View Full Version : Loss of licence / Medical

cLeArIcE
5th Jul 2018, 06:15
Hello all,
Just wondering what people recommend for loss of licence and loss of medical protection. I know that most of the QF group airlines have their own program, some people recommended the commonwealth bank one (for the loss of licence) and others options through AIPA.
To be honest, I never really thought about such things before, but with a new family addition on the way its now concerning me.
Beings such a fickle industry, i guess we are all just one car crash or illness away from losing our class 1.
Thanks for the any recommendations or previous experiences!

Berealgetreal
5th Jul 2018, 07:06
Good advice from Council Van, get as much as you can. I'm with AFAP MBF.

I'd advise you to get an insurance broker/financail advisor to read through the fine print. Its very technical and unless you are an expert in the field you'll be making a decision off a glossy brochure which isn't worth the paper its printed on. Very few pilots take this important step FYI. Every once and a while I get it reviewed to check the the rule changes don't make the policy void for my circumstances.

Losing a class one is actually more common than many think and without loss of licence you'll be in deep trouble.