PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink Bne 2018

Teamglobal
22nd Jun 2018, 00:24
anyone else just completed their video link .. how did you find it

cc2018
22nd Jun 2018, 06:45
anyone else just completed their video link .. how did you find it

hi, they were advertising Qantas Link in Perth at the same time. I applied 3 weeks ago and my status still says “in progress” and I haven’t received any notification of a video interview. Did it take This long for you? Or have I already been unsuccessful :(

Teamglobal
22nd Jun 2018, 10:59
I applied last Wednesday and received link for video on the Friday which I was given a week to respond. Sometimes recruitment process can be fast and other times slow

cc2018
22nd Jun 2018, 11:22
I applied last Wednesday and received link for video on the Friday which I was given a week to respond. Sometimes recruitment process can be fast and other times slow

Thank you. The job did only close about a week ago so I’ll try be patient!

Teamglobal
22nd Jun 2018, 13:38
Hang in there, my last position as cabin crew the whole process took about a year .. as they say no news is good news

cc2018
24th Jun 2018, 12:31
Hang in there, my last position as cabin crew the whole process took about a year .. as they say no news is good news

hope so! I just didn’t think the initial application would take this long. Someone who applied in Feb said it only took them 2 weeks when she applied and did the video Interview. Maybe they had more applications this time round.

Teamglobal
24th Jun 2018, 13:23
I guess so, you can never really tell what their up on in their process .. stay positive

cc2018
25th Jun 2018, 06:07
I guess so, you can never really tell what their up on in their process .. stay positive

thank you finally got the video interview today! Woohoo!

Teamglobal
25th Jun 2018, 06:35
Oh that is good news good luck

cc2018
25th Jun 2018, 09:20
Oh that is good news good luck

thanks. All done

dont know if it is just me but I found that quite hard. I tried to prepare but I thought it would be general questions about company like the who what’s and why’s.

I completely failed and I’m so angry at myself. I’ll keep positive though and see how It goes.

Teamglobal
25th Jun 2018, 11:04
I thought it was difficult too, I found t hard talking into knowhere and quite often I would see myself on the screen and it’s quite distracting, you would have too be a news reader to be perfect and that I’m not lol .. good luck to us both, will message here when I hear anymore

blance94
3rd Jul 2018, 09:08
Anyone had any updates on their application?

Teamglobal
6th Jul 2018, 01:39
I’ve heard from others who have applied that the video link has been received staggered

aviation_geeek
9th Jul 2018, 03:17
thanks. All done

dont know if it is just me but I found that quite hard. I tried to prepare but I thought it would be general questions about company like the who what’s and why’s.

I completely failed and I’m so angry at myself. I’ll keep positive though and see how It goes.

I just completed my video interview for QantasLink Brisbane 2018. CC2018 & Teamglobal, I have to agree with you that the video interview questions were quite difficult! Let's stay positive because I'm sure all of us have put in our best effort! Good luck!

Teamglobal
11th Jul 2018, 00:21
Anxious ! Any news?

blance94
11th Jul 2018, 07:12
I applied 45 days ago and haven't received the video link as of yet.......

QFRetread
13th Jul 2018, 05:37
Hi everyone,

If you have received an email regarding your application for Qantaslink Brisbane would you mind sharing it with me. I haven’t heard anything about my application and want to check on it directly.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks a lot

flyingbabe1
13th Jul 2018, 11:58
Hi
Is anyone going to the interview on Tuesday in Brisbane?

DJMC2018
14th Jul 2018, 09:49
Hi
Is anyone going to the interview on Tuesday in Brisbane?
Great news! I also received an invite for Tuesday 18th July in Brisbane.

Teamglobal
14th Jul 2018, 20:27
Me too. Look forward to seeing you there ..

EllieLemon
19th Jul 2018, 10:30
Has anyone else received the Xref email this evening?

flyingbabe1
19th Jul 2018, 12:24
I received reference link today.. good luck everyone

flyingbabe1
19th Jul 2018, 20:21
Yes I also received the Xref link
my referees have already sent references

flyingbabe1
25th Jul 2018, 10:31
Has anyone else received the Xref email this evening?
have you heard anything more since reference stage.. My references completed within 1 hour and I have heard nothing further

flyingbabe1
2nd Aug 2018, 01:50
Does anyone know the Ground school data yet? I have just finished the Asic application and getting nervous as I need to provide 5 weeks notice to my current employer.

flyingbabe1
2nd Aug 2018, 02:00
Also, Does anyone know the average overnights rostered per week? And, also is it so many days on/off
I forgot to ask those questions?

