PDA

View Full Version : T-6 RAF

typerated
22nd Jul 2018, 20:56
I'm interested to know why the RAF (well the firm that is supplying training to the RAF) is only getting 10 of these.
It seems far too small a number - Not sure how many Tucanos are still in operation.
Are they to be just used for just a small part of the course or use lot more simulators?

I note that the RNZAF is getting 11 - which seems far to many to supply pilots for a couple of Hercs and Orions!

pr00ne
22nd Jul 2018, 20:59
typerated,

The RAF isn't "getting" any! It is a contract that has to deliver a certain output at the end of the course of qualified aircrew ready for the next stage. The quantity of aircraft involved is merely what the company that own them thinks they will need. The current quantity is pre the 2015 SDSR so may well be increased to reflect the increased numbers.

Pure Pursuit
22nd Jul 2018, 23:02
Yes, they’ll definitely consider buying more T6....🙄

Absolutely no chance. Maximum profit with minimal spending and it’s going to be a disaster. The UK MFTS is completely unfit for purpose.

airpolice
22nd Jul 2018, 23:08
Yes, they’ll definitely consider buying more T6....🙄

Absolutely no chance. Maximum profit with minimal spending and it’s going to be a disaster. The UK MFTS is completely unfit for purpose.

That of course, depends on your view of the purpose. The people in charge are trying to make money, not Pilots.

flyinkiwi
23rd Jul 2018, 00:04
I note that the RNZAF is getting 11 - which seems far to many to supply pilots for a couple of Hercs and Orions!

They are already in service.

https://youtu.be/PlRa6W_w2oM