PDA

View Full Version : A350 differences

oriental flyer
23rd Jul 2018, 07:08
quick question for anyone who has flown both the 900 and the 1000 types , are there any significant differences in handling between both variants ?

crwkunt roll
23rd Jul 2018, 14:52
Not in baggage handling at least.....! :p

Threethirty
23rd Jul 2018, 17:38
There is 100 variations

betpump5
23rd Jul 2018, 23:46
I've chatted to a few who have flown both and have said there are noticeable differences.

Frankly, I think they're just full of it.

ACMS
24th Jul 2018, 12:11
A bit longer and more wheels.

Farman Biplane
24th Jul 2018, 12:33
More like a 777 then.....

RAT Management
24th Jul 2018, 14:24
Only faster.......!

superfrozo
24th Jul 2018, 14:32
...and with a less useful payload. And a defective park brake. And an anti-ice system that ices up...in non icing conditions. And a radalt that causes potential problems during an ILS approach over water. And a crew rest area designed by autistic howler monkeys suffering from involuntary narcissistic rage. And a cabin interphone system that when used in a certain combination of calls either A. Turns on the cabin lights to full bright, or B. Opens the outflow valves...

Have I missed any others? Sh!t yeah, but I'm sure they're covered in the OEBs/TABs/OMFGs

Start Fore
24th Jul 2018, 15:07
Yup, sounds like an Airbus!

BusyB
24th Jul 2018, 17:42
Not in the-1000 as well. Worst J seats I have ever sat in. I thought they would learn from the -900.

mrfox
24th Jul 2018, 20:34
...and with a less useful payload. And a defective park brake. And an anti-ice system that ices up...in non icing conditions. And a radalt that causes potential problems during an ILS approach over water. And a crew rest area designed by autistic howler monkeys suffering from involuntary narcissistic rage. And a cabin interphone system that when used in a certain combination of calls either A. Turns on the cabin lights to full bright, or B. Opens the outflow valves...

Have I missed any others? Sh!t yeah, but I'm sure they're covered in the OEBs/TABs/OMFGs

Not to mention:
Uncommanded Turns When LNAV is in Use
Control Panel (MCP) Altitude Window Changing Without Pilot Action
Uncommanded Autothrottle Movement on the Ground
VNAV Descent on Approach Without a Valid Descent Path
Just minor stuff.
Damn airbuses.

Veruka Salt
25th Jul 2018, 00:47
Not sure about the payload comments, as the - 1000 carries ~ 4T MORE than the ER.

Not an Airbus salesman, but 5 mins on IntraCX, you can work that out for yourself;)

RAT Management
25th Jul 2018, 05:43
But it's faster.

iceman50
25th Jul 2018, 07:37
mrfox

On or Off the Boeing are we, VNAV? LNAV? Autothrottle MOVEMENT? etc shows your technical knowledge.

Steve the Pirate
25th Jul 2018, 08:03
mrfox

On or Off the Boeing are we, VNAV? LNAV? Autothrottle MOVEMENT? etc shows your technical knowledge.

Erm, I think he was referring to things that might have happened on the 777 and was being sarcastic. That's how I read it anyway.

STP

iceman50
25th Jul 2018, 08:39
STP you are probably correct, I was just thinking about that offline and I was coming back to change the post, my apologies mrfox!:O

ACMS
25th Jul 2018, 08:41
I absolutely loved the 777 but the A350 is better, it should be too as it’s a lot newer tech.

It has its issues but what Jet doesn’t. They’re manageable.

The bunk however is like sleeping on a rock.

swh
25th Jul 2018, 11:48
The bunk however is like sleeping on a rock.

Only has to be available, not actually useable or in use according to someone.

Foxdeux
26th Jul 2018, 14:37
While I understand that nobody in this airline chooses what fleet they go on and certainly feel the need to up the banter between fleets, lets be real.
The only good thing about the airbus is the tray table, that's it.
Boeing aircraft are made with the pilots in mind, everything is solid and is actually a pleasure to operate. While the airbus is a plane made by engineers, for engineers. The continued arrogance and disdain towards pilots by the plonkers in Toulouse is the reason for the continued deskilling of the industry. Just look at the 350, treats its "pilots" like kindergarteners. My agenda is definitely a selfish one (ie wanting to keep my job for as long as I can) but I'm not going to stand in the way of progress of technology.

That goes the same with cars these days with all the automated assistance, thank god I can turn it off. Can you turn off the flight parameters in an airbus and do some actual flying without the computer telling you no?

TurningFinalRWY36
26th Jul 2018, 15:15
Jesus, who cares. Its all the same, you are flying an airliner not aerobatics. Follow FDs, AP on follow the magenta line. The boeing v airbus debate is laughable, what reason would there to be to turn off computers, the airbus just simply allows you to gain max performance out of the aircraft whilst not allowing you to fall out of the sky, AF447 excluded for a variety of reasons.

Vincent19
21st Mar 2024, 12:43
Airbus A350 can’t have it’s flight deck windows open and there is no bleedless air conditioning system like on B787.

What to do if you atrive at airport that prohibits running APU below 25C, or APU is INOP and it’s sunny outside and pilots are baking inside?

Bekol delay
21st Mar 2024, 17:17
Airbus A350 can’t have it’s flight deck windows open and there is no bleedless air conditioning system like on B787.

What to do if you atrive at airport that prohibits running APU below 25C, or APU is INOP and it’s sunny outside and pilots are baking inside?

Connect ground air, or just get on with it. It's not an issue.