PDA

View Full Version : The Gatbash Seminars Are Back!(Or: 'What's really going on in aviation and training')

InFinRetirement
25th Jul 2002, 17:55
I am sure you will be pleased to know that I am running the seminars again this year at the Holiday Inn Hotel, Langley Green, Crawley. On December 13th. The day of the Christmas Gatbash.

There will be room for 50 students ONLY. The whole event will start at 0900, with Military, ATC and ATPL/CPL informal forums with Capt PPRuNe, Scroggs, StopStart, PPRuNe Towers, PPRuNe Radar, CrashDive, Sick Squid and Hamrah in attendance.

There will be a refreshment break in the morning followed by LUNCH followed by changeovers to the next refreshment break.

At 1530 there will be 90 minute joint lecture, to which all students are invited to attend, on TEST FLYING – PAST AND PRESENT. This lecture will be given by TWO superb test pilots. Dave Southwood, a test pilot at Boscombe Down who is perhaps best remembered for his weekly visits to our TV screens in the BBC programme TEST PILOT. A very fine insight into Boscombe and its very high standard of teaching. Dave flies everything at Boscombe Down. He also flies many of the Warbirds at Duxford – for fun! These include the Hunter, Spitfire and the Me109 – amongst many others.

Our second test pilot is known to very many of you already, and he is the great JOHN FARLEY. He IS best remembered for his magnificent skills and brilliant test flying in the HARRIER. Many say, and have said, that without John’s dedication and understanding of the problems encountered with the Harrier, it may never have got to be the brilliant aeroplane it is today – albeit that it will disappear in the years ahead. John spent 19 years contributing to the development of the Harrier. In 1990 he was the first from the Western world to fly the MIG29. He continues to be actively involved in aviation and his services are constantly in demand.

So, as well as giving you some of the latest gen on the current state of the flying market and knowledge on your quest up the commercial ladder, we have a rare opportunity to hear a really fine lecture to finish your day.

The cost of the seminars is £20 each. The cost is actually £25 each but I am placing £250 of the PPRuNe Fund towards the cost, which includes arrival coffee, morning and afternoon refreshments, and lunch. A fair price for a good day. Please send a cheque made out to the Pprune Fund, and send to 5 Station Approach, Belmont, Surrey SM2 6BW

Please note that it will be first come first served and NO refunds, so please do make sure you want the place you book. The minute I receive your money, you are in. If you want to be included in the Bash as well - do include that cost too.

Any queries, feel free to contact me.

PLEASE NOTE! The names of those who have paid will be shown here and ONLY here.

So far they are:

FATHER MULCAHY / SE5A / GIN SLINGER / THE ISLANDER / FOGHORN / BIG BAD DOM / MONKEYBOY / GOLDFINGER / BUTTER SIDE-UP / SHAMROCK / G-SXTY / DART20 / NIGHTHAWK ZERO / ST HILARY / FLYING FARMER / GAF4139 / THE GREENER GRASS / F3 / SPRINTING RABBIT / PILOT PAUL / SEAT-OF-MY-PANTS / BUTTLINE / JASONJDR / FRA / NOVEMBER WHISKEY / SQUIRE / TOPBUM / AH64 APACHE / GDNHALLEY / CHUFFER CHADLEY / PENGUINA / JB007 / THE MOLE / CHECKS COMPLETE / DIGGA / MILES HIGH / IAINPOLL / THE NAVIGATOR / CFViela / JMAndrade / MackMeter / DUSTY_B / BIG MISTER / IANCLAY / BM2*/ CHUCK STOCK / STEAMCHICKEN / TOM775257 / GAZEEM / CHARLEY / PG WING TIPS

The list is now closed. However, I have started a wait list should someone drop out. Please let me know if you want to be on it.

IFR

The Islander
26th Jul 2002, 10:08
IFR,
I would like to put my name forward to secure a place. It would be worth the money to attend the Test flying lectures alone.
Many thanks

Gin Slinger
26th Jul 2002, 10:29
Sounds too good to miss - particularly with a big booze up afterwards...

