PDA

View Full Version : CAE Technical Interview Questions

Luke_T
12th Jun 2018, 19:03
Hello everyone,

I have an interview in a few weeks time at CAE Oxford for the Volotea training scheme, I'm just practising some questions before the big day and I'm just curious about the Technical aspect questions of the interview. I had an Interview with easyJet and I wasn't asked any questions regarding the Technical aspects of a how an aircraft flies. Yet on the information I've been sent this time around it mentions that I should know this. I haven't flown an aircraft since I was a child and I'm just not sure what depth of knowledge is required to answer these questions. Obviously, I know the basics, but I'm far from an aeronautical engineer. I'm just not quite sure what level of competency in this field is expected.

Any advice on this would be great, thank you in advance.

Luke

am111
13th Jun 2018, 13:02
Hi Luke,

Its been a couple of years since I had my interview with Oxford and I went for a white-tail place so things may be different. That said, as this is an interview for an ab-initio course they aren't expecting you to have in depth technical knowledge at this stage. They are more interested in determining your motivation and interest in aviation. If I remember correctly they asked me how a wing creates lift or a very basic principles of flight question along those lines, possibly the four forces acting on an aircraft. