PDA

View Full Version : Which I one of those 3?

tunyet
10th Jul 2018, 01:21
Hi guys.
Im checking all then vietnam gigs for A320 Capt (Airlines,VJ and Jetstar) because commuting back to Europe but some posts of Airlines scares me.(even they said that you have to pay for your upgrade for the 350???!!!)
How about Jetstar?I checked in Rosworth the salary but don’t know nothing in regards conmuting (agreements with other airlines) roster etc.
About VJ looks good money for a captain but not so many benefits....
Thanks

iggy
10th Jul 2018, 02:57
Generally speaking the whole country of VN is bleeding experienced pilots at this moment, everyone is leaving. The only ones staying are the ones who have payed BIG money for a fleet transfer. Or the PTF cadets. Or the PTF cadets who are about to pay BIG money to get the upgrade. Anyways, quality of job is almost non existent here.

AVApilot
10th Jul 2018, 07:23
Where is everyone going? China?

BAe 146-100
10th Jul 2018, 18:50
The place ain’t what it used to be, quite a cushy job 4+ years ago has turned into a slog at all 3, particularly at Pacific and VJ be prepared to work to the max. Crappy rosters, flying always to China, bad weather coupled with endless 4 sectors when your not flying to China. As a Cpt I believe there is so many better options out there in todays market, the turnover is rife in VN, with Pacific in particular going through pilots like no tommorow. Also the place aint that cheap like it used to be bearing in mind in Pacific and VJ your gonna get bugger all benefits apart from your middle of the road salary,like I mentioned at one time a good gig and bit of a hidden gem for many years until VJ came a long and ruined it. I would have to give it the thumbs down, come only if no other options or your out of a job.

pezetaroi
11th Jul 2018, 13:36
If you’re heading from Europe to a commuting contract, go for VNA, at least you’ll have your business seat guaranteed on your off periods. Just left after three years which I pretty much enjoyed, if it wasn’t for the money, I’d probably still be there...

bigbird
12th Jul 2018, 09:10
Sorry to disappoint. It's NOT guaranteed. Space available only....

pezetaroi
12th Jul 2018, 22:44
You’re right, it’s subject to availability but it’s almost guaranteed, besides the fact that it’s a free ride back home, both of which are non existent on the other two options in Vietnam...