Goldfinger
26th Jul 2002, 11:45
IFR, please put my name down. Cheque is in the post today.

Thanks
:D :D :D :D

G SXTY
26th Jul 2002, 13:03
Ever known me miss a seminar? ;)

monkeyboy
26th Jul 2002, 15:03
Oh yes please!

Go easy on me, I'm a virgin to these. :)

gus_honeybun
26th Jul 2002, 15:30
IFR... count me in aswell. Cheque in the post as we speak.

SkyGuy
29th Jul 2002, 12:18
YAWN!

:o

PPRuNe Radar
29th Jul 2002, 12:38
SkyGuy

Seems every second post you are telling someone they are boring, need to get a life, or offer other such nuggets of wisdom.

Any psychological reason for this ???

Dart20
29th Jul 2002, 15:12
Count me in, cheque in the post

foghorn
29th Jul 2002, 15:14
Sounds good, I'll try to actually make it this time after a false start last year...

cheers!
foggy.

InFinRetirement
29th Jul 2002, 17:53
There are about 8 people say they are coming to the seminars.

Two to the bash - one I know of and one who has contacted me today.

BUT...........................I have TWO cheques today with only private names on - which I NEVER reveal. But one has the initials RH and the other DWH. Please get in touch with your USER NAME. I must have that guys so please let me know who you are when you send a cheque.

IFR

Big Bad Dom
29th Jul 2002, 23:03
Hi IFR

I'd love to come to both the seminars and the bash. Cheque is in the post. Many thanks!

SkyGuy
30th Jul 2002, 10:04
PPRuNE RADAR

Thats not very fair now.
I do not abuse people in the way you suggest.
All i did was state my personal opinion on this matter which was YAWN! :o this type of thing isnt for me.
If wannabes want to go and listen to some burnt out test pilots and be told there are no jobs out there then fine but as i have already said it isnt for me.

I remember the days when PPRuNE was interesting with lots of different opinions on topics..... now it seems to be just a load of clones all with the same views.

The graphics may be better, There may be more members BUT the content has suffered.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

Oh and get a life........:mad:

PPRuNe Radar
30th Jul 2002, 10:47
I'll just let others judge your quotes and posts, it's nothing to do with being fair. And yes I over exaggerated, these types of comments appear in only every 10th post from you. Sorry.

So apart from Yawn we have:

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and get a life.......

Lick it,Suck it baby thats it........................

You boring ball bag

You do seem to like winding people up though, whether it's about Ryanair, gays, British Airways, or BAeFC (as was) or whatever. And I'm certainly not the first to comment on your statements.

It's clear you don't like the stuff PPRuNe wants to do to try and help the Wannabes. That's fine, your opinion to which you're entitled. However if you don't like it, why bother commenting on it in such a pathetic way ? Argue why you don't like it instead of coming out with the sort of comment a 5 year old would. There are a lot more people who have taken the info given and used it to their benefit than you. Maybe your Astraeus application experience gave you the chip ???

There is no total freedom of speech on PPRuNe. Danny has stated this in numerous threads. However, difference of opinion is welcome and encouraged in a professional and reasoned debate. Name calling and single worded responses don't really fall into that category. You must be a CRM Instructors dream.

As for the burnt out test pilots crap, Dave Southwood is very much active in a lot of projects still. I'd place bets he could fly the pants off you without the use of his arms and blindfolded. Certainly know the pilot who I'd rather fly with given your contributions to PPRuNe.

Glad to see you got an airline job though. Hope indeed for our many Wannabes who have the skill and courage to make it.

Aviation is a very very small world. The plus side is networking can really help a lot in opening doors and getting information and help. Lots of our Wannabes know and use this to their advantage. The downside is if you are an idiot, word soon gets around.

To get back on track, if anyone has any doubts as to the worth of the seminars, then ask around here. The people who have attended can tell you what they thought. I won't predict the range of comment but leave that to those who experienced them in our previous programmes.

G SXTY
30th Jul 2002, 11:33
SkyGuy
A word of advice that one of my primary school teachers gave me when I was six; “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” If you just want to wind people up, give Jet Blast a try.

