PDA

View Full Version : In response to ... 20yr fATPL.

skysoarer
25th Jul 2002, 15:23
I say good luck to him, top marks for initiative! But perhaps he should have put it in a better paper ... the Daily Mail being on par with comics (Sun, Mirror, Beano, etc) lately...

Personally I have, unless a spectacular opportunity presents itself, opted for the modular route so that I don't get screwed with any -large- debts. Therefore I am currently enrolled with Pilot Assist and now most of the way through a PPL. I wouldn't want to be in his position, financially anyway.

I'd recommend modular purely because you can work in your spare time. I am currently with Britannia Airlines as Cabin crew having just finished their training. Ok it's not the front seat but it's on an aircraft. There are many opportunities if you're prepared to take the flack for doing manual demonstrations in front of pax!

Regards;

Graeme:rolleyes:

skysoarer
25th Jul 2002, 15:59
i.e. This Boeing 757-200 has 8 emergency exits. These are clearly marked throughout the passenger cabin. Your nearest exit, which may be behind you, is being pointed out to you now by the Cabin Crew.

--pax point and laugh and you try and keep a straight face as No. 2 does a moony in the rear galley--

If oxygen is needed (and the cabin crew do need it), masks like this will automatically drop from the panel above your head.

Place the mask over your nose and mouth, put the band over your head and breathe normally.

--Yeah right... as elastic pings and tries to sever your ears--

etc etc...