PDA

View Full Version : How often must "I Agree" ?

mikehallam
13th Jun 2018, 09:10
This week, and every time I have a look at Pprune it's greyed out and for the umpteenth time I have to click quickly & "agree" if I'm to read the page or abandon the attempt.
Looking further at the set of conditions that apply it's obviously intended to defeat any normal user from trying to opt out, bypass, or simply have Pprune's site remember one's already agreed today/this week etc ?

If Pprune's operators persist in being obtuse over resolving this matter their forum will fade even more in favour of the equally interesting and accessible Flyer version.

mike hallam (England)

Pilot DAR
13th Jun 2018, 12:02
Noted Mike. I know there have been software changes. I'll assure that the proper people are aware of your observation, thanks for your patience and comment.

chevvron
13th Jun 2018, 14:35
I've not encontered Mike's problem but I do find recently that some forums take a long time to load apparently as they're connecting with some of the advertising material; yes I realise that's what pays for pprune but it's annoying and doesn't happen to all forums, but it also means I can't even scroll up or down while it's loading.

MrAverage
13th Jun 2018, 14:56
Like Mike, I get that problem every time on the Club's PC, but never at home.

And I guess I'd probably like Mike if I met him, even at home..................

IBobi
13th Jun 2018, 21:02
This week, and every time I have a look at Pprune it's greyed out and for the umpteenth time I have to click quickly & "agree" if I'm to read the page or abandon the attempt.
Looking further at the set of conditions that apply it's obviously intended to defeat any normal user from trying to opt out, bypass, or simply have Pprune's site remember one's already agreed today/this week etc ?

If Pprune's operators persist in being obtuse over resolving this matter their forum will fade even more in favour of the equally interesting and accessible Flyer version.

mike hallam (England)
Your browser must store and accept cookies, or you'll keep getting the "accept" screen.

mikehallam
13th Jun 2018, 22:25
Thanks 'Admin',
I just looked in and the offending question has been removed, thanks.
Yes accepting cooies is now prominent & more or less compulsory on many sites, e.g. news, that I visit.

mike hallam