Everyone Else
I have been to both previous seminar sessions, and I can’t wait to get to the third one. Why? I get to chat to (and pick up invaluable advice from) current airline pilots, up to & including an ex chief pilot of Go. I’ve had advice on CVs, interview techniques, sim tests, modular v integrated ATPLs, etc etc. Other people attending have had everything from zero hours right through to 3000hrs+, and they’ve all had something useful to contribute.

I am but a humble student pilot who drives an equally humble C152, but thanks to these seminars, I’m on first name terms with several airline captains & FOs, an ATC manager & a retired airline owner. And I can even keep up with them for the first few rounds.:) As a direct result of the seminars, I’ve been lucky enough to have a visit to LATCC & Heathrow tower – something I wouldn’t have dreamed of 18 months ago.

In short, £20 is a bit of a gift –I’d recommend it to anyone.

PPRuNe Pop
30th Jul 2002, 13:23
I sent SkyGuy a friendly warning about his tone on PPRuNe, even offered him tea and biscuits, but since he is not a fit person to be seen on PPRuNe and has furthered his offensiveness I have now banned him, which just goes to show that PPRuNe Radar must have been right.

BIG MISTER
31st Jul 2002, 11:55
Well said gentlemen ! ! !

These seminars are like liquid gold and the Bashes that follow are just about as much fun as you can legally have with your kit on !

Don - I'm still trying to get on your list - may have to be annual leave - but its still worth it !!!

Keep up the good work

Big Mister aka BBR

:D :D :D

Butter side-up
1st Aug 2002, 10:06
My cheque is in the post today. Hope there is still a place left for me.

Good luck with the event.

St Hilary
7th Aug 2002, 20:23
Count me in as well please ( if i'm not to late ! )

cheque is in the post

Flying Farmer
9th Aug 2002, 07:26
Count me in

Anything to get face know is worth while

All the best

Flying Farmer

Are partners welcome

InFinRetirement
9th Aug 2002, 12:04
Ahhh. I would rather like to answer that question a bit later. When I see how many wannabes need a place. Each room is limited to 25 seats.

However, I assume you are thinking of attending the bash as well, in which case your partner can come to hotel with you and would able to attend the Test Pilots lecture in the afternoon. But........if there is a spare place within a week or so of the day I will be happy to let you that. In the meantime please feel free to book your place as per page one.

Fair enough?

FL390
14th Aug 2002, 17:04
The link below is a thread that I started after the seminars last Christmas. If you are unsure about what goes on there then I suggest reading this thread and scrolling down to some of the posts by G-SXTY, Sick Squid and Redsnail, to name but a few. I'm sure it will give you an idea of what goes on there!:)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7967&perpage=15&highlight=seminars&pagenumber=1

InFinRetirement
26th Aug 2002, 11:48
I am surprised that so few people have responded to the Seminars - so far!

Perhaps it was because it was a "sticky" - and literally got stuck at the top of the page. I have changed that now so I hope many more of you will attend to get a feel for the current state in the industry. And to hear a 90 minute lecture from one of the acclaimed test pilots, John Farley, and from an active test pilot at Boscombe Down, Dave Southwood. See page ONE of this thread.

I am sure the numbers will swell but I suggest 'you' book your place now.

Go on, you know it makes sense :D

IFR

GAF4139
26th Aug 2002, 20:27
IFR

I waited to give all the new wannabes a chance to go to the seminars. But it seems they are not too keen. So please count me in. My cheque will be in the post tomorrow.

Regards

GAF4139

F3
26th Aug 2002, 22:24
Cheque in post, and thanks.:)

The Greener Grass
27th Aug 2002, 08:24
IFR

As I had attended last year I was waiting for others to fill your places. But as GAF4139 says, it doesn't appear to be happening, so cheque in the post. :D Please mark me down for a place.

Come on wannabes - this is a cracking day, you really will miss out if you don't come along.

InFinRetirement
28th Aug 2002, 06:29
Good! I look forward to including you and many more.

