PDA

View Full Version : What planet is CX living on. Take note.

mngmt mole
17th Jul 2018, 15:39
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/help-wanted-delta-seeks-8000-pilots-flight-attendants-may-apply.html

Airbubba
17th Jul 2018, 16:41
From the article:

Captains at major airlines can make more than $100,000.

FO's at places like Delta can make a lot more than $100K a year:

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/delta_air_lines

As is the custom, preference will be given to some demographics to promote inclusivity:

The airline, which said it developed the recruiting program over several years, is also working with professional associations such as the Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals, Women in Aviation International, the National Intercollegiate Flying Association and the National Gay Pilots Association to encourage students through high school age to pursue a career in aviation.

oriental flyer
17th Jul 2018, 17:23
Once again instead of taking the best most qualified people . Minorities will be given preference This is diversity gone mad .
i don’t care if you are blue balck white or pink . What I do care about is the fact that you got the position because you can do the job not because you filled some quota

Dan Winterland
22nd Jul 2018, 05:29
One China agency has just started offering joining bonuses up to US$60K. It's sure the others will follow. The bidding war for pilots has just started.

Arfur Dent
22nd Jul 2018, 07:56
Somebody at the helm of Swires knows what the Corporate Culture has been doing to morale in the last few years.
Simply put - they don't care about any of you/us. Join or leave as you wish - they don't care. Please be guided accordingly.

Kitsune
22nd Jul 2018, 09:01
Once again instead of taking the best most qualified people . Minorities will be given preference This is diversity gone mad .
i don’t care if you are blue balck white or pink . What I do care about is the fact that you got the position because you can do the job not because you filled some quota
The corollary to that is if you can do the job to the required standard you aren’t disadvantaged by your race/skin colour/sexual orientation. Frankly if the projections of pilot recruitment are even close to the real world then as long as you fit in the seat you’ll get a job...

The FUB
22nd Jul 2018, 10:44
....... And if you cannot reach the switches, or the ac is too difficult to handle then demand a transfer to an easier type

frampton
22nd Jul 2018, 16:43

I couldn't agree more. There appears to be a "world wide" agenda to dictate how we should live our lives. I always look at genetically unmodified "Mother Nature" to decide what is right.

Vested interests?; they'll have the shirt off your back.

Trafalgar
22nd Jul 2018, 16:59
The bottom line: There are more and more opportunities beyond CX every day. Why spend your careers with a PROVEN denier of your worth and efforts? Life is too short to be submerged in the daily misery that has become CX. Those that have left in the past decade have rarely regretted their decision. Take that opportunity now, as it is the best hiring environment in modern aviation history. Good luck to all. (and for those that stay at CX, you'll need it...).

Rascasse
22nd Jul 2018, 17:51
Hmmm, this seems it might be a growing problem for CX. (in spite of the oblivious comments from our management).

Global pilot shortage hits Australia, with cancelled regional routes just the beginning - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-22/airline-passengers-facing-perfect-storm-as-pilot-shortage-bites/10012624)

atpcliff
22nd Jul 2018, 19:50
From the article:

FO's at places like Delta can make a lot more than $100K a year:

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/delta_air_lines

As is the custom, preference will be given to some demographics to promote inclusivity:

For some insight on US pay:

FOs at DAL/UAL/FedEx/AA/Southwest/UPS/Alaskan/Hawaiian/Spirit/Omni/Kalitta WILL make more than $100k/year, starting Year 2.

I know a DAL FO who made about $350k one year. Omni (a small pax charter flying 777/767) first year base pay for FOs is now about $115K/yr. Even at Atlas, which doesn't have a great contract, they had some FOs making close to or over $200k/yr, on the 747. 2nd year pay at UPS for FOs is $175/hour, and that is for ALL airframes, including the 757.

And, for max pay, DAL (Delta) has had their senior Capts on the A-350 making close to $80k/month lately, due to staffing shortages.

Oh, and that article is WAY off on regional pay. At most US regionals now, the total compensation for new hire FOs is around $65K. I just flew with an FO who was a GoJet CRJ-700 Capt (they are an average US regional). He said he was typically making $13-15k/month for GoJet. Most US regionals are now hiring Street Captains (DECs) due to the worsening Pilot Shortage.

I hope that the pilots at Cathay/Dragon, and all the foreign carriers with sub-standard contracts, can get better T&Cs soon!

Heathrow Harry
22nd Jul 2018, 19:56
Tax??

Other benefits????

Leave??????

atpcliff
22nd Jul 2018, 20:15
Tax??
US effective tax rates for most pilots are around 15%-30%. The max tax rate for the highest income bracket is 38%, I believe.

Other benefits????
The "Big 6" (AA/UAL/DAL/FedEx/UPS/SWA) typically put about 15% of your pay directly into your retirement account, with no contribution required by the pilot. The medical plans are all pretty decent, even by worldwide standards. Virtually ALL US pilots have jumpseat rights, including overseas, to fly (on standby) for free on all other US carriers. The pax carriers all have fantastic free travel for their whole families, including the pilot's parents, on their networks. The work rules at the Big 6, + Alaska and Hawaiian are fantastic, and extensive.

Leave??????
Leave at Atlas, with a crappy contract, is max 3 weeks after 5 years. You can take 2 weeks of your leave in one month, and get that whole month off, so you end up with 5 weeks of leave. And you can use your one week of leave WITH your normal 13/14 days off for that month, and so be off 3 weeks in your 2nd vacation month, also.
Leave at really good contract places, like the Big 6, is MUCH better than the above. I think that the max leave is up to 6 weeks at those types of carriers.

Global Aviator
22nd Jul 2018, 22:27
One China agency has just started offering joining bonuses up to US$60K. It's sure the others will follow. The bidding war for pilots has just started.

Out of curiosity, which one?

Dan Winterland
23rd Jul 2018, 03:56
Wasinc. Think it's just for 320 rated pilots at the moment- but this will probably change. They also pay a bounty if you recommend someone who gets employed.