PDA

View Full Version : SONAIR / HELIMALONGO

CSIO1
19th Jun 2018, 19:40
Hello guys. Does anyone have knowledge of who flies for Chevron in Angola.Is it Sonair or Helimalongo or both? Im trying to research which is which.There are some old threads on here from 10 years ago so appreciate some up to date info specifically who carries out the maintenance on the EC225 that fly for Sonair and do they have any expat engineers workng there. An email contact for Director of maintenance would be so helpful....thks

industry insider
20th Jun 2018, 14:03
DOM was JS but not sure if he is still there.

email is [email protected] according to his business card.

CSIO1
20th Jun 2018, 14:52
Thankyou very much my friend for the reply..Do you have knowledge if they have expat engineers at Helimalongo?
Also do you know who carries out maintenance on the Sonair Ec225? Whilst working within rotary i met a few guys who used to work at Cabinda on s76 ( im not rated on these) and they said it was a good set up within the compound - what is the situation with Sonair are they located at Cabinda also? They all come under Chevron?

industry insider
21st Jun 2018, 15:17
Sonair is in Luanda. But I am not sure if they are flying anymore. Total grounded the S76 due to poor maintenance. Now that Emasa is no longer involved, things I hear are not so good. Heli Malongo is based in the Cabinda enclave.

CSIO1
21st Jun 2018, 19:22
Many thanks for the continued info..Thought Sonair had ec225 x 11 flying ?

industry insider
22nd Jun 2018, 02:10
Sorry, I am not “Inside” Africa right now.

212man
22nd Jun 2018, 17:59
Pretty sure Chevron are using boats now after their fatal accident two years ago.

Bhutan_H130
25th Jun 2018, 13:51
Sonair is in Luanda. But I am not sure if they are flying anymore. Total grounded the S76 due to poor maintenance. Now that Emasa is no longer involved, things I hear are not so good. Heli Malongo is based in the Cabinda enclave.

Very interesting.. What a change from the old days! I was there for CHC and SonAir (until the 225 accident).