Have to say, that it was gracious of those who held back to give others a chance! I like that a lot. :cool:

scroggs
28th Aug 2002, 11:31
Can I come?:D

InFinRetirement
28th Aug 2002, 12:24
NO! ;)

PPRuNe Pop
29th Aug 2002, 14:03
Take no notice of him Scroggs - of course you can ;)

Sagey
29th Aug 2002, 14:10
IFR same applies for me, did them last year but would like to attend again.

One problem is I am due to start a new job on the 09/09/02 so will have to hold back for this and the bash booking until I know I can definitely get a day off.

Otherwise waiting for pay day to book the bash ;)

Sagey

redsnail
29th Aug 2002, 14:41
Hey scroggsy,
I am sure you can ;) , you can also attend too.
You can relax, I probably won't be at the seminars. Might turn up to the Bash though and be a menace. :D

InFinRetirement
30th Aug 2002, 18:48
Look forward to it Sagey. Is S coming too?

Sagey
1st Sep 2002, 10:43
Don't know IFR, land of disorganisation.

Apparently S doesn't do Friday the 13th. No doubt all the regulars will be there in the end :)

Good time to go b.t.t.t

And sign up you miserable lot, you receive top lectures, followed by a top organised party, with top food.

Now you can't go wrong with that.

Sagey

InFinRetirement
2nd Sep 2002, 17:32
Still 31 places available for the seminars. 19 regulars already booked their places.

These seminars are specifically for our wannabes and not one who has attended before will tell you it is a waste of time and so little money - you get the latest gen on the state of the industry too. However, anyone is welcome - even if you have been to a seminar before

And don't forget the PPRuNe Fund will be putting in £250 to offset some of the cost which, for the first time, includes lunch.

And the bonus is a lecture from two Test Pilots, who are also avid PPRuNer's. I wouldn't miss that for the world I can tell you.

Oh! And don't forget you can come to the GatBash too - just check-out the PPRuNe Bashes forum for the details on the Christmas Gatbash.

IFR

G SXTY
4th Sep 2002, 12:24
There's lunch as well? I'm definitely coming now.:)

And just a thought - how about a seminar on bash decorum? I could think of a few people who'd be ideal to give that talk . . .:D

MikeSamuel
4th Sep 2002, 13:01
I'm coming, but I can't send the cash just yet...Let me get settled into the new job, and I'll put the cheque in the post :)

TheNavigator
4th Sep 2002, 13:14
Missed the first seminar & bash, went to the second seminar but missed the bash.

This time I can't miss neither the seminar nor the bash! :cool:

I will confirm later on as at the moment I have no idea if I am going to be around at that time.

Hope to see you all there again!

InFinRetirement
6th Sep 2002, 22:48
Disappointed that not many people are interested in this. It is a beauty! Come on guys and girls get a place booked.

IFR

buttline
7th Sep 2002, 00:27
InFin,

How much is the Bash so I can send a cheque for both (never been to either, having been stuck in Florida until recently). Oh, yeah and what is the bash?

Cheers

GAF4139
7th Sep 2002, 20:34
IFR

I am afraid you made a serious mistake. You should have demanded £200 instead of £20 for the seminars. I garantee you they would have been three times overbooked by now. We wannabe pilots are just not used to pay so little when it is in connection with pilot training.

If it ain't expensive it ain't no good. In the case of the Gatbash Seminars I can speak from my own experience and can only say whoever thinks this couldn't be more wrong.

I would strongly advise everybody who wants to fork out £30k - £60k for a frozen ATPL to spend 20 quid and go to the Seminars first. The information they can get there might save them thousands of pounds later during their training. But then, what would I know - I am just an accountant.

GAF4139

scroggs
7th Sep 2002, 21:02
I've re-stuck the topic and edited the title to try and reach a new audience. Perhaps our Wannabes have become so depressed, cynical and defeatist that they no longer wish to find out what's actually happening in the industry right now, rather than what the schools would have them believe.

