PDA

View Full Version : World Traveller Plus vs Premium Economy

Katie
25th Jul 2002, 13:00
Seperate Check in desks for Premium but none for plus.

Premium is a separate cabin too-with the curtain. What about WT Plus?

Same sort of seats, food and service.

ETOPS773
25th Jul 2002, 14:43
Premium Economy!!!!go with the airline with the cheapest price tag and nicest livery too ;)

Sharjah Night Shift
25th Jul 2002, 18:50
I have just booked London Tokyo for October Business Class with Aeroflot as it was a lot cheaper than BA or Virgin's offerings. I know it means a stop in Moscow but some of us have to pay our own fare.

The_Banking_Scot
25th Jul 2002, 19:13
Hi,

I choose Premium Economy too ( VS Sliver- not that i'm biased :)

On the 747-400's PE is on the Upper Deck - very nice and quiet whereas with BA WT+ it will usually be over the wing.

VS PE-Priority luggage tags -
BA WT+ No special luggage tags.

When flying LGW-LAS in PE I got offered access to the Clubhouse for £20-good value for money.

I doubt I would have got that with BA.

( Also have received 2 op-upgrades to Upper Class:D )

Nothing against BA -good airline but I think VS wins.

You can also get discounted PE tickets (K class VS ,T class BA) for a significant reduction on the fully flexible fare

Regards
TBS

PAXboy
25th Jul 2002, 21:39
I have not yet been in Plus but on PE for three round trips LHR ~ JNB/CPT and can reccomend it highly. I am biased as VS is my first choice for long haul.

I gather than BMI and SAS have also introduced this class of travel. It is interesting that BA only introduced it after VS did. I was surprised as having four classes to deal with probably adds to the administration, not to mention setting it up in the first place but I sit to be corrected.

In the VS offerring, PE is indeed in the upper deck on the -400 but over the wing in the 340 (if it was on the upper deck on the 340, it might be a bit windy...) However, in the 340, the front row of the PE cabin is at the leading edge and a good view is still possible. I chose this when doing the daylight CPT ~ LHR, so that I could see the Sahara again.

In PE, the food is the same as Econo but you get drinks before push back the usual orange/Champ. However, when I had to reject all the food options (due to spicy taste and pasta) they brought me the menu from Upper and I chose what I wanted and I doubt that you would get that in Y!!

When I travel to South Africa, I am paying my own way and consider it well worth the while on the near 11 hours to go PE.

Patagonia
25th Jul 2002, 23:05
Done LAX-LHR in Premium on 340 against BKK-SYD-BKK-LHR in WT+ (1st sector was in Club so no valid comparison except crew were quite surly!).

Definitely Premium - much comfier seats and better IFE as there was no reflective glare no matter what angle seat was at. Also the window seat was close enough to the sidewall to lean against it if required. In WT+ (on a 74 anyway) the gap is too big to lean over and rest against the side wall.

WT+ does have it's own separate curtained off cabin but at 2-4-2 on the main deck still just looks like charter to me!!

So much so that upcoming UVF hols in Oct (yeah, might be windy!) are Premium O/B and Upper I/B. Just a shame there's no bar or FBT on the route.