PDA

View Full Version : Change in Flying School

saby8
3rd Jul 2018, 07:50
HELP! My ward wants to change her flying school from USA to Canada. She has put in 60+ hours in USA but the school has turned out to be fraud. What are the repercussions? How do I report fraud in USA.

flyboyike
4th Jul 2018, 12:08
Can you be more specific? Fraud in what way?

saby8
5th Jul 2018, 08:25
Thank you for responding. My child has done 60+ hours of flying including her cross country solo but has yet to receive her PPL. As per her flying instructor, she is a natural with flying and is good. The check ride and long cross country is being delayed on flymsy reasons and poor condition of aircrafts. If I speak to the owner he takes it as an insult to his profession and ego and subsequently takes it out on my child. It has been 7 months since she started her training.

jrmyl
5th Jul 2018, 21:49
How old is your child? Maybe she needs to grow up and take care of herself. I don't mean to sound harsh but sometimes that is the best. What are the reasons your being given? Is it for examiner availability? Aircraft maintenance? Poor weather? All sound like regular reasons to me. Also, if she is delayed for a week or so, the instructor might feel that it is best to fly to review prior to a checkride. You don't want to go for a check when you haven't flown in a week or so. If those reasons add up then I can see taking 60+ hours to complete. Doesn't really sound like fraud to me.

B-757
6th Jul 2018, 02:59
Thank you for responding. My child has done 60+ hours of flying including her cross country solo but has yet to receive her PPL. As per her flying instructor, she is a natural with flying and is good. The check ride and long cross country is being delayed on flymsy reasons and poor condition of aircrafts. If I speak to the owner he takes it as an insult to his profession and ego and subsequently takes it out on my child. It has been 7 months since she started her training...7 months..??..PPL can be easily done in 2 months..You need to investigate..

Fly safe,
B-757

havick
6th Jul 2018, 03:06
..7 months..??..PPL can be easily done in 2 months..You need to investigate..

Fly safe,
B-757

some students do take that long depending on background, attitude and whether English is a first or second/third language.

B-757
6th Jul 2018, 03:20
some students do take that long depending on background, attitude and whether English is a first or second/third language...I agree..But 7 months for PPL is not normal..I would find out what is going on..

Fly safe,
B-757

saby8
9th Jul 2018, 07:34
Dear Sir's. Thank you for your kind response and I am taking the liberty of replying to all the questions and apprehensions raised above.
My daughters age is 20 years and is quite mature.
She is in Florida and the reasons quoted for her delayed PPL are, Aircraft ill maintained, weather and instructor unavailability.
If I write to the owner he takes it out on my daughter.
I have paid 21,000 USD already.
Please advise.

havick
9th Jul 2018, 18:36
Dear Sir's. Thank you for your kind response and I am taking the liberty of replying to all the questions and apprehensions raised above.
My daughters age is 20 years and is quite mature.
She is in Florida and the reasons quoted for her delayed PPL are, Aircraft ill maintained, weather and instructor unavailability.
If I write to the owner he takes it out on my daughter.
I have paid 21,000 USD already.
Please advise.

it could very well be the school, it also could very well be you daughter isn’t great at flying.

aircraft break, FL this time of year has lots of thunderstorms. Thy being said the school may be shady and taking her for a ride. Until you tell us which school it’s hard to give any advice.