PDA

View Full Version : Large group of vintage aircraft over Peacehaven

vctenderness
12th Jul 2018, 09:54
Today, Thursday 12th July, whilst,walking the dog a large group of vintage aircraft flew low and slow above me,

One was a large civil airliner that I thought was a Britannia but I don’t think there is a flying version still around.

One was a twin boon propellor aircraft. One a Hurricane. And a couple I couldn’t identify.

They flew in a westerly direction turned back towards the east and finally followed the coast heading west.

Anyone an idea what they were and what were they doing?

treadigraph
12th Jul 2018, 11:27
Red Bull team on way to this weekend's Flying Legends Airshow at Duxford.

Airliner is their DC-6, twin boom is the ex-Lefty Gardner P-38 N25Y, "Hurricane" is their Corsair OE-EAS. Not sure what the others would be.

Another twin would be their B-25, and looking at FR24 their Alpha Jets also came across a few mins later, thought they'd been cancelled for Legends but perhaps Fairford or Farnborough.

vctenderness
12th Jul 2018, 13:01
Thanks for that.

GeeRam
19th Jul 2018, 19:30
Red Bull team on way to this weekend's Flying Legends Airshow at Duxford.

Airliner is their DC-6, twin boom is the ex-Lefty Gardner P-38 N25Y, "Hurricane" is their Corsair OE-EAS. Not sure what the others would be.

Another twin would be their B-25, and looking at FR24 their Alpha Jets also came across a few mins later, thought they'd been cancelled for Legends but perhaps Fairford or Farnborough.

Actually, the Hurricane probably was a Hurricane, as the Red Bull group linked up with a couple of the French operated warbirds, and flew over as a group, which included Hurricane P3351 (ex-Tim Wallis Alpine Fighter Collection) and a French operated Corsair.

treadigraph
19th Jul 2018, 23:34
Ah, thanks GR, apologies for impugning vctenderness's i/d skills. I think we had four or was it five Hurricanes at Duxford; If I heard right, the French Corsair was the Salis machine, F-AZEG.

Wander00
20th Jul 2018, 09:27
obviously trying to make the good people of Peacehaven feel at home, time-wise........