PDA

View Full Version : Vanbrugh Castle School

levington
25th Jun 2018, 21:58
Good Evening,

I apologise that this is my first post; I have no excuse.

However, my reason for finally posting something is that if anyone is interested, there will be a reunion at the Castle on Sunday 2nd September 2018. PM me if you would like to know more details.

Ex VCS pupil

Chris Kebab
26th Jun 2018, 19:44
Now there's a place I had heard about many years ago having known an ex-pupil (whose name has long since gone but he did join up) - but know almost nothing about. Surprisingly little on it on the internet. Good luck with your reunion.

levington
27th Jun 2018, 19:47
Now there's a place I had heard about many years ago having known an ex-pupil (whose name has long since gone but he did join up) - but know almost nothing about. Surprisingly little on it on the internet. Good luck with your reunion.
Thank you.
There is a webpage for the school.

As I have less than 10 posts I am not allowed to post URLs. However, you can find the website by removing the spaces from the text below and pasting it into your browser:

http://vcs.atwebpages.com/

jimjim1
28th Jun 2018, 09:14
VCS Index (http://vcs.atwebpages.com/)

"A collection of historical documents, photographs and recollections about the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund boarding school, Vanbrugh Castle, from its beginnings in 1921 to its closure in 1976."

My bold.

levington
29th Jun 2018, 09:57
"A collection of historical documents, photographs and recollections about the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund boarding school, Vanbrugh Castle, from its beginnings in 1921 to its closure in 1976."

My bold.
Thank you for adding the link. I don't understand the point you are making by highlighting that particular bit of text.

OvertHawk
29th Jun 2018, 17:05
I think he was responding to another, now deleted, post questioning why this was relevant to the forum.

levington
1st Jul 2018, 12:11
I think he was responding to another, now deleted, post questioning why this was relevant to the forum.
Thank you for the clarification. Perhaps I should have added a bit of explanation.