PDA

View Full Version : To jerez or not to jerez

silverknapper
25th Jul 2002, 22:40
Evening all

Can anyone shed any thoughts on the integrated courses versus a structured modular route. I was all set to sit jerez exams when I got talking to a few people at my medical who told me to look into a modular route. Have since found out it should cost about 32k to get an fATPL this way. Doesn't include food but still! Obviously i've been given the hard word by these guys and think this is the way ahead. I really would appreciate views on this either way.

cheers

blueb0y79
27th Jul 2002, 16:59
I went through the same thought processes before deciding to go to Aerofan. That was only because of the price. The 87,000 euros which jerez demand is far too expensive for a young guy like me to afford. imagine how long it would take you to pay that back. i suggest a cheap modular route or an integrated coursé abroad. The weather is good over there aswell.

blueb0y79

froglegs
27th Jul 2002, 19:02
You can come to USA and then convert but what you have to look at is the quality of training. Where can you get a good training. And not waste too much!
I was In Jerez, it was nice and training wise, it has improved since. But now I lay back and see how some "schools" are!!!
Frightening they pretend they send out pilots!

Bemused
28th Jul 2002, 01:00
silverknapper...

You were on the verge of heading off to Jerez... and this was the first time you heard of Modular courses????

Sory to be the B*stard, but...

Always good to do research, hey??? More money than sense...