s pretty dumb with the bay bridge and San Mateo bridge traffic.

But crew staying a few days in Oakland can find plenty of nice places to go not far away. Just don’t be wandering around downtown oakland late at night and you should be fine.

its better than the old days when the saying goes.....Stay alive , get out by Five.

cxorcist
10th Aug 2018, 16:26
Rightly so, 3AM in Oakland it’s not even safe for the Police. Do your night prowling in Berkeley. But there’s not too many places to go at 3am around here worth going really. Save that for Vegas .

is CX thinking of adding OAK or they really are dumb enough to consider Oakland to base SFO crew. Logistically it’s pretty dumb with the bay bridge and San Mateo bridge traffic.

But crew staying a few days in Oakland can find plenty of nice places to go not far away. Just don’t be wandering around downtown oakland late at night and you should be fine.

its better than the old days when the saying goes.....Stay alive , get out by Five.

It’s just another pathetic cost saving measure by CX. Burlingame hotels cost too much because other airlines layover there, driving prices up. So as has become the standard, CX races to the bottom, in this case Oakland. Sadly, many of the junior pilots are similarly unsuitable, but nobody in a position of power at CX seems to care.