PDA

View Full Version : CAE now recruiting for cx

enoughisenough_
20th Jun 2018, 09:48
https://caeparcaviation.com/jobs/21653-cathay-pacific-airways-second-officers-wide-body-fleet/

must be getting desperate

illtellyouhowitis
20th Jun 2018, 10:22
Still racing to the bottom.........

gulliBell
20th Jun 2018, 10:27
Good grief! That's interesting, who would have thought?

Flex88
20th Jun 2018, 12:23
https://caeparcaviation.com/jobs/21653-cathay-pacific-airways-second-officers-wide-body-fleet/

must be getting desperate

Looked at the ad, seems somehow Lantau Island has magically moved to the UK.. But then CAE is a French Canadian company, likely subsidised by the Canadian government (like every other Quebec industry) so you have to lower your expectations. Way low...

#MCXGA

jetjockey696
20th Jun 2018, 16:06
Comes with a little uTube video.. just in case you need to know about second Officers in CX. LOL Wont be long CAE CX looking for First Officers..

anxiao
20th Jun 2018, 17:13
Well, when your pilot recruitment team resign because of the horse manure of instructions they get from management on a daily basis, I guess you have to outsource to a well known agency.

When I was employed by CX way back, I was asked to go to Swire London to meet a couple of directors. Now you get Parc to handle your application. Another example of how CX has become a JAFAA.

Sad

Sand Man
20th Jun 2018, 20:49
Excellent career progression prospects (everything comes to those how waits. how long is a piece of string?)
If you are successful, you would enjoy the following benefits, and many more:
- Excellent salary (that will never increase with inflation)
- Monthly allowance (to live in the standard you would be expect a professional to enjoy)
- Travel benefits (to and from Taipei)
- Insurance benefits (with doctors of our choosing)

I guess everything is relative so if you compare the above with certain other airlines it probably is correct

rhoshamboe
21st Jun 2018, 00:11
I bet the commission paid to PARC per recruit would just about cover running the entire in house recruitment department for a month...
Pay more for less That's got to be TTW!
​​

Flex88
21st Jun 2018, 03:11
I bet the commission paid to PARC per recruit would just about cover running the entire in house recruitment department for a month...
Pay more for less That's got to be TTW!
​​

Next move "Signing Bonuses" for those who have not been employed for the past 3 years, have no flight experience or interest in aviation.. CAE can go and troll the streets of SFO for applicants..

oldgrunt
21st Jun 2018, 04:44
Recruiting for Asiana Airlines as well....

A3301FD
21st Jun 2018, 08:26

Excellent salary
Monthly allowance
Travel benefits
Insurance benefits

Does not mention Housing...

Flex88
21st Jun 2018, 10:34

Excellent salary
Monthly allowance
Travel benefits
Insurance benefits
Does not mention Housing...

The Real Meaning

Excellent salary ( no COL raise ever)
Monthly allowance (at company discretion)
Travel benefits - worst in the world AND (at company discretion)
Insurance benefits (at company discretion and decreasing year on year)
Housing (most expensive housing in the world) ???????????
No mention of schooling for children ??????????

Ghost_Rider737
21st Jun 2018, 16:42
Obtained passes in all ATPL exams with a minimum of 250 flight hours.

Is this a job for a C208 Copilot ??? Or a kind of CADET program?
CX are scraping the ABSOLUTE bottom of the experience pit

Table For 1
21st Jun 2018, 17:57
If Swire are planning on quitting aviation soon to concentrate on fizzy drinks why would they care who they left flying the CX fleet.......I mean if it crashes after DP and AT have left the building it's not their fault is it?

Flex88
22nd Jun 2018, 08:08
Obtained passes in all ATPL exams with a minimum of 250 flight hours.

Is this a job for a C208 Copilot ??? Or a kind of CADET program?
CX are scraping the ABSOLUTE bottom of the experience pit

All over Asia they are placing crew members with those qualifications in every aircraft they operate. Just where do you think they are getting their crew from?
That includes CX (as SO's) however they will do nothing for 5 - 6 years then move to FO. CX sister airline has received (as many others have) MPL qualified crew and shove them directly into the RHS of an A330 or A320 and these young folks can have slightly over 100 hours TOTAL with NO solo time necessarily required.
Chew on that for a while ! This is what corporate geeks do - low cost at any cost.
These rules are from our "all inclusive everybody's the same" friends in the EU.