These seminars include lectures or discussions about obtaining your licences (including the debate about modular/integrated and which schools), obtaining that first job (with advice on CVs and interviews), what it's really like to work in BA/Virgin/EZ/the RAF or almost anyone else you have ambitions for, what's happening in the overall employment market including the latest hot poop about BA (fresh from the kangaroo's mouth), and plenty of opportunities for networking with the people already where you want to be. As I never tire of telling you, 'who you know' is often as important as 'what you know'. Over and above that, IFR has arranged lectures from two pilots I hold in very high regard indeed, and whose discursions I have been priviledged to listen to on many occasions. (I personally think they're both better for a few beers, and I'm sure neither would disagree.....;) ). Their combined knowlege of aeroplanes, aviation and flight would eclipse almost the whole of the rest of the Pprune world. Industry would pay a great deal of money for their juniors to hear these guys speak.

This is a seriously good facility, at a ridiculously low price, and it only comes round once a year. Are you so confident of your job chances that you can afford not to attend? And those of you over 18 can stay after and join the 'names' of Pprune at play! It's worth a fortune, in my opinion, and by the end of the night it's usually cost me one....:rolleyes:

Funkie
8th Sep 2002, 08:38
Scroggs/IFR

As I had attended last year, I felt it only fair to let others who had not been before, the chance to put their money where their mouth is and attend the seminars. Not only will this give them the chance to obtain invaluable information about the industry, they will also meet the people who run this website and many others, also known as 'networking' .....

However, as the uptake has not been overwhelming, my cheque is in the post this evening. Their loss, my gain as far as I'm concerned.

See you there.

Fra:D

Luke SkyToddler
8th Sep 2002, 08:55
Bah - I've been hankering to get to one of these for the last 3 years and I'm gonna miss out again cos I'm out of the country ... I can't believe all these wannabe's are so slow on the uptake! I'd pay 20 quid just for the test pilots, I can't believe you guys are having to post so many adverts to get the wannabe fraternity to sign up for this, I thought it'd be sold out in a second :eek:

Save me a seat next year anyway :(

InFinRetirement
8th Sep 2002, 09:42
Thanks scroggs, was going to stick it again but I have been otherwise engaged in merryment and mirth, not to mention booze - for the past two days. Trying desperately hard to remember where 50 years of marriage went! Two people you know were here trying hard to beat me to the title of Top Tippler, but I won - think!

buttline

Suggest you go to the PPRuNe Bash forum and look at the Christmas Bash thread. All the details you want are there. Oh! And like I said before. If anyone has been before don't worry about putting someone out - you won't!

Scroggs has succintly put the purpose of the seminars and repeated what they are for. FOR YOU! Be there, you won't regret it. Non-one ever has as far as I know.

Now! Day three, and on with the party!

Pilot Paul
9th Sep 2002, 12:20
Count me in IFR - cheque on its way today.

Cheers,

Paul

November Whiskey
9th Sep 2002, 12:57
IFR,

Cheque's in the post...I'll sort out the Bash cash in the next few days!

The rest of you.... I attended last year and suggest you get your asses over to LGW quicktime!

G-SXTY - I still haven't stopped smirking over your 'pint of wine' comment from last year!

See you there!

NW

Tonic Please
11th Sep 2002, 11:25
Put my name down IFR if you would be so kind. I am at work at the moment, and have been checking the forms. Clearly a great job if I can do that :D

You may also remember I said I had just started my new job, and get paid a week in hand, so I promise to have the money within two fridays from now. (excluding this friday).

I dont remember seeing what time we much arrive. Is there anyone we much report to?

I'd like also to add that this oppotunity is very much appreciated by me, and I am very suprised that no other wannabes are signing up. Suppose it seperates "wannabes" from "gonnabes" :rolleyes:

See you all there...and then the Bash following

Smooth skies :cool:

And please makes my "much"es "must"s :D :D :D

jasonjdr
11th Sep 2002, 13:35
Can't think why I hadn't done this sooner! :rolleyes:

Cheque in the post today.

G SXTY
12th Sep 2002, 12:31
N.W.

I really must correct that, it wasn't wine. It was brake fluid. Them's hard as nails, them Scotsmen. :p

InFinRetirement
13th Sep 2002, 09:47
25 places taken now. Another 25 to go.

