PDA

View Full Version : Number 1 Again

broadband circuit
5th Jul 2018, 04:15
https://homes.nine.com.au/2018/07/04/14/46/worlds-most-expensive-cities (https://homes.nine.com.au/2018/07/04/14/46/worlds-most-expensive-cities)

Guess who's number 1.... again.

Ironically, this appears on the internet the same day the AOA sends an email advising that negotiations have stalled over HKPA & pay.

LongTimeInCX
5th Jul 2018, 07:58
Well none of us could have seen "talks stalled over pay" again, could we??
Shock, horror!
Did anybody ever really expect that the folks we are/were dealing with, who are renowned for having long pockets and short arms, were ever really going to negotiate in good faith.
This should now show those last few G day workers,who saw the faintest glimmer of hope, that a mutually beneficial agreement (i.e. They put dollars on the table to fix a multitude of issues, and we take CC & TB off the table - until they are naughty again) could be achieved, was nothing more than their last and futile attempt to try and extract concessions before the financial recovery shows they should actually be sharing the wealth rather than penny pinching.

Well, anecdotally it seems someone has blown this opportunity.
They have shown you what level of respect they hold for both you and your skills, loyalty, licenses and experience.

I'm guessing CC & TB now stays, until they realise it will now take even more $$$ to fix both the recruitment issues, but more importantly the retention issues.
Anyone previously sitting on the fence about leaving, is now likely to have made their mind up, and will be making final plans to up stumps and go.
Retention problems are only likely to increase.

This will i believe only strengthen the resolve to ensure when/if negotiations restart, they will need to make even greater and significant financial overtures.

In the meantime, ignore the expected Pravda propaganda to the other company staff, who will no doubt be told the blame for talks failure, contraction of routes and services, missed opportunities etc, are all the fault of the pilots. They'll conveniently avoid pointing out historical aspects of pilots taking up to 27% pay cuts in the past, lack of 13 month for Level D staff/Captains, lack of COL pay rises, zero improvement to HKPA for LEP's, as they have to save enough to give level A/B/C an end of year pay rise and no doubt their 13th month bonus.
So let us all ignore their one sided propaganda and wait for them to come back to us.

They need us on-side more than the other way round.
Let us keep, and even enhance, that resolve and commitment for a fair and equitable solution that we have shown so far.

Avinthenews
5th Jul 2018, 08:20
Perhaps it's time for DS to mandate all trainers resign from training, you can see the respect the trainers got over at KA this past week.

I'm sick of gutless trainers saying my resignation will do nothing, it needs to be a mass resignation to have an impact. Keep hiding behind that you cowards. You know who you are, you're the ones that can't help saying I'm a "training captain".

Just man up for once and get this crap over with, then you can go back to being a "training captain"

Liam Gallagher
5th Jul 2018, 09:29
Wot Avinthenews said....

Threethirty
5th Jul 2018, 10:33
I think they're banking on an economic fallout, there's no doubt we are living in a huge bubble currently but look behind the fanfare and a lot of smart people are talking of an economic shock on the horizon.

RAT Management
5th Jul 2018, 15:01
Timing is everything and you only get one chance. The tables can turn in an instant. Need to sew this up before we lose our chips.

Union needs to walk away. start court cases and close the door to the crap that they have been open to for far too long.... All in the while we have been in the dark.... Tighten the screws!

plainpilot11
5th Jul 2018, 15:55
Immediate revocation of Typhoon Clause and Immediate Resignation of trainers, this negotiations needs to end ASAP. Let’s get this over with.

Dilbert68
5th Jul 2018, 18:02
Any trainers with enough balls to resign have already done so. Anyone still in training is too gutless or self-centered to give a sh!t about the greater good.

betpump5
5th Jul 2018, 23:36
We as a union have never been in a better position. I hope "stalled" is the diplomatic word for "walked away". Or at least going in that direction.

Time to tighten the screws

Flex88
6th Jul 2018, 01:17
We as a union have never been in a better position. I hope "stalled" is the diplomatic word for "walked away". Or at least going in that direction.

We have a whole new crew on the 3rd floor all looking to the Jellyfish for leadership and his tweaks to Project Altitude and Time to Win.
As we were just advised by the Hogman , "Phase 2" is just beginning and I'm absolutely positive the Jellyfish will stand up straight, will have our backs, and lead us toward a more prosperous,fulfilling and rewarding future.

Simply sit back, relax and let the Jellyfish and his pal GMF do their collective magic !!!

RAT Management
6th Jul 2018, 10:08
@flex.... Love the sarcasm.

mr did
6th Jul 2018, 14:34

So we aren't joining the Flash Mob at the Terminal this weekend??

broadband circuit
7th Jul 2018, 02:14
So we aren't joining the Flash Mob at the Terminal this weekend??

Let's name and shame anyone who does.

Or at the very least, post a link to a you tube video where faces are visible....