PDA

View Full Version : EASA-land aircraft search forms

IrishatHeart
23rd Jul 2018, 19:05
Has anyone been asked for an aircraft search form, especially at a French aerodrome? I got it from the OpsGroup forum but haven't heard about it from "official" sources, including the UKCAA.

Globally Challenged
23rd Jul 2018, 19:39
LFPB have been doing this for ages (well over a year) and they (Universal and Jetex) provide the form for you to sign to confirm the check has done.

Not had the misfortune to operate to LFMN recently to see what they are doing as I think it is they who are leading the charge.

His dudeness
24th Jul 2018, 16:13
Searching the aircraft by crew has been required for many, many years. Certainly for as long as I’ve been involved with Ops Manuals (1995 onwards) we have been required to state requirements, procedures, training and provide forms to allow crew to record it. Not just airlines but also the business jets too, although actual requirement may vary.

Perhaps your Ops department should be your point of contact?

I'd guess you are talking CAT (135), the first time I ran into it (NCC/91) was maybe 2 years ago in LFPB at Jetex.

Private jet
24th Jul 2018, 19:51
Think yourself lucky that all you need to provide is a signature. In many parts of the world it would need to be accompanied by some $US.

His dudeness
24th Jul 2018, 22:27
I fly 8 seats under 45 tons/NCC IIRC there the rules changed with NCC or just coinciding with introduction of NCC. Operating JAR-OPS before up to 8 Seats and 17tons we had an aircraft search in the OM-A, but only had to do it on unprotected airfields. (no fence -> search the bloody thing) IŽd guess North Ireland <-> UK in the seventies is a different story from this...

what next
24th Jul 2018, 23:21
. Operating JAR-OPS before up to 8 Seats and 17tons we had an aircraft search in the OM-A, but only had to do it on unprotected airfields. (no fence -> search the bloody thing)

It's still the same. And even if you do the search all there is to it is an extra signature on the flight log. And by the way I just flew out of Le Bourget this evening (for the third or fourth time this month) and nobody cared. Not today and never before.

His dudeness
25th Jul 2018, 07:16
It's still the same. And even if you do the search all there is to it is an extra signature on the flight log. And by the way I just flew out of Le Bourget this evening (for the third or fourth time this month) and nobody cared. Not today and never before.

From Jetex ? (LFPB)

what next
25th Jul 2018, 07:49
From Jetex ? (LFPB)

No, we changed to Dassault some time ago.