PDA

View Full Version : Initial EASA medical 1 thc test?

Gustaf2
20th Jun 2018, 12:43
Hello,

So i have an upcoming medical class 1. I'm just wondering if they look for THC in the urine sample? I happened to try weed for the first and last time about 2.5 weeks ago. I know it was stupid but oh well.

Thanks in advance.

Krautwald
22nd Jun 2018, 10:12
I hope they do.

Liberal drug policies come with full personal responsibilities for consequences of drug use. One of these consequences is limited career options.

Streetcar drivers do random drug tests so why shouldnt pilots (and if you ask me, MPs should, too. Basically everyone who assesses and decides on many other peoples business).

Radgirl
22nd Jun 2018, 13:05
Welcome to Pprune Gustaf2. As you can see you dont always get a sensible answer.

Drug testing is not part of an EASA medical, although I am not aware of what local variance there might be in Sweden.

Standard strength marijuana is safe. One use will have no effect and I doubt would be detectable after that length of time. After one spiff your plasma level will be below the UK and US legal limit in two hours, although there is variability between people as with alcohol, and more sophisticated tests could pick up metabolites which have a longer half life. You need not worry you will fail your medical due to this. The FAA have said that despite more and more states and countries legalising recreational use they will still consider a positive result to be a fail, but it will be interesting to see how many pilots in the US do legally take the drug long enough before flying to pass, and indeed what other countries do....

MaximumPete
23rd Jun 2018, 10:02
That's why the scrotes in the prisons go for coke etc instead. They flush out in 24 hours. Much easier to dodge random drug tests and, before you ask, I was a member of The Independent Monitoring Board at the the local prison.

421dog
24th Jun 2018, 21:33
I'ts just a matter of what your priorities are.

421dog
24th Jun 2018, 21:40
After one spiff your plasma level will be below the UK and US legal limit in two hours, although there is variability between people

I'm not really sure what the "US legal Limit" is. (Could you please expound?) Got any tips on quantitative tests (here, my tox-8 is just qualitative and I can onlyget a quant ETOH if I desire)

I'm really kind of interested, because there are stats coming out suggesting that upwards of 40% of fatality-involved car crash drivers in the US are positive for pot.

421dog
24th Jun 2018, 21:45
Oh, and it's "Spliff" not "Spiff", just for general edification...

:)