Don't be shy if you have been before, just book - IFR will look after you :D

seat_of_my_pants
13th Sep 2002, 09:55
Thanks IFR - promise you'll make the bad people go away...

SOMP

AH64 APACHE
14th Sep 2002, 15:08
IFR - I am definitely in on this one - will be sending the cash via the electronic means. I assume that is okay!!!!;)
If not I can send by cheque please let me know via this or e-mail. Sorry for the hassle.

G-SXTY - do you want to do the lift thing this time round? Only this time I am definitely going to stay for the bash as well. Hopefully I will be back in time although with all the stuff happening here who knows!!!
:rolleyes: :eek:

IFR

Have e-payed today 54 sterling to the account details I had (hoping they have´nt changed since the bash last year) . Should be getting to you asap. That is for the day and the meal. Will sort out the accommodation asap.

Hope there is still place. Will look out for my name on the list when you receive it as we all know how efficient the banks can be:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

G SXTY
16th Sep 2002, 11:49
No worries mate, your space in the taxi is booked. If anyone else is coming from the Basildon / Chelmsford / Romford area & wants a lift, let me know.

TopBum
18th Sep 2002, 19:50
Count me in too (If there's still room). Cheque is in the post.

Chuffer Chadley
19th Sep 2002, 20:07
Cheque winging its way to you....

hope there's some space.

Ciao!

gdnhalley
20th Sep 2002, 19:43
IFR
Also gatbash virgin. Cheque is in the post.(honestly)

gdnhalley

InFinRetirement
21st Sep 2002, 08:06
Excellent! I await :D

JB007
21st Sep 2002, 13:35
Hello IFR,

I'll tag along if thats ok...i'll be posting the cheque later today.

I take it you'll be there, be nice to catch up?!

Cheers
Rich

InFinRetirement
21st Sep 2002, 20:44
It will be good to see you Rich. Been a long time. :cool:

APACHE No problem, I will check it out when next at the bank. Take it that you ar booked in.

Penguina
25th Sep 2002, 11:52
OK, I'm feeling very shy about admitting to being a wannabe in public, but I think you will probably be getting a check from me.

Thank you very much for this.

Penguina

AH64 APACHE
25th Sep 2002, 14:08
Cheers for that IFR - money has gone out of my bank. Is the asterisk by my name to point out I have not yet paid?
:confused:

JB007
30th Sep 2002, 09:15
Hi Don,

Getting worried....my name hasn't appeared yet on the attendance list....!!!!!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/mecry.gif

digga
30th Sep 2002, 11:51
IFR,
If there's still room I'd like to join the seminars.
Went last year and they were excellent.

Can I send my cheque off?

Cheers
Digga

InFinRetirement
30th Sep 2002, 17:04
Penguina Don't be shy, you will be made to feel most welcome. I have your chq thank you.

JB007 My most esteemed apologies. Now corrected sir!

APACHE Star removed! ;)

digga Send your cheque.

Places are filling but there is still room for another 16 - they will be taken so book yourself in now if you don't want to miss industry latest and a really one-off lecture by two great test pilots.

I've booked my place! :D

iainpoll
30th Sep 2002, 17:31
I'd like to come if there are still places available.

Cheque in post.

Iain.

G-SXTY, did you mention something about taxi space available from Chelmsford area??

The mole
30th Sep 2002, 21:46
Please count in one cynical tired long-in-the-tooth wanabee! My cheque is in the post for the seminar.

InFinRetirement
8th Oct 2002, 19:52
ianpoll There is place waiting for you, but the "cheque in the post" hasn't materialised yet!

Still 12 places left - which will go - so I would get my skates on.

:D

IFR

G SXTY
9th Oct 2002, 12:10
iainpoll, your taxi awaits - check your private messages.

Miles High
12th Oct 2002, 20:41
Better late then never... I'm in!

If anyone wants to lift share from the Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath area, let me know.

MackMeeter
14th Oct 2002, 20:16
Please add my name to the list - cheque in the post today. Cheers.

