PDA

View Full Version : Airlines of Peru

clipstone
26th Jul 2002, 14:20
Ladies and Gents

I'm looking for views on the various Peruvian airlines, I've heard a little but nothing that much, the gist is as follows:

LAN Peru - a well run small airline pretty much managed by LAN Chile, now operating a couple of quite new A320s along with the ageing B732.

Aero Continente - a very sad story of dodgy dealings, grounded numerous times, obviously operated on exactly the same basis as it's Chilean namesake (which I believe is grounded as I type this)

TANS - Government owned and managed by the state Air Force, very little other information seems to be available.

Anyone have any other information or views on these or any other airlines in Peru? Who would you travel on????

Cheers

crazy_max
29th Jul 2002, 12:51
TACA PERU....

Started in 1999-2000 by TACA from El Salvador, part of some nasty plane called GRUPO TACA. The operation permits were obtained with bribes payed by the Kriete and Bloch Cartel to the Fujimori dictatorship. One of the biggest financial contributors of the last election process for Fujimori in the begining of 2000.
Yes, it is all true.
They are oparating airplanes owned by Lacsa from Costa Rica and Taca of El Salvador.
The pilots and cabin crew are treated and payed in typical TACA manner. Screw them till they leave.
How is that for some info on Peruvian Airlines.

CentralFlow
30th Jul 2002, 16:01
Clipstone - based on June 2002 visit following are operating:
1-LAN PERU A320s managed by Lan Chile & part of Oneworld.
(previously AEROPERU) and my chosen company for the flight
Lima-Cusco-Lima! Good, Clean, Competent!
2-AEROCONTINENTE 727/A300
3-AVIANDINA
4-TANS PERU
5-TACA PERU A320s N-registered (LIM-CUS-LIM)
In CUSCO:
Charter Operators TRANS ANDES (ex Aero Sur), AERO CONDOR, ALU SERVICIOS AEREOS, AIR ATLANTIC and HELI CUSCO - Macchu Picchu
Any other info available on request.

Panama Jack
1st Aug 2002, 02:22
Who would I travel on when going to Peru??? Either American or Continental :D

clipstone
2nd Aug 2002, 12:30
Sorry Panama Jack, I didn't mean to ask about travelling to Peru, I'm really interested about within Peru or between Peru and other South American countries. Thanks