PDA

View Full Version : I just got sent this

SOPS
24th Jul 2018, 14:44
Makes for interesting thought...

https://hbr.org/2018/01/when-burnout-is-a-sign-you-should-leave-your-job

givemewings
24th Jul 2018, 16:43
For anyone on the fence, I think this is a pretty good indicator that it's time to go. Goes for any job too.

Burnout is like a relationship that’s gone bad: When the employment relationship is no longer beneficial to either party, and the prospects for reviving it are dim, it may be time to call it quits.

And

I reasoned that rather than trying to garden in a desert, I’d be better off seeking fertile soil elsewhere to cultivate the fruits I longed to bring to life.

^^ very well said (if not somewhat ironic)

Seems a lot of large companies are going through this at the moment, in varying degrees

fatbus
25th Jul 2018, 00:33
Probably describes the current and future working conditions , other than using "fatigue " which they defend is not the case . Most pilots are at that stage " don't care about EK " . 16+years ago it was great, 60-70 hr rosters , credit for almost everything, HH and MF would come to pilot meetings . Crew Control actually helped . Only one fleet manage and he was a real gentleman. All in the past and never to return !!!

Joker11
25th Jul 2018, 14:57
Thats why I am qutting next year. I can't take it anymore. I can no longer recover from work. It is not worth it to stay here and the increase was a slap in the face.