PDA

View Full Version : Timing, Gentlemen.

Spur Lash
25th Jul 2002, 20:38
If you have probs with your timing Gents, the Reds at Manchester this evening will have given you something to aim for!!

Well Done to them and the support crews.

spekesoftly
25th Jul 2002, 23:34
Just watched a recording of the opening ceremony, and the flypast did look good. Will this be a new trend for the Reds; night-time displays? ;)

Man-on-the-fence
26th Jul 2002, 07:34
Flying by Braille?? :D

flygunz
26th Jul 2002, 07:42
Crap, they were early, HM hadn't sat down! However mutual back slapping is ok if you need it!!
Last year the Apache display team(4) conducted their flying display at Middle Wallop at night on NVS in front of 11000 spectators. It's been done!
:p

MrBernoulli
26th Jul 2002, 08:36
Whether they were early or late is debateable but I'm sure their flypast did not occur at the original scheduled time. The Reds were in flight planning at a large airfield somewhere in Oxon. and were heard to say that their flypast would occur at 2116 local. It was about 8 to 10 minutes later than that when it finally happened.

Jimlad
26th Jul 2002, 09:48
I thought the guys did a rather good performace yesterday at RMCS for the JSCSC boys - it was very good, but the ending was a little lacklustre.

Flatus Veteranus
26th Jul 2002, 19:30
Done by 4 Meteors of 208 Sqn at Abu Sueir in 1954. Led by Sqn Ldr Jack Fryer (retd). FV flew No 3. Full moon - piece of cake!:) :)

fobotcso
26th Jul 2002, 19:42
FV, How did the head-on by the synchro pair go? ;)

FG, I was there and you needed NVG to see them! It was a good example of a display that was awesome to those who knew what was going on, but to Mr Joe Public it was irrelevant and unimpressive - like night formation aeros. And getting those 11,000 people out of the gates when it was all over was quite another story!:mad:

Audax
26th Jul 2002, 19:48
FV---Good Sport, have done it twice, both briefly and totally, er, non authorised

Once in a Lightning and second time in would you believe a Bulldog (but I was leading!).

Happy days

flygunz
27th Jul 2002, 08:04
Fobotsco,
Time to come clean here, the Apache display was last on the agenda but after all the other displays added their 2 minutes delay, we ended up doing it at last light! Glad you enjoyed it though!!:eek:
As for getting out, never met an event organiser who was too interested in that part of the show, down to the Police I think!!
If you go this year plan your escape!!
;)