PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Red 3

Arfur Dent
12th Jul 2018, 02:21
Accident ( not allowed) when pilot ejected but engineer didn't ends career of Red 3.
is that true?? Only Mr Ling could "step in " at No 3.
What happened?

Pontius Navigator
12th Jul 2018, 07:26
What exactly are you asking?

Heathrow Harry
12th Jul 2018, 08:34
Timed at 03:21...he probably can't remember...;)

Treble one
12th Jul 2018, 09:58
I was led to believe that Red 3 (Flt Lt Stark) sustained injuries during his ejection that prevented him being able to fly and hence train.

A decision was made to replace him due to the timelines involved. Hence the return of the distinguished former Red 10.

Was led to believe that Flt Lt Stark will return in the team next year.

All unofficial but apparently from informed sources. Happy to be corrected.

campbeex
12th Jul 2018, 12:00
Considering the situation, is it not somewhat distasteful to be discussing the personal circumstances of an individual on a public forum? Especially as, I suspect, it's merely to satisfy another's idle curiousity.

Harley Quinn
12th Jul 2018, 16:06
Considering the situation, is it not somewhat distasteful to be discussing the personal circumstances of an individual on a public forum? Especially as, I suspect, it's merely to satisfy another's idle curiousity.

No, happens on here all the time

campbeex
12th Jul 2018, 19:48
No, happens on here all the time

I wouldn't have said it makes it correct though.

Tashengurt
12th Jul 2018, 19:53
It's a bit naive to think that there will be no interest in the recovery of a Red Arrows pilot.
You can't court publicity and expect to be able to turn it off when something goes wrong.

campbeex
12th Jul 2018, 20:14
Tash,

I take your point. However, the original post, I suggest, was being too invasive about seemingly ending the career of a professional aviator and therefore digging into what is a private matter.

Pontius Navigator
12th Jul 2018, 20:28
Tash,

I take your point. However, the original post, I suggest, was being too invasive about seemingly ending the career of a professional aviator and therefore digging into what is a private matter.
My point, at #2, was that it was so poorly worded as to largely obscure the question.
​​​

Cows getting bigger
12th Jul 2018, 22:03
I'll speculate:

He had a crash and a rather sporty ride on an ejection seat.
His rear seater, the chap he was responsible for, perished.
His job requires 100% concentration.
Perhaps, just perhaps, Red 3 is a human being and hacking around in a diamond nine is not something he should be doing right now, for a plethora of sensible reasons.

Short version - FFS, give the system/guy a break.

Davef68
12th Jul 2018, 22:48
CGB - well said