PDA

View Full Version : Let's move on...

Breakthesilence
19th Jul 2018, 12:35
Hi eveyone,

I started to look around for new opportunities few months ago and I'm focusing on moving on the long haul if possible maintaining the left seat (that's the hardest part).
I've been flying the 737 for more than 10 years so, even if I still love it, it's time to improve my knowledge and fill my pilot experience bag with something new.

As someone saw here, I was asking for informations about China but actually I'm changing my mind for personal reasons.

If you have any hint or something to suggest (for info, I'm from Europe with EASA ATPL) I'd be really glad to hear from you ;)

Safe flights
BTS

Banana Joe
19th Jul 2018, 12:47
Air Atlanta on 747 or Air Japan on 767.

Breakthesilence
19th Jul 2018, 15:16
Air Atlanta on 747 or Air Japan on 767.

Thanks Banana ;)

Air Atlanta: 400 USD per day of work and you have to pay for the TR. If you fly 18 days it's something like 7200 USD Gross (minus the TR fee it's even less).

Air Japan: They are looking for JCAB licensed Captain only :(

flyac
19th Jul 2018, 16:10
Even though their salary isn't that good in the first years Norwegian seems to be an option for you. Dunno if they take you directly as a DEC but from RCA to Cpt it surely won't take long considering your experience.

Breakthesilence
19th Jul 2018, 17:04
Even though their salary isn't that good in the first years Norwegian seems to be an option for you. Dunno if they take you directly as a DEC but from RCA to Cpt it surely won't take long considering your experience.

Thank you flyac ;)
I was considering this option and gathered some informations by the agency. I can't join as DEC cause I haven't got long range experience and RCA doesn't look so attractive at first glance, I'd need some feedback from within the company and considering the bad news about the financial situation of Norwegian heard recently, I don't know if thrusting in their time-to-upgrade.

PS: It seems I'm negative in every post, that's because I've already done a good search and I'm trying here to see if there is something beyond the job advertisements we see every day on the usual job websites :}

Breakthesilence
20th Jul 2018, 08:33
Have you looked into WOW air? Brilliant t+c’s on the local contact, mixture of short and long haul, mixed fleet after 1 year and eligible for DEC.

Hi Wingman, I didn't know they accepted non rated, thank you so much ;) I will have a look today ;)

Breakthesilence
9th Aug 2018, 09:40
Any other suggestion guys?

I may consider going to China on long range, that would keep me away from there for longer compared to other short haul chinese jobs.