PDA

View Full Version : Cops on guard

Little Black Duck
27th Jun 2018, 12:14
On the STAR into YMML last night still monitoring guard, we heard a detailed transmission from an undercover member quite obviously under a bit of duress. 25+ years, I’ve never heard anything like it.

Angle of Attack
27th Jun 2018, 12:23
A 457 visa holder under training on the Dash 8 I believe.

SHVC
27th Jun 2018, 21:09
Couldn't have just new recruit under training?! I guess we are Austranauts and we wouldn't dare make a mistake like that.

rodney rude
27th Jun 2018, 22:11
when did the cops get a dash 8?

Biatch
28th Jun 2018, 01:42
WTF are you even talking about?

Daddy Fantastic
28th Jun 2018, 02:37
WTF are you even talking about?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

josephfeatherweight
28th Jun 2018, 04:14
Most obscure thread of June 2018 - what on earth is this discussion about?

Little Black Duck
28th Jun 2018, 04:35
Okay I didn’t put much detail as I thought anyone else who heard it would know what I was talking about and might know more. It was a cop on the ground describing in great detail over a number of lengthy transmissions on 121.5 (couldn’t hear responses) an imminent shootout with an aggressive armed group (-38s were mentioned) and was calling for backup on the ground as well as an air wing support. He described what he was wearing flack jacket, baseball cap, right down to colour of his runners for obvious reasons. Didn’t sound like finger trouble, sounded highly professional and in a world of sh1t. Like I said, never heard 121.5 used like that before, but if no one has anything to add, mods please delete.

Capt Fathom
28th Jun 2018, 05:13
Fake transmission?

porch monkey
28th Jun 2018, 05:40
Except for the airwing, no police radio has access to 121.5. So some spanker on aviation band vhf is my guess.

ACMS
28th Jun 2018, 06:36
Ask YMML ATC for the Vic Pol Air Wing number and ring them, describe what you heard and see what they say.

simples.

dr dre
28th Jun 2018, 06:47
Okay I didn’t put much detail as I thought anyone else who heard it would know what I was talking about and might know more. It was a cop on the ground describing in great detail over a number of lengthy transmissions on 121.5 (couldn’t hear responses) an imminent shootout with an aggressive armed group (-38s were mentioned) and was calling for backup on the ground as well as an air wing support. He described what he was wearing flack jacket, baseball cap, right down to colour of his runners for obvious reasons. Didn’t sound like finger trouble, sounded highly professional and in a world of sh1t. Like I said, never heard 121.5 used like that before, but if no one has anything to add, mods please delete.

I don't think a police officer would use the description "flak jacket"

Plus there was no coverage of any shooting in Melbourne last night.

Sounds like a fake transmission

RAC/OPS
28th Jun 2018, 11:28
The cheek of it! I’m glad you professional pilots never make your passenger announcements on ground or tower (or any other) frequencies!

itsnotthatbloodyhard
28th Jun 2018, 12:27
The cheek of it! I’m glad you professional pilots never make your passenger announcements on ground or tower (or any other) frequencies!

Our passengers never listen to our PAs, so we get a more attentive audience by transmitting them on the radio instead.