JennyS
3rd Aug 2018, 07:04
hello 👋 can anyone help me out? What comes up in the written exercise in the interview? Thanks heaps 😃

flyingbabe1
4th Aug 2018, 01:58
hello 👋 can anyone help me out? What comes up in the written exercise in the interview? Thanks heaps 😃
As in recruitment day? or Online assessment?
Recruitment day written exercise is your knowledge on Qantaslink.
Online assessment is behavioral questions.
Ie
You are a person who
1. likes to be challenged
2. likes to boast about your achievements
3. Stresses when a passengers talks rudely to you
you then rate each

hope that helps

JennyS
4th Aug 2018, 03:07
Yes it's for the the recruitment day. Thanks so much for your help.
I haven't done an airline interview in years so just wanted to check :)

Avgirl1
8th Aug 2018, 08:28
Does anyone know the Ground school data yet? I have just finished the Asic application and getting nervous as I need to provide 5 weeks notice to my current employer.

Hey! Can I ask what your status is on the ID services page? Does yours have NA next to everything on the list underneath ‘application submitted’? Getting a bit worried because mine all say NA :confused:

flyingbabe1
10th Aug 2018, 07:54
Hey! Can I ask what your status is on the ID services page? Does yours have NA next to everything on the list underneath ‘application submitted’? Getting a bit worried because mine all say NA :confused:
Yes mine is same , I just received medical assessment invite this afternoon

internationalsmile76
13th Aug 2018, 04:11
HI flyingbabe1, how long was it to hear back from them after Xref stage please? My references completed theirs last sat....im checking my emails like mad lol

flyingbabe1
13th Aug 2018, 07:20
HI flyingbabe1, how long was it to hear back from them after Xref stage please? My references completed theirs last sat....im checking my emails like mad lol
I received online assessment about 7 days after references were submitted.

flyingbabe1
13th Aug 2018, 07:21
Does anyone recall the date of ground school?

flyingbabe1
14th Aug 2018, 06:56
Just a heads up I completed my medical today.
You need to do a 3 minute step test the step Is 30cm high.
Plank , plank left side and right side
sit ups, squats , lift 20 kg above shoulder height, attempt 32kg shoulder height
heating test , eye sight test, as well breath test and urine test
I seriously feel like I did a gym session

internationalsmile76
14th Aug 2018, 07:01
That’s exactly how tigerair do their medical ! It’s like a PT session lol

Upupandaway84
14th Aug 2018, 10:50
Hello sorry I know this is BNE cabin crew but there isn’t one for MEL 😃 just wondering if anyone here applied for MEL?

xxxsamixxx18
15th Aug 2018, 09:29
Hello sorry I know this is BNE cabin crew but there isn’t one for MEL 😃 just wondering if anyone here applied for MEL?
I did :) haven’t heard anything since XRef tho how about you ?

flyingbabe1
15th Aug 2018, 10:55
mine now has green ticks beside everyone except
asic issued and hsc

flyingbabe1
15th Aug 2018, 10:56

where did you do your assessment day?
Do you remember when ground school is

flyingbabe1
15th Aug 2018, 10:58

internationalsmile76
15th Aug 2018, 12:26
me neither...waiting ever so patiently 😖

flyingbabe1
15th Aug 2018, 12:53
me neither...waiting ever so patiently 😖
email them with a cheery hi just wanting to know have I progressed past reference stage etc

Avgirl1
15th Aug 2018, 18:53
mine now has green ticks beside everyone except
asic issued and hsc

Mine is the same, just patiently waiting for the email for the medical

Upupandaway84
16th Aug 2018, 00:51
No haven’t heard a thing yet. Checking my emails like a mad woman every 2 minutes 😂

Upupandaway84
16th Aug 2018, 00:54
I just had the interview on the 08AUG have done my references and just waiting to hear what’s next 😃

Upupandaway84
16th Aug 2018, 03:51
I did mine in Melbourne on the 8AUG just waiting to hear back now as my xref is done 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Upupandaway84
17th Aug 2018, 05:50
No haven’t heard a thing yet. Checking my emails like a mad woman every 2 minutes 😂
I just got the email to do my ID checks 😃

xxsamixx18
17th Aug 2018, 09:16
I did mine in Melbourne on the 8AUG just waiting to hear back now as my xref is done 🤞🏻🤞🏻
I also attended Aug08 and waiting after Xref fingers crossed 🤞

flyingbabe1
17th Aug 2018, 11:18
yippie so happy for you x

internationalsmile76
17th Aug 2018, 12:14
me tooo!!!

internationalsmile76
17th Aug 2018, 12:15
I also attended 08 aug melbs

Upupandaway84
18th Aug 2018, 05:24
I also attended 08 aug melbs
Yay!!! So exciting. I’ve just uploaded everything today. I’ve already got an asic so hopefully it won’t take too long. I wonder when they will ask us to do the medical? I can’t wait for ground school! Hopefully we’ll all be in the same group 😃

skywalker787
18th Aug 2018, 06:10
:O Hello - I had my Qantaslink assesment day in Brisbane then Xref checks 2 days later, followed my personality tests. My ID checks have all green ticks, I completed my medical last week. I believe the ground school is held in Sydney and a mix of all bases in the same course. Good luck everyone hope we all hear soon ;)

flyingbabe1
18th Aug 2018, 10:44
Mine is the same, just patiently waiting for the email for the medical

are you Brisbane based?
Have you received your medical email yet?

