PDA

View Full Version : FAA vs EASA Jepp Professional Logbook

skyhawkdriver
14th Jun 2018, 16:13
Hi,

What is the difference between the regular 'Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook' and the 'Jeppesen Professional European Pilot Logbook'? Is there any difference at all?
I'm converting my FAA license to the EASA license, would I have to buy a new logbook (the European Jepp logbook) to log flight hours in Europe?

Thank you.

Duchess_Driver
16th Jun 2018, 17:05
The main difference is that in all the FAA logbooks I have come across is that they don’t record T/O and LDG times, just the duration of the flight.

No great shakes.

Yoo don’t say at what stage in your career you are but remember there is a fundamental difference in recording flight time whilst training between EASA and the FAA. Under EASA, training (even if you’re rated on the aircraft) is counted as P U/T and any training time recorded as P1 under the FAA system does not count towards any PIC time required.

See Part FCL (Eu. 1178/2011) for the way flight time should be recorded according to EASA

Tinstaafl
16th Jun 2018, 20:50
It doesn't matter what logbook you use as long as you can show that you meet whichever Authority's requirements for the issue of their qualifications. In Australia I used an Oz based logbook. It was fine when I gained an FAA ATP, and I continued to use the same type when I moved to the UK and worked for a regional airline there. Now I live in the US and still used the same type.

paco
17th Jun 2018, 09:17
Certain of the columns are specified in different countries, EASA more than most

Genghis the Engineer
17th Jun 2018, 10:01
EASA also requires a signature on each page confirming that the entries are true.

In my experience, no authority really cares, so long as you are using a logbook and are reasonably thorough in recording the usual information. Pick one you like.

G