BTW. China, all by itself, needs 100k pilots over the next 20 years. Do you think they'll all be highly qualified experienced pro's ??

mngmt mole
22nd Jun 2018, 11:39
Flex, in the USA, they are NOT doing that. You have highlighted the big problem with working for CX: they can hire from anywhere, at whatever standard, for whatever pay. They will ALWAYS be able to undermine your pay and conditions if the management of the day is willing to scrape the barrel. That is all you need to focus on. If you don't want a career that is constantly subject to that threat, then endeavor to establish a career with a first world airline. There really is no other choice. In the meantime, enjoy the spectacle of CX losing all it's experienced and qualified crew. The day will come when CX is JAFAA (and it is almost to that point already).

Farman Biplane
22nd Jun 2018, 12:02
So this is the introduction of COS18?

jetjockey696
22nd Jun 2018, 13:09
Not only CAE is advertising for CX, now Direct Personnel Int. is after second officers too. but with a very cute second officer.
CX offering new pay scale.. better for the company in cost cutting measures. besides they only Second officer :}

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/542x573/screen_shot_7a96f2df3db00390e82edb32b3f99dd1666fa176.png

Foxdeux
22nd Jun 2018, 13:23
All over Asia they are placing crew members with those qualifications in every aircraft they operate. Just where do you think they are getting their crew from?
That includes CX (as SO's) however they will do nothing for 5 - 6 years then move to FO. CX sister airline has received (as many others have) MPL qualified crew and shove them directly into the RHS of an A330 or A320 and these young folks can have slightly over 100 hours TOTAL with NO solo time necessarily required.
Chew on that for a while ! This is what corporate geeks do - low cost at any cost.
These rules are from our "all inclusive everybody's the same" friends in the EU.

BTW. China, all by itself, needs 100k pilots over the next 20 years. Do you think they'll all be highly qualified experienced pro's ??

Correct, demand is outstripping "quality" supply, so airlines are lowering their standards. CX is not the only one guilty of this, in fact I would even say they are late to the game. Personally I don't think there's anything to worry about since airplanes practically fly themselves anyways.

raven11
22nd Jun 2018, 22:05
Airplanes that fly themselves...

Ha ha, yes, that’s what management (outside the USA) are deluding themselves with....while secretly hoping a real pilot is onboard when things go pear-shaped.

Imagine, the first time a passenger finds him/herself upside down in one of these “self flying” airplanes, it will also be the “pilot’s” first time.

rhinodriver
22nd Jun 2018, 22:45
Imagine, the first time a passenger finds him/herself upside down in one of these “self flying” airplanes, it will also be the “pilot’s” first time.

Not a problem.... just disengage, push, thrust, stabilize, roll or whatever that procedure they thought they needed to teach me is.

LongTimeInCX
22nd Jun 2018, 23:10
Rhino driver - Indeed!
I find it incredulous that a hammer approach to teaching people how to fly out of an unexpected position, that they probably wouldn't have gotten themselves into if they were initially taught well, is now being mandated.
In a previous life, it seemed I spent half the time upside down, or at max angle of attack, as the norm.
Strangely, I've found that both model A and model B both respond quite nicely to "flying the aircraft" back to our normal boring straight and level status quo. So rather than fix the problem, i.e. Teaching people how to maneuver the a/c at its limits, the bean counters have Scrooged it up, to apply a save-all band-aid fix.
Yeah I'm sure shouting out "Attitude roll pitch power " or whatever counter-intuitive bs they are currently spouting is going to save the day when El Capitano leaves spikey haired earring wearing millenials at the controls going through the itcz when one of the un-noticed red/purple cells bites young spikey in the @ss.
For the love of (insert deity here), can we not just teach these people how to actually " fly"?
FFS!

Weary traveller
22nd Jun 2018, 23:18
Personally I don't think there's anything to worry about since airplanes practically fly themselves anyways.
Yeah. Just ask the passengers of Air Asia 8501.

Avinthenews
23rd Jun 2018, 00:00
In the meantime, enjoy the spectacle of CX losing all it's experienced and qualified crew.

Unfortunately that's exactly what Swire wants, experience is expensive! They're absolute pumped when senior ranking crew leave in all ranks because they are replaced by year 1 pay scales. Another winning formula of our pay structure.

The longer you stay the worse it gets and it's designed that way.