Avgirl1
18th Aug 2018, 12:19
are you Brisbane based?
Have you received your medical email yet?

Yeah I applied for BNE base. I haven’t received the medical email yet, my ASIC application got the green ticks on the 15th so hopefully I’ll be contacted soon!

internationalsmile76
18th Aug 2018, 21:26
Yay!!! So exciting. I’ve just uploaded everything today. I’ve already got an asic so hopefully it won’t take too long. I wonder when they will ask us to do the medical? I can’t wait for ground school! Hopefully we’ll all be in the same group 😃

😊 I wonder if they’ll send us the psychometric test???
yes so excited about ground school. I have no aviation experience so a little nervous but super excited!!!

xxsamixx18
20th Aug 2018, 02:50
:O I got the call and email background check omg !!

flyingbabe1
20th Aug 2018, 07:13
:O Hello - I had my Qantaslink assesment day in Brisbane then Xref checks 2 days later, followed my personality tests. My ID checks have all green ticks, I completed my medical last week. I believe the ground school is held in Sydney and a mix of all bases in the same course. Good luck everyone hope we all hear soon ;)
Yes, same. I was told approx date 17/9 or 24/9

morganmadigan
20th Aug 2018, 13:53
did they give you a start date for ground school? I also attended the Melbourne assessment day on 8/8.

flyingbabe1
20th Aug 2018, 18:36

have they called you and said you have the job, but no back ground checks completed?

Upupandaway84
21st Aug 2018, 01:12
I was at the same interview as you. Have they completed your back ground checks? I’ve submitted mine but haven’t received a call yet.

flyingbabe1
21st Aug 2018, 04:34
So excited!
I just got the golden call
Now have to send RSA and first Aid certificates
Plus do my swimming test
then I will receive my formal contract
Ground school is 17/9 in Sydney

Upupandaway84
21st Aug 2018, 04:43
So excited!
Plus do my swimming test

Congratulations, that’s great news. Best of luck with your training next month.

DJMC2018
21st Aug 2018, 09:57
So excited!
Plus do my swimming test

Excellent news congrats! I am still waiting for more green ticks - the longest wait ever. I check the status so many times a day.

flyingbabe1
21st Aug 2018, 18:17
Excellent news congrats! I am still waiting for more green ticks - the longest wait ever. I check the status so many times a day.
Thank you x I would send them a email just wondering how your application is progressing?
I hope you hear something soon

flyingbabe1
22nd Aug 2018, 04:49
is anyone else up to providing water competency certificate? Do they send email with a letter to provide to the pool complex or do I just ask the pool?

Avgirl1
23rd Aug 2018, 07:53
I just completed my medical, keeping my fingers crossed now for the golden call! Good luck everyone!!

flyingbabe1
23rd Aug 2018, 11:37
I just completed my medical, keeping my fingers crossed now for the golden call! Good luck everyone!!

all clear sailing from now
Have your RSA, first aid certificates ready to send
find a local swimming centre who has a lifeguard that is able to sign off your swimming compentency
or if you have a bronze medillion

Upupandaway84
23rd Aug 2018, 23:25
is anyone else up to providing water competency certificate? Do they send email with a letter to provide to the pool complex or do I just ask the pool?
Hello, did you find out what is needed? I was waiting for someone to reply to your thread so I could find out 😃

flyingbabe1
24th Aug 2018, 03:58
Hello, did you find out what is needed? I was waiting for someone to reply to your thread so I could find out 😃
yes they send a form! I had to email them.

flyingbabe1
29th Aug 2018, 03:05
Has anyone received contract?
Apparently mine was requested last Tuesday. I need to resign

Crosscheck96
31st Aug 2018, 06:45
Hey All! I was at the Melbourne 08 Aug interview and have got all green ticks next to my security checks, has anyone heard anything about the medical?

Upupandaway84
31st Aug 2018, 09:29
Hello, your mail box is full. It only allows one email so you probably have to delete the sent item.
I‘ve done the personality test last week and on to four green ticks so just waiting around to hear what’s the next step.
Ive set up a group chat on WhatsApp with two of the other girls from our interview. If you want to join in so we can keep each other updated just mail me your number.
Best of luck with everything. Hope you hear something soon.

