PDA

View Full Version : XiamenAir

Boeing 7E7
17th Jun 2018, 15:47
I keep getting emails from Rishworth advertising their need for Pilots. I’m finally thinking that this might be of interest to me. What concerns me is WHY is Xiamen paying such a high salary when compared to other Chinese carriers. It’s approximately $100,000 more! What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Its Maui
17th Jun 2018, 17:52
There is upwards pressure on all Asian contracts and the Chinese contracts have the most cash to throw at foreign contractors. Expect to see significant percent rises this year to recruit more skippers.

The demand in Europe is pulling the contractors back from a few years abroad as they are already financially independent and just want to be back in Europe. This is the main reason DEC salaries in Europe are still relatively low. - case in point: SAIL.

italian stallion
19th Jun 2018, 18:47
I can confirm pretty much everything that Transport Jock has mentioned.
100 B737 max8's on order,
Clean modern island (second cleanest city in China they say).
Roster is 4 days on 2 days off on all contract options
Trianing, well it is what it is and you're not going to change it so just be humble, yes sir no sir and you'll make life very easy for you.

Gulpers
26th Aug 2018, 07:07
Anybody got any further first hand info for working here? How do the commuting rosters work out?

Keeping head down in training no problem, just difficult to know true culture of a company from outside.

Any info appreciated.