TheNavigator
15th Oct 2002, 19:47
Hi IFR,

You may add me to the list as well! I can now confirm I will be going! Couldn´t miss it!!

I am also in for the bash! Do I need to go to the other thread and reply there?

Also, could you please put down my friend cfvilela for both the seminars and the bash.

Can I send one cheque for everything?

Upon your reply the cheque will follow. Hopefull I will write the correct address this time :)

Cheers

Hope to see you all there!

TheNavigator
16th Oct 2002, 11:07
Hi IFR,

One more to go!

So, here is the final list for the seminars and bash:

TheNavigator
CFVilela
JMAndrade

I will be posting a cheque later today for £162 :eek:

Cheers

Update:

I have just posted the cheque! Hopefully you should get it tomorrow!

InFinRetirement
17th Oct 2002, 09:04
Got your cheque thanks and all three names added to the list.

Only NINE more places to go people's! :eek: Just 9. :)

chuck stock
21st Oct 2002, 12:55
Hello everyone!

First ever post from a long time viewer and wannabee.
Count me in please, I'd quite like a trip down south.

Cheque will go in the post tonight.

My thanks to Infinretirement, and the pprune team. See you there!:)

Dusty_B
22nd Oct 2002, 16:32
Suppose I'd better get some of my Fund donations back... ;)

Count me in.

Do you mind if I transfer the groats via this new fangled interweb thingy?

InFinRetirement
22nd Oct 2002, 17:26
Dusty_B

Sorry no web thingy's for transferring funds - except by sending direct to the PPRuNe Fund account. e-mail me and I will give you the details. My e-mail is on the siggy at the bottom here.

Anyway I will hold your place for five days.

chuck stock

OK, same for you.

Look forward to seeing you. :D

IFR

p.s. That makes 7 places left!

Edit: well it should have been : [email protected]

InFinRetirement
23rd Oct 2002, 17:50
ONLY FOUR places left now.

I will need email confirmation for these last 4 places with cheques following within 5 days please.

I will confirm your place one I have received the cheques.

steamchicken
26th Oct 2002, 12:43
Count me in - a czech, sorry cheque, is on its way.

InFinRetirement
26th Oct 2002, 12:53
steamchicken

I have reserved your place. But I need a cheque in 5 days please. I will get a lot more who want a place, and I will then start a wait list.

THREE places left and they will go during the next few days without a doubt.

Please e-mail - [email protected] - me rather than PM or post on here.

IFR

tom775257
27th Oct 2002, 22:31
Dear IFR,
I would very much like to attend the seminars...I have just checked my uni timetable and it fits in great. I shall e-mail you tomorrow as requested.
Cheers,
Tom Schwalbe.
:)

InFinRetirement
31st Oct 2002, 09:27
Only TWO PLACES left for the seminars.

If you want a place please e-mail as above.

IFR

Gazeem
6th Nov 2002, 18:19
IFR

have e-mailed as requested,

count me in!

PPRuNe Pop
8th Nov 2002, 17:22
I am reliably informed that there is now only ONE place left for the seminars on December 13th.

First come first served - with a cheque I understand.

Better get in there! :eek:

InFinRetirement
9th Nov 2002, 22:51
All places have now been taken. Please let me know if you would like to be placed on the wait list. DO NOT send any cheques unless I give you the OK.

Thanks for supporting this.

IFR

PPRuNe Pop
20th Nov 2002, 19:30
One person has dropped out of the seminars. If anyone would like his place please e-mail IFR right away. First one in gets the place.

InFinRetirement
3rd Dec 2002, 18:58
Another place for the seminars has become available, if you would like it please E-MAIL me right away please.

IFR

Dusty_B
11th Dec 2002, 16:16
How can I get from the airport to the hotel?

I'll be catching the airport bus from Oxford, which will drop me off at either of the terminals.

Which bus should I take to get to the hotel?

DrSyn
12th Dec 2002, 23:36
Sorry no one's replied to you Dusty - only just found it.

There is a half-hourly courtesy bus between the hotel and both terminal coach stations. Alternatively, if you can't bear to wait, Metrobus Routes 2 & 200 leave every 15 minutes and should get you there (or near) - ask the driver first!

