PDA

View Full Version : Georgian/Sky Regional

Dirty Harrold
16th Jun 2018, 13:20
Is there someone who works for any of these companies able to post some information about the schedules, work life and benefits? Are they good people to work for etc?

Do you require the type rating to start or is there any bond?

Any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Harrold

Mostly Harmless
16th Jun 2018, 23:01
It is in constant change over there... Much of that depends on how much experience you have and what roll you are looking to fill.

Working conditions and scheduling were reported as bad fairly recently.

Maintenance of equipment has been a problem in the past. Not sure if that is currently the case.

There is no flow through to Air Canada if you have any experience. They will hold on to you as long as they can. Hopefully someone with current information can offer more help.

Capt.Tiger424sqn
17th Jun 2018, 04:37
I would like to add to the above questions: advise if you need an atpl to become a Captain on B1900 at GN?

Thanks

GMC1500
19th Jun 2018, 18:10
I'm pretty sure you need an ATPL to be a FO on the 1900.

Islanderguy
19th Jun 2018, 20:25
I'm pretty sure you don't..

+TSRA
20th Jun 2018, 05:04
According to Georgians website (a rather easy find if I may add) that yes, their BE02 Captains require an ATPL.

This is above and beyond what is required in the CARs.

CAR 704.108

No person shall act as the pilot-in-command of an aircraft with passengers on board in IFR flight unless the person has acquired at least 1,200 hours of flight time as a pilot.

And no, GMC1500 - you are not required to hold an ATPL to be an FO on the BE02. You do require, however, to have your IATRA (Type Rating) or SARON & SAMRA (ATPL) exams written and passed prior to the issuance of the type rating. This might be what you are thinking about.

virga 208
25th Jun 2018, 02:39
For the first operator you just have to look at the current drivers face to read well it's better than nothing.

For the second one, if you are single it could be a good temporary choice but if you are married and starting to book off for this and that reason invoking family stuff than your days are counted.