View Full Version : Vale Ron Knight

flywatcher
19th Jun 2018, 05:39
Sadly Ron Knight has flown higher, far higher than any of us can now. The mighty ewloco will no longer grace us with his wit and knowledge and will be sadly missed.

Capn Bloggs
19th Jun 2018, 06:01
That's a shame. His posts were always interesting and gracious. Obviously a decent fellow in real life.

megle2
19th Jun 2018, 06:02
Always looked for his posts and enjoyed same, RIP

Desert Flower
19th Jun 2018, 10:14
Sadly Ron Knight has flown higher, far higher than any of us can now. The mighty ewloco will no longer grace us with his wit and knowledge and will be sadly missed.

Just yesterday I saw a photo of a F27 with the rego VH-EWL & I thought of him. :(

DF.

redsnail
19th Jun 2018, 10:36
I always enjoyed his posts. RIP. :(

john_tullamarine
19th Jun 2018, 12:02
Farewell to another of the good ones. Several we've lost in the past little while.

Guess we are all getting on the wrong side of tempus fugit ...

Fantome
19th Jun 2018, 12:29
Obviously a decent fellow in real life.

That he was. Many happy hours chewing the fat in his office at Jetset Travel in Devonport. A true enthusiast, with many tales of the unexpected. A few years ago I needed to go to London. Ron said he would be happy to get me a good deal to his "favorite Middle East city".

Jenna Talia
19th Jun 2018, 13:33
Ron spoke with so much pride of his days with 'Eenie Weenie' (East West) as though it was his own airline. I'm very sorry to read of his passing.:(

Propstop
19th Jun 2018, 22:34
Oh no! He was my favourite travel agent and I used his services for a few large trips recently. I also remember him from the East West days in Sydney.
I was planning to catch up with him when I go to Tassie next month.
Sincere condolences to his family RIP my friend, you will be sorely missed.

tail wheel
20th Jun 2018, 01:49
Sad news at Ron's passing. I'm sure he was relatively young?

I have also chewed the fat with Ron at his Devonport office and used Ron many times for my travel bookings. He always managed a good deal and could swing last minute itinerary changes.

One of the good guys. RIP Ron.

B772
25th Jun 2018, 13:40
Ron was born 8/02/56 and passed away 13/06/18. It appears he had been battling the big C at the time of passing. Ron worked with TN at DPO/WNY and later with EW becoming the area manager of his beloved EW. When AN acquired EW I believe Ron joined AN in Adelaide. In 1996 Ron took over the Jetset Travel Agency in DPO which he operated for approx. 18 years. In late 2013 Ron established Knight Flight Travel Managers at DPO.

RIP big fella.

Offchocks
25th Jun 2018, 22:27
I didn't know Ron Knight, but having read his posts I would have liked to have met him and have a chat over a beer!

RIP

mates rates
25th Jun 2018, 23:13
Always happy to see Ron on our EWA F27 DPO turn arounds.He always had a rumour or two and was passionate about aviation.If only we had more people like him in the airline business today.RIP big man, you made our job even more enjoyable.

over_centre
12th Jul 2018, 03:49
Does anybody know if Ron's company will continue to be operated by family, friends or another agent?