PDA

View Full Version : The Russian Way Of War

ORAC
7th Jul 2018, 05:32
https://www.snafu-solomon.com/2018/07/dr-phillip-karber-on-russian-way-of-war.html

https://youtu.be/_CMby_WPjk4

hunterboy
8th Jul 2018, 08:52
https://www.snafu-solomon.com/2018/07/dr-phillip-karber-on-russian-way-of-war.html

https://youtu.be/_CMby_WPjk4

worth a watch, I thought.. it does seem the Russians play to win.

glad rag
8th Jul 2018, 11:56
Should be a mandatory watch....

A_Van
8th Jul 2018, 15:42
Though this gentleman - Phillip Karber - deserves all possible respects as a former marine and then analyst, this presentation is a mix of absurd (major part) and truth (minor part).Very good to learn that the absurd part is being sold so good across the military folks. The farther they are from reality, the better ;)

glad rag
8th Jul 2018, 16:00
Though this gentleman - Phillip Karber - deserves all possible respects as a former marine and then analyst, this presentation is a mix of absurd (major part) and truth (minor part).Very good to learn that the absurd part is being sold so good across the military folks. The farther they are from reality, the better ;)

Sure thing Ivan.

Heathrow Harry
8th Jul 2018, 17:29

OK Van - what are the absurd bits and what are the truth parts?

A_Van
11th Jul 2018, 15:46
OK Van - what are the absurd bits

His thoughts and imaginations about strategies (to invade "poor neighbours"), all those "fronts" (that exist in Ukraine) and so on.

and what are the truth parts?

Some considerations on tech. capabilities.

Heathrow Harry
11th Jul 2018, 19:40
Well it's thought very bad form in Europe to invade your neighbours........ and, TBH, history suggests it doesn't really work

The USA ?? Maybe not so..................

Technical capabilities? No-one with any sense has ever underestimated Soviet/Russian capabilities... but there really isn't a lot of cash behind them .... rolling them out in quantity is tough when people have a vote

Predator Jock
13th Jul 2018, 12:54
OOOHHH. Watch out for the Russians.

They're your biggest threat?

Please

glad rag
13th Jul 2018, 13:51

Please

There are not my " biggest threat " rofl but you really should watch and inwardly digest the focus of their electronic warfare on the battlefield especially the elimination of enemy emitters and command hubs...

Heathrow Harry
13th Jul 2018, 14:32

Please

Biggest as in size and effect YES -

Imminent? No

I see Van is on holiday.........

A_Van
13th Jul 2018, 17:25

I see Van is on holiday.........

No, too much work, no rest for the weary. But I put in my two penny worth. Just gone digging the weeds at my dacha. Will be a fan of the English football team tomorrow as I was in 1966 being just a kid but still clearly remembering that play and even key players.

West Coast
14th Jul 2018, 03:07
Well it's thought very bad form in Europe to invade your neighbours

Recent change?

Heathrow Harry
14th Jul 2018, 09:07
Recent change?

Not saying it didn't happen but for the last 70 years it's been frowned upon

Tankertrashnav
14th Jul 2018, 09:50
Doing Soviet history at university we were told that in the 70 odd years of its existence the USSR had invaded the territory of every one of its neighbours. Putin's got a long way to go but he has made a start.

NutLoose
14th Jul 2018, 16:05
We have too though over a longer period

Tankertrashnav
14th Jul 2018, 16:45
Strictly speaking we dont have any neighbours other than the Republic of Ireland and I don't think we have ever invaded them.

Heathrow Harry
14th Jul 2018, 16:53
Strictly speaking we dont have any neighbours other than the Republic of Ireland and I don't think we have ever invaded them.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think they feel we invaded them in 1560 and overstayed our welcome to 1920.....

A_Van
14th Jul 2018, 16:58
"Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world in its long and colourful history, new research has found"

It's not RT, it's The Telegraph ;) :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html

And so what? The key point is interpretation of the word "invasion".USSR, Britain and US invaded Germany in 1944, was it for bad or for good?
USSR invaded a part of China in 1945 to take away the Japanese. And so on and so forth....

Riksbar
14th Jul 2018, 20:42
Among this select group of nations are far-off destinations such as Guatemala,

Did nobody in Belize ever “misread” a map or become temporarily unsure of their position?

Tankertrashnav
14th Jul 2018, 22:47
HH - no such place as the Republic of Ireland in 1520

But I take your point

West Coast
15th Jul 2018, 05:56
One has to think that all the kit, especially the heavier, integrated units makes for a great defense and as long as it’s close to the motherland, a worthy offense, but expeditionary it’s not. The lesson is that when Vlad starts to build up on your border, you must recognize it for what it’s worth as you’ll only have a short time to counter.