PDA

View Full Version : Cloudflare messaging started july 26 2018

VP959
24th Jul 2018, 07:44
What's with this new blank screen that pops up every time I try and visit PPRuNe that says "Checking your browser, please wait"?

I can understand it doing it once, after something like a browser update, but it's doing it every single time I log on, from any machine. It's a complete PITA, and seems to be something to do with Cloudflare, judging by the logo on the blank page.

Hydromet
24th Jul 2018, 07:52
I also get it, and yes, it's a PITA.

MPN11
24th Jul 2018, 07:53
Similarly puzzled here ... Mac/Safari and also iPad/Safari.

I'm trying to add screenshot, but that's resisting me at the moment.

mikemmb
24th Jul 2018, 08:11
Me to, its a real pain.
Some testing of other stuff has been going on recently, so perhaps it may only be a temporary test/problem?

I also sometimes get it when using the "back" function to look at a previous posting.

Using latest IOS on ipad 6.

ericlday
24th Jul 2018, 08:42
Similar annoyance for me using Windows 10 and Firefox

davews
24th Jul 2018, 09:28
This is a Cloudflare anti-spam thing, one of the other sites I use has it. Annoying yes but I expect the site has had problems which made them introduce it.

VP959
24th Jul 2018, 09:31
Glad to know it's not just me that's getting this. It only started happening recently, maybe yesterday or the day before.

rog747
24th Jul 2018, 09:46
i emailed admin last night as i also had log in probs with database error - pages are now very slow to load - is it because of bloat?

dogsridewith
24th Jul 2018, 14:59
Checking your browser before accessing pprune.org.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds…DDoS protection by Cloudflare (https://www.cloudflare.com/5xx-error-landing?utm_source=iuam)
Ray ID: 43f7341c65947125

("Something went wrong (but it’s not your fault)

You were visiting a Cloudflare customer’s website, and something went wrong. Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. If the problem isn’t resolved in the next few minutes, it’s most likely an issue with the web server you were trying to reach.

Cloudflare protects websites by sitting in front of Internet requests, and we work with website owners and hosting providers to identify underlying problems in their server configuration.")

Just This Once...
24th Jul 2018, 17:25
Getting same message - Safari/MacOS

Saab Dastard
24th Jul 2018, 17:27
Cloudflare is mitigating a DDoS attack on some of IB's sites. It doesn't really matter which, they all get affected, as they all use the same internet connection.

SD

Krystal n chips
26th Jul 2018, 10:05
Cloudflare is mitigating a DDoS attack on some of IB's sites. It doesn't really matter which, they all get affected, as they all use the same internet connection.

SD

A question please. I can understand why, when you initially log on, this message appears thanks to the explanations offered about security of the site, but, I've just replied to a quote, and got the same message when I pressed the "submit reply " button followed by a complete blank page and the reply vanishing. Surely, once you have been verified as being non threatening, the process does not need to be repeated. Thanks in advance for any guidance or advice here.

CargoMatatu
26th Jul 2018, 12:18
I'm also getting it occasionally when I do a forum jump.

Seriously annoying!

Turbine D
26th Jul 2018, 13:42
I get it fully signed in and within a forum, typing a response and go to check it, bingo! there it is again!

India Four Two
26th Jul 2018, 17:59
About 50% of my clicks on PPRuNe URLs, I'm getting the Cloudflare screen or a message saying my browser cannot connect.

This is really annoying.

IBobi
26th Jul 2018, 18:06
Please pass your annoyance along to whomever is trying to bring the site down. They're causing this. Unfortunately other than Cloudflare to keep the site UP, there's little we can do until it abates.
s

EEngr
26th Jul 2018, 22:05
Hmm. Firefox running on Debian Linux here. I get the message once per Firefox session. Then I'm OK. I suspect that some people who are getting repeat messages might have adware blockers and/or cookie cleanup set a bit too strict. The 'checking' screen probably sets a cookie. And if your browser tosses its cookies, you start over again.

3wheels
26th Jul 2018, 22:06
And as for that banner on the right hand side...it’s got to go

mutt
27th Jul 2018, 17:15
Im getting the same message followed by unable to open the page, using a VPN bypasses the issue, so I'm really don't know what your software is trying to achieve.

IBobi
27th Jul 2018, 21:28
Please read the Wikipost at the top of this thread.

dogsridewith
28th Jul 2018, 11:55
Checking your browser before accessing pprune.org.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds…DDoS protection by Cloudflare (https://www.cloudflare.com/5xx-error-landing?utm_source=iuam)
Ray ID: 43f7341c65947125

("Something went wrong (but it’s not your fault)You were visiting a Cloudflare customer’s website, and something went wrong. Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. If the problem isn’t resolved in the next few minutes, it’s most likely an issue with the web server you were trying to reach.

Cloudflare protects websites by sitting in front of Internet requests, and we work with website owners and hosting providers to identify underlying problems in their server configuration.")

This am I looked at three regular sites before clicking here. During about the "5 seconds" of prior Cloudflare ray actions, three different Ray I.D. #'s were shown on the white-screen message. Then, superimposed shortly on the screen, were three side-by-side instances of my "Favorites" list.

dogsridewith
28th Jul 2018, 14:36
and three rays on this visit