Flex88
23rd Jun 2018, 02:15
Rhino driver - Indeed!
I find it incredulous that a hammer approach to teaching people how to fly out of an unexpected position, that they probably wouldn't have gotten themselves into if they were initially taught well, is now being mandated.
In a previous life, it seemed I spent half the time upside down, or at max angle of attack, as the norm.
Strangely, I've found that both model A and model B both respond quite nicely to "flying the aircraft" back to our normal boring straight and level status quo. So rather than fix the problem, i.e. Teaching people how to maneuver the a/c at its limits, the bean counters have Scrooged it up, to apply a save-all band-aid fix.
Yeah I'm sure shouting out "Attitude roll pitch power " or whatever counter-intuitive bs they are currently spouting is going to save the day when El Capitano leaves spikey haired earring wearing millenials at the controls going through the itcz when one of the un-noticed red/purple cells bites young spikey in the @ss.
For the love of (insert deity here), can we not just teach these people how to actually " fly"?
FFS!

Sadly, no. Cost is too much relative MASSIVE fuel hedging losses. Then, when this fuel hedging loss is mitigated, a geek and his spread sheet along with a nodding DFO and GMF will find another reason to justify the dumbing down process (company wide every dept. btw)..

Farman Biplane
23rd Jun 2018, 04:56
I am sure the unforecast, unprecedented and totally out of our control US/PRC trade war will be the headliner at the interim results announcement in early August! There will always be something to blame.....

kenfoggo
23rd Jun 2018, 08:46
Unfortunately all those nice layers of safety which used to be incorporated into the operation ( maturity, experience, talent, training and confidence) have been slowly eroded away. Now, scratch the surface of a new joiners’ competence and a shocking level of unsuitability may often be exposed.

Kitsune
23rd Jun 2018, 09:28
Strange... I well remember A Scalers saying exactly the same about the first B Scalers to arrive...:rolleyes:

Foxdeux
24th Jun 2018, 20:47
Airplanes that fly themselves...

Ha ha, yes, that’s what management (outside the USA) are deluding themselves with....while secretly hoping a real pilot is onboard when things go pear-shaped.

Button pusher with the occasional drastic need to safe lives.

Flex88
25th Jun 2018, 01:10
Unfortunately all those nice layers of safety which used to be incorporated into the operation ( maturity, experience, talent, training and confidence) have been slowly eroded away. Now, scratch the surface of a new joiners’ competence and a shocking level of unsuitability may often be exposed.

Expand your thought process in this subject to other areas which, historically, required highly experienced and "qualified" persons. DFO? Director Engineering? GM Engineering? DirectorPeople?" GMF?
Shocking unsuitability is a shockingly understated opinion..

crwkunt roll
25th Jun 2018, 01:34
Not a problem.... just disengage, push, thrust, stabilize, roll or whatever that procedure they thought they needed to teach me is.
Don't worry the 1R puts all that to bed finally........

spleener
25th Jun 2018, 09:27
Strange... I well remember A Scalers saying exactly the same about the first B Scalers to arrive...:rolleyes:
My recollection is a little different. Sure, there was bitching, but not experience levels - I flew with many in the Air Force.
Sorry if that doesn’t fit your eye rolling agenda...

raven11
25th Jun 2018, 12:37
Button pusher with the occasional drastic need to safe lives.

What does that mean Foxdeaux? Outside the USA, commercial pilot new hire experience levels have reached rock bottom? They can’t get any lower, by which I mean...they cannot get any lower given that the new hires are zero time NON-pilots. These new hires then undergo basic training and am amas 100-150 hours of very basic flying before occupying the right seat of a passenger laden commercial jet. A practice that was previously tried by US carriers before being rightly banned by the FAA.

Airlines like Qantus being the exception.

Kitsune
25th Jun 2018, 20:06
My recollection is a little different. Sure, there was bitching, but not experience levels - I flew with many in the Air Force.
Sorry if that doesn’t fit your eye rolling agenda...
Unfortunately for you, I retired with my A Scale P Fund many years ago... I have no dog in this fight. Having said that I (once again) well remember a lauded Airforce pilot smashing the aircraft into the ground so hard they came back from base training with the gear down... :rolleyes:

spleener
25th Jun 2018, 23:06
Unfortunately for you, I retired with my A Scale P Fund many years ago... I have no dog in this fight. Having said that I (once again) well remember a lauded Airforce pilot smashing the aircraft into the ground so hard they came back from base training with the gear down... :rolleyes:
Why unfortunate?
But yeah, good and not so good airforce/ civilian. I’ve no axe to grind, but I do have skin in the game.
Enjoy your retirement.