Crosscheck96
31st Aug 2018, 10:18
Hello, your mail box is full. It only allows one email so you probably have to delete the sent item.
I‘ve done the personality test last week and on to four green ticks so just waiting around to hear what’s the next step.
Ive set up a group chat on WhatsApp with two of the other girls from our interview. If you want to join in so we can keep each other updated just mail me your number.
Best of luck with everything. Hope you hear something soon.

hey! I’d love it if you added me! mitch.au

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Bbrrooookkee
6th Sep 2018, 02:40
Hi everyone,
I attended the Melb assessment day on 8/8. Does anyone from that day have any updates?

flyingbabe1
6th Sep 2018, 20:19
Hi is anyone else starting ground school in Sydney on 17/9.love to get to know you before we start etc

Upupandaway84
7th Sep 2018, 03:29
Hi everyone,
I attended the Melb assessment day on 8/8. Does anyone from that day have any updates?
hello 👋 I got an email yesterday to say I’m on the active hold. So just have to wait! How about you have u heard anything?

Bbrrooookkee
10th Sep 2018, 21:17
I received the same email. Fingers crossed we get the call soon 😊

Avgirl1
17th Sep 2018, 06:07
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back after their medical? I have sent an email to the talent team but haven’t received a response yet.

DJMC2018
17th Sep 2018, 08:04
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back after their medical? I have sent an email to the talent team but haven’t received a response yet.
I think no news is good news! I did my medical for BNE base in mid August, sent a follow up email last week and they replied few days later with "your application is progressing and we will keep you updated etc". I am however still waiting on one more green tick so my situation may be different.

EllieLemon
17th Sep 2018, 13:50
I think no news is good news! I did my medical for BNE base in mid August, sent a follow up email last week and they replied few days later with "your application is progressing and we will keep you updated etc". I am however still waiting on one more green tick so my situation may be different.

I'm in the same boat, but I've got all green ticks. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

DJMC2018
19th Sep 2018, 05:08
I'm in the same boat, but I've got all green ticks. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

That's great news! Yep it's just the waiting game from here on :) we will look back on this one day and laugh!
Share if you hear anything about the next ground school start date - I'll do the same.

flyingbabe1
21st Sep 2018, 02:12
I am at ground school now, next ground school is in October for Melbourne approximately mid October.
Then another ground school is confirmed for Mid January
I hope that helps

DJMC2018
21st Sep 2018, 05:43
I am at ground school now, next ground school is in October for Melbourne approximately mid October.
I hope that helps
Thanks so much! All the best with ground school and happy studying :)

Avgirl1
27th Sep 2018, 07:16
Can anyone remind me what the salary is? I’ve lost my notes from the assessment day :(
Thanks!

DJMC2018
28th Sep 2018, 05:37
Hi all, just got the golden call! :) next ground school start date is 22nd October in Sydney for BNE base. Let me know if any of you will be at the same one or send me a PM

EllieLemon
28th Sep 2018, 06:02
Hi all, just got the golden call! :) next ground school start date is 22nd October in Sydney for BNE base. Let me know if any of you will be at the same one or send me a PM

I just got the same call! BNE base as well. So excited and relieved!

Bethy787
14th Oct 2018, 21:16
Hi!! I am at the same groundschool as you next week! I am Melbourne base though 😀

internationalsmile76
15th Oct 2018, 09:42
I hope that helps

Hi
Is the mid jan ground school for Melb base? Im on active hold

DJMC2018
15th Oct 2018, 23:02
Hi!! I am at the same groundschool as you next week! I am Melbourne base though 😀

great news! See you on Monday :)

SkyFlying
12th Nov 2018, 09:48
Hey! :) Newbie here going to assessment day on the 28/11 in BNE
Was wondering if you needed First Aid Cert before going into assessment day. Understandably, it would be beneficial... But will they give me time to get it done after assessment day?

internationalsmile76
12th Nov 2018, 18:31
No you don’t need first aid for assessment day. You can do your first aid after assessment day or once your thru to reference stage. Good luck!

morganmadigan
15th Nov 2018, 00:31
Hey everyone,
I’m off to medical next week, does anyone know what physical tests are involved?
Thanks!!

internationalsmile76
1st Dec 2018, 04:50
I got the call!! Ground school Melb. Based Jan 2019

DJMC2018
3rd Dec 2018, 08:30
I got the call!! Ground school Melb. Based Jan 2019
Congrats!! Fantastic news I bet it is all such a relief now :) I finished ground school about 2 weeks ago - it's well worth the wait.

internationalsmile76
4th Dec 2018, 00:02
Congrats!! Fantastic news I bet it is all such a relief now :) I finished ground school about 2 weeks ago - it's well worth the wait.

Thankyou!:) Congratulations on finishing yr training. How did u find the training?