PDA

View Full Version : Compass tests and assessment day advice

Logun94
19th Jul 2018, 23:20
Hi fellow wannabes and pilots alike .. im sure this question has been asked many times before but id like some helpful people to speak up once again.

In a month ill be doing an assessment day at Atlantic flight training academy in Cork and im a tad worried.

How can i prepare for the day itself and what can i expect from the aptitude tests? Apart from the basics like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division questions?

Iv noticed alot of mixed signals from reviews on the Pilot Aptitude Test website.. can anyone vouch for them or are they rubbish as I'v read from a few different sources. I've been trying to find some good software so i can get some practice in but not having any luck finding a legitimate program .. i don't mind paying as long as its going to be worthwhile.

As for the interview can anyone give any tips.
Thankyou in advance. :)

ASHTAM
27th Jul 2018, 11:02
hi.
i have the same question, apart from the Atlantic Flight Training, but i would like to know of a good COMPASS software to look at. The only one i have seen that seems fairly decent is the Pilot Aptitude Test website,

Thanks

appfo09
28th Jul 2018, 06:29
Hi fellows,

You can try Skytest for Middle East Pilot Screenings. It has the software suite included for preparing for the COMPASS test. It is worth the money spent if you honestly ask me.
Good Luck with all your coming assessments.

Banana Joe
28th Jul 2018, 10:10
I second appfo09, SkyTest is the best software you can buy and it's a one-time payment.

CaptainPugwash12
30th Jul 2018, 19:09
Skytest is good and any psychometric tests, also BBC GCSE bitsize has it, also read the post on DHL Cargo Germany, that has a good write up.

flyerflyer1
31st Jul 2018, 08:33
The AFTA assessment day is very easy compared to cadetships like Aer lingus, City Jet, Ryanair etc. If you do a small bit of study you will be fine, no need to worry 1 month out. They will assess basic math, physics and logical reasoning. They also have a small flying portion which is easy enough. The only bit that could be considered challenging is the interview, as long as you can show you like aviation and know a few bits you will be fine.

Logun94
31st Jul 2018, 19:59
Hi guys thanks for your help its been great,
So yeah iv tried 3 apps so far one bieng jobstestprep ..which in my opinion is not the best if you get a question wrong thats it ..it doesnt elaborate into why or give you a solution its just wrong ..which i think is pretty ****ty considering its £50 for 3 months
So another one i tried is airline test prep which is again difficult to use as the format is messy and frustrating .. costing £25 for 3 months
Im going to try skytest and ill update..
cheers guys much apreciated
Any idea on what physics ill need to brush up on eg formulas and what not ..😊

ASHTAM
1st Aug 2018, 20:37
Hi guys thanks for your help its been great,
So yeah iv tried 3 apps so far one bieng jobstestprep ..which in my opinion is not the best if you get a question wrong thats it ..it doesnt elaborate into why or give you a solution its just wrong ..which i think is pretty ****ty considering its £50 for 3 months
So another one i tried is airline test prep which is again difficult to use as the format is messy and frustrating .. costing £25 for 3 months
Im going to try skytest and ill update..
cheers guys much apreciated
Any idea on what physics ill need to brush up on eg formulas and what not ..😊

have you got an assement coming up?? i do at Kura and need to swat up

Logun94
1st Aug 2018, 20:44
I dont know what kura is but yes i do

ASHTAM
1st Aug 2018, 20:48
I dont know what kura is but yes i do

ok. have you managed to look at the skytest one yet?? iam looking to purchase either that one or the Pilapt one.......and cant think.

Logun94
1st Aug 2018, 21:12
Yeah its pretty good ..but little instructions on some of the tests like the crosshairs ones

ASHTAM
2nd Aug 2018, 05:57
Yeah its pretty good ..but little instructions on some of the tests like the crosshairs ones

Yeah i know what you mean...........and use a joystick instead of your keyboard.