Hope it helps.

TopBum
13th Dec 2002, 18:40
Just to say a big thank you for all those responsible for today's
GatBash Seminar. Well worth attending and the £20.

Very infomative and enlightening lectures.

Sorry I could n't stop for the final lecture.

Will definitely be attending the next GatBash Seminar.

Nice to be able to put some faces to some nicks as well.

Once again cheers.:D

Gin Slinger
14th Dec 2002, 20:01
I'd just like to say many thanks to IFR and the team for putting on such a worthwhile and enjoyable day.

I think it's great that people are prepared to put something back into the industry, without money being the motive.

Highlights included:

- Hamrah's lecture giving the 'big boss Capt' point of view, plus some interesting comments on the way the industry's going, particularly the lo-cost sector.

- Scroggs telling us about the Virgin Hostie Party Posse he's forced to endure at every night stop. It's a hard life for some.

- John Farley's anecdote about the time he decided to put the wind up a CAAFU man.

Went to the Bash afterwards. Met some interesting people, put some faces to names and got outrageously drunk. Last memory of the evening was talking to Scroggs. Was woken up at noon this morning by the hotel manager, telephoning me to hurry up and check out. Managed to sleep fully clothed, by, rather on the bed. I hope I didn't make too much of a prat of myself...

Dusty_B
16th Dec 2002, 11:35
And of course, the other highlight was watching GIN SLINGER in deteriorating conditions :D (not that I could see that much after a while anyway):(

InFinRetirement
16th Dec 2002, 13:39
Ah hostie parties! Well, life's a bitch but someone has got to take the strain! :D

Thanks for the kind words. I much appreciate them But none of it would work if you didn't support it. Have to say that the test pilots were brill. But then so were our very own tutors. Such talent! :cool:

I have said it before and I say it again. There is no finer place to seek the talent you need to get into aviation than right here on PPRuNe.

IFR

cfvilela
16th Dec 2002, 14:48
Hello all.

Just to thank all the people that was present in the Gatbash last friday.
I had a really great time talking about aviation with other "crazy" people other than myself.
The lectures were great, from people who deal with this 'aviation stuff' everyday.
Count me in for next year.

Thanks once again,
Carlos (one from the portuguese contingent)

GAF4139
16th Dec 2002, 19:17
This has been the second time that I attended the Gatbash seminars and I can highly recommend them to every wannabe. The information gained is invaluable and the chance to talk to the professionals should not be missed.

Thank you to everybody involved making these events happen and a very big thank you to IFR for organising the seminars and the Gatbash and making sure everything runs smoothly.

GAF4139

Dart20
17th Dec 2002, 08:15
Thanks for all those involved in running the Gatbash, very enjoyable and informative day. Count me in for the next one !

G SXTY
17th Dec 2002, 10:47
Not much I can say that hasn’t already been said, except to add my sincere thanks to Hamrah, Danny, Scroggs, £6, John F & Dave S – and of course IFR for putting it all together.

A thoroughly entertaining and informative day, especially the vivid description of long-haul life down route - I can’t say too much, as my missus is known to prowl these forums. ;)

I feel extremely lucky to be able to come along to these seminars and learn so much from so many senior people in the industry. It would be quite easy for younger wannabes in particular to be intimidated by the sheer wealth of experience on display – the fact that all of the above are so down to earth, friendly and encouraging is a very great credit to them all. The only minor disappointment was finding out that at least one of them drinks water instead of beer at 0400. :) :)

steamchicken
17th Dec 2002, 16:11
Even though I missed the morning - it was still excellent. Very good to hear some of the truth, and it didn't even turn out to be too depressing. Also nice to see the PPRuNers in action - disproving the principle that on the Internet, no-one knows you're a dog. And the pucker-up stories were excellent.

BTW, how does anyone who's a penniless wannabe manage to get drunk at £3.20 a pint? And I now know the correct pronunciation of "PPRuNE"!

Master Yoda
30th Dec 2002, 13:49
When is the next gatbash seminar (careers advice and all that)?
is there gonna be another?