PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia A320

Pan.am.85
3rd Jul 2018, 01:58
Hi all, does anyone know the terms and conditions offered for the Dec 320 captain position for Air Asia advertised by spectrum aviation?

bmw216gt
3rd Jul 2018, 12:27
Hi all, does anyone know the terms and conditions offered for the Dec 320 captain position for Air Asia advertised by spectrum aviation?
Thot they take their locals only mate?? why dont u try Spore..

jetjockey696
4th Jul 2018, 04:15
Why not put in your application to Spectrum, they will give you an outline of pay and conditions, cost you nothing to apply. if you don't like what you see. say thank you and move on AirAsia might need expats. especially the captains and FOs are leaving for better salary. many have gone to HK airlines/express, middle east etc. (they seen light and smell the money) full service alirlines.

a3twenty
4th Jul 2018, 05:03
Not sure what spectrum is offering, but this is what a friend sent me.

Black Crow
4th Jul 2018, 13:15
YGTBSM.

There are pilots actually considering this?

jetjockey696
6th Jul 2018, 07:40
YGTBSM.

There are pilots actually considering this?

yes.. you be surprise, never a shortage of guys that will show up. the salary being offered is a lot of money in malaysia, besides it cheaper living cost. you cant offer more salary than the locals. you cant upset the boat. just offer commuting contracts. show up and or stay at home.. the choice is yours.

Black Crow
7th Jul 2018, 13:29
yes.. you be surprise, never a shortage of guys that will show up. the salary being offered is a lot of money in malaysia, besides it cheaper living cost. you cant offer more salary than the locals. you cant upset the boat. just offer commuting contracts. show up and or stay at home.. the choice is yours.

Really sad, puts the profession right in the gutter.

Those "commuting contracts" are laughable.

booze
8th Jul 2018, 10:50
I dunno guys, but in case **** hits the fan with my current operator, i’d much rather sit around with the family in KL for 14 grand a month than 20k somewhere in China...

Black Crow
8th Jul 2018, 13:09
It's more than money (which is already low), it's working conditions. When reading these terms it's not appealing and basically one will find themselves in the cockpit more than they will see any meaningful time off.

krismiler
8th Jul 2018, 14:40
The cost of living in Malaysia is low and its more suited to a westerner with family than China or Vietnam. The work is hard with 6 sector days and 25 minute turnarounds. The 21/10 option would be commutable and there are lots of nice places nearby to spend time off, even Europe could be considered as airfares out of KL are quite cheap.

It could be an option for someone wanting a change or a short contract before retiring.

A321drvr
24th Nov 2018, 13:04
Any news on this lot besides that longhaul is not doing so well?

volare_737
25th Nov 2018, 03:44
I tell you the 20/10 option with confirmed tickets home on there Network for 13K US gives you more money after taking the living costs in to account then earning a Captains salary at HKA/HKE.
Also there is no comparison between the people of Malaysia and China/HK.
South East Asian people are very friendly, polite and normal. Nowhere near as unfriendly as the Honkers folks !!!!
You welcome to convince me otherwise !!!!

A321drvr
25th Nov 2018, 04:28
I tell you the 20/10 option with confirmed tickets home on there Network for 13K US gives you more money after taking the living costs in to account then earning a Captains salary at HKA/HKE.
Also there is no comparison between the people of Malaysia and China/HK.
South East Asian people are very friendly, polite and normal. Nowhere near as unfriendly as the Honkers folks !!!!
You welcome to convince me otherwise !!!!

Thanks volare_737! I had the same impression visiting a few years back.

YFloyd
28th Nov 2018, 10:45
Any news on this lot besides that longhaul is not doing so well?
A friend joined and he is enjoying it, takes about 3-4 months to obtain your license and do your Line check. Reportedly, there were some admin problems for those that went via Spectrum but idk the details.

The last batch of Capts are doing GS now (all 28 days of it.....). That's 100 expats that joined in the last 6 months (including a bunch of Iranians needing work given sanctions back home. Good for them).

No more recruitment for now.

A321drvr
28th Nov 2018, 11:30
A friend joined and he is enjoying it, takes about 3-4 months to obtain your license and do your Line check. Reportedly, there were some admin problems for those that went via Spectrum but idk the details.

The last batch of Capts are doing GS now (all 28 days of it.....). That's 100 expats that joined in the last 6 months (including a bunch of Iranians needing work given sanctions back home. Good for them).

No more recruitment for now.
Appreciate the insight. Thank you.

skyman123
16th Jan 2019, 23:25
hello,

Any news about the foreign First officer conditions, recruitment process ?
Any information would be appreciated

boomboom
2nd Feb 2019, 10:46
Guys, just a warning, do not go spectrum. A friend of mine used them and said they were the most useless bunch off amatuers his ever worked with. He was going for the A320 Capt DEC in KL He passed but AA never gave him the job and waited 4 months for an answer after screening for an answer...Without us pilots there is no contract companies, dont go for the crappy ones like this.