PDA

View Full Version : Equatorial Guinea cancelling CHC contracts

EESDL
18th Jul 2018, 13:48
https://www.verticalmag.com/news/equatorial-guinea-orders-oil-and-gas-producers-to-cancel-contracts-with-chc-helicopter/?utm_source=vertical-daily-news-top-story&utm_campaign=vertical-daily-news&utm_medium=email&utm_term=top-story&utm_content=V1

Does anybody here know what are the facts?

roybert
18th Jul 2018, 18:34
https://www.verticalmag.com/news/equatorial-guinea-orders-oil-and-gas-producers-to-cancel-contracts-with-chc-helicopter/?utm_source=vertical-daily-news-top-story&utm_campaign=vertical-daily-news&utm_medium=email&utm_term=top-story&utm_content=V1

From the Article I would say it's a case of not hiring enough locals to work for them.
Roybert

SuperF
19th Jul 2018, 08:25

What do you want facts for? you are on pprune.....

malabo
19th Jul 2018, 19:27
TIA. The squeeze is on, it doesn’t matter how much CHC has done it isn’t enough for a culture of greed. Richest country in the world (per capita), and they put road tolls everywhere on their 20km of roads. Really an oil company problem - if the contract isn’t profitable nobody will bid, and all additional costs to helicopter operators need to be covered. And the oil companies could have concerns on the quality of a nationalized operation.

pants on fire...
19th Jul 2018, 20:16
Maybe they were missed off the invitation list for the Dallas beanfeast? ;)

SASless
19th Jul 2018, 21:59
the oil companies could have concerns on the quality of a nationalized operation.

Really?

They would close down their entire operation and fold their Tent, pull up stakes, and go home?

212man
20th Jul 2018, 11:55
Really?

They would close down their entire operation and fold their Tent, pull up stakes, and go home?
or use boats....

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
20th Jul 2018, 14:56
or use boats....

Already in use extensively out of Malabo.

NEO

EESDL
20th Jul 2018, 18:47
Roybert
that’s my point - nothing is as they would like you to think. Quite a straight-forward story - you would think.
my view is that it’s another ‘play’ and someone somewhere will make more money from it

albatross
21st Jul 2018, 19:07
I could tell stories about working there but neither wise upon my part nor PC to comment.
Cheers
Albatross

Canuck Guy
14th Aug 2018, 16:46
Any updates on this situation at all? I would hope that MEGI would use their rather large hammer to force the issue and keep everything as is.

El Grifo
14th Aug 2018, 19:06
Ditto Albatross ! Been in some grim places in my working life.
This one was the worst I have ever seen !
First experience of people trading cat-meat as food !
El G.

nowherespecial
15th Aug 2018, 20:23
I'll get a couple of things off my chest on this topic which I have pretty good experience of.
1. CHC even in this market were likely making plenty of money in EG, it was a monopoly in a market with very high barriers to entry and no mean amount of risk. They're also flying S76C series which are hardly expensive to run in this market. Most of the ac they had in EG were owned anyway.
2. If this comes to pass, I'd put money that the CHC management in charge of it (not base staff, in the offices abroad) knew this months in advance, were warned, ignored it as 'same old Africa', did nothing and the authorities pulled the plug.
The base staff have been superb. The fault for this if it comes to pass is elsewhere.