PDA

View Full Version : ICAO to ATPL

320rider
14th Jul 2018, 09:40
Hi everyone.
I am thinking about conversion my CAAC ATPL licence (issued in China) to EASA one. Does it metter in which country I will obtain EASA ATPL? I tried to google it out and came across records that licences issued in Baltic, Greese and some other countries are not good and you may be asked to convert such licence to UK's one to get haired. The process of conversion is almoust the same among EU countries and I just want to choose a good issuer. I've questioned EASA holders and were advised UK as the best and 100% trustworthy. For a number of reasons UK is not convinient for me and I rather incline towards Austria. Does anyone have any comments or smth to say about the topic above? I would appreciate any notes and oppinions.

cavok_flyer
14th Jul 2018, 10:20
Austria is probably the most expensive, but very service oriented. Avoid Germany at all costs!

320rider
14th Jul 2018, 10:42
Doesn't matter what country you do your ATPL in as long as it's a EASA member state

Converting is as simple as paying the conversion fee and some paperwork

Don't listen to the people saying you need a UK licence it's simply not true and if an airline requires you to have a UK licence or a Spanish licence you can easily convert to that licence when required
Negan, thank you for your rerspond!

320rider
14th Jul 2018, 10:47
Austria is probably the most expensive, but very service oriented. Avoid Germany at all costs!
Actually I'm not sure that Austria too pricy as in Irland the cost per exam is 100eur or 150 if you ask "special sitting" outside of the scheduled published dates.
Thank you

320rider
14th Jul 2018, 10:54
just noted that put wrong thread's name. :ugh:
should be ICAO ATPL to EASA one :rolleyes:
sorry for that

flugas
17th Jul 2018, 12:57
In the Czech Republic there is a known flight school called F AIR which is certified to train Chinese flight students acc. to the CAAC standards. They should be more familiar with your training standard than other flight schools.

Otherwise, you hold an ICAO license anyway and it is up to you where you convert your license in Europe. I hold an Austrian license myself and despite the higher administrative fees, my subjective impression is that it is far easier to deal with Austro Control than with other European CAAs. If you contact the Austrians in writing with whatever question you might have, they'll likely get back to you with a competent answer within just a few days. Calling them also works out well and the direct phone number of their Pilot Licenses Department ("Pilotenlizenzen") is even publicly disclosed on their website.