PDA

View Full Version : LATAM flights Heathrow

KelvinD
20th Jul 2018, 21:59
Sitting here with a window open, I heard the usual LATAM evening flight to San Paulo pass overhead. This was one of the usual 777 flight (PT-MUE). Now, just 3 minutes behind that one is another LATAM flight to Sao Paulo but this time a 767. Two flights in 3 minutes? I have noticed the 767 appearing at Heathrow a few times lately but this evening's flights made me wonder has there been a sudden upsurge in passenger numbers travelling that route? And not too long before that, there was the usual BA flight to Sao Paulo.
A popular place?

I should have realised that using Heathrow's on line departure guide was going to lead me up the garden path! They showed the BA flight having departed at around 22:00 (ish). In fact, it has just this minute passed over head at 23:35!

Rutan16
21st Jul 2018, 06:47
LATAM have an additional seasonal flight on THURSDAY FRIDAY AND SUNDAY using random slots and utilising the 763 if that helps.

DaveReidUK
21st Jul 2018, 06:50
The additional, thrice-weekly GRU flight (TAM9459) appears to be a recent addition, having only started in mid-June. I'm not sure how long it's planned to operate for.

wiggy
21st Jul 2018, 07:06
A popular place?

What, São Paulo itself? I’d rather not express too strong an opinion but I’d think of it as a hot humid Birmingham (UK) multiplied by about a factor of 10 in terms of population and traffic jams......TBF there’s some decent nightlife, and some decent restaurants. It is also probably a good hub for connecting flights with the rest of Brazil.........would I book it as a destination for a holiday.........:ooh:

wiggy
21st Jul 2018, 07:08
A popular place?

What, São Paulo itself? I’d rather not express too strong an opinion but I’d think of it as a hot humid Birmingham (UK) multiplied by about a factor of 10 in terms of population and traffic jams......TBF there’s some decent nightlife, and some decent restaurants if you know where to look. Probably most importantly it is also probably a good hub for connecting flights with the rest of Brazil.

KelvinD
21st Jul 2018, 08:04
Thanks all for the replies.
Imagine a hot & sticky Brum!