PDA

View Full Version : Cobham Aviation - PER

cc2018
26th Jun 2018, 07:00
Has anyone applied for their recent intake? They have readvertised for the third time now and I didn’t know if this was normal!

Jecht
28th Jun 2018, 03:06
That's odd. I interviewed with them in January. I was successful through all the interviews and we were told to wait until they were ready to send us to training school.

cc2018
28th Jun 2018, 05:27
That's odd. I interviewed with them in January. I was successful through all the interviews and we were told to wait until they were ready to send us to training school.

its up for the 4th time now. I applied three weeks ago and it’s been up and down 4 times! So confusing.

I wasn’t sure if they just wanted more applications or something? Was the recruitment process quite simple for you?

Jecht
28th Jun 2018, 05:42
its up for the 4th time now. I applied three weeks ago and it’s been up and down 4 times! So confusing.

I wasn’t sure if they just wanted more applications or something? Was the recruitment process quite simple for you?

Well I originally applied around July 2017. I didn't get a call for a recruitment invitation until Dec '17. Receieved an email for an online psych assesment and some basic math/problem skills. Had the group interview in Jan '18. Was an all day kind of thing. An info session, a few group activities. Then they cut down the numbers. You get a personal interview afterwards. Got a call a few weeks later to say I was successful, and they'll be in contact when they're ready to send us to ground school.

Theve contacted me a couple times to remind me I'm still on their active list and they're waiting still. But from I've gathered with interviews with a few airlines is the interview process drags out. My understanding is they need the numbers and people they want selected before a contract is landed or they gain additional fleets. So don't be alarmed if they're silent, it seems the general consensus is applicants can be left waiting in the dark.

cc2018
3rd Jul 2018, 02:35
Well I originally applied around July 2017. I didn't get a call for a recruitment invitation until Dec '17. Receieved an email for an online psych assesment and some basic math/problem skills. Had the group interview in Jan '18. Was an all day kind of thing. An info session, a few group activities. Then they cut down the numbers. You get a personal interview afterwards. Got a call a few weeks later to say I was successful, and they'll be in contact when they're ready to send us to ground school.

Theve contacted me a couple times to remind me I'm still on their active list and they're waiting still. But from I've gathered with interviews with a few airlines is the interview process drags out. My understanding is they need the numbers and people they want selected before a contract is landed or they gain additional fleets. So don't be alarmed if they're silent, it seems the general consensus is applicants can be left waiting in the dark.

oh wow that’s such a long time. For some reason I assumed a smaller regional airline would be a bit quicker than most but clearly not!

they have reposted the job again today! Up to 5 or 6 now. I guess we keep waiting!

Jecht
3rd Jul 2018, 02:39
The mining industry is rumoured to pick up a bit soon. So if that gets going they'll definitely be picking their pace up with recruitment too