PDA

View Full Version : Birm U.K. drop off or car park walk

PEI_3721
8th Jul 2018, 10:07
Flying from Birmingham UK next month, very early morning; planning to use car park 2-3 for long stay and to avoid off airport shuttle wait.
Will it be easier to drop pax and bags in the drop off area (5 min walk reported) and then park, or park and driver / pax walk from the car park with bags (< 5 min walk) ?

WilliumMate
8th Jul 2018, 10:12
Car park 2/3 is the multi-storey adjacent to the terminal? Two minute walk. Car parks 4/5 are surface and have free shuttle bus every 10 minutes or a five minute walk.

Hotel Tango
8th Jul 2018, 12:40
Well, I'd say that depending on where you get to find a space in car park 4 or 5 I think that you are looking at more than a five minute walk with bags.

xanda_man
9th Jul 2018, 08:29
Use International Train Station. 20 mins free parking in the short stay (not in the main car park, don't make that mistake it'll cost you £13).

Simply jump on the free air/rail train which drops you right at departures. By far the easiest way to drop pax at BHX.

Hotel Tango
9th Jul 2018, 11:31
xanda_man, my understanding from his post is that the OP needs to park, not just drop-off.

xanda_man
9th Jul 2018, 12:54
xanda_man, my understanding from his post is that the OP needs to park, not just drop-off.

my bad, was reading too fast this morning. Then I can't offer any advice as I'm so close to the airport that I just cab it when the need arises

Hotel Tango
9th Jul 2018, 16:16
As for drop off only, like yourself, I always cab it too. When the airport introduced the £1 drop off charge I changed tack and got dropped off at the International Station. Not that I can't afford £1, it was just a matter of principle. Been doing it ever since. I also pick up taxis at the station as this (for me) is roughly 25% cheaper than taking one from outside the airport terminal.

sixchannel
9th Jul 2018, 21:12
As for drop off only, like yourself, I always cab it too. When the airport introduced the £1 drop off charge I changed tack and got dropped off at the International Station. Not that I can't afford £1, it was just a matter of principle. Been doing it ever since. I also pick up taxis at the station as this (for me) is roughly 25% cheaper than taking one from outside the airport terminal.
Thats all fine and dandy and we have done just that on occasion. BUT if you arrive at BHX on a holiday Red-Eye between 00.30 and 03.30 you'll be waiting for a shuttle bus. Case in point - Jet2's LS1230 scheduled to arrive c01.45 !!

Hotel Tango
9th Jul 2018, 21:57
There are always exceptions to any suggestions. If I was to travel at such times it would be bleeding obvious that I would have little option but to go for the more expensive alternative. However, the International Station option remains available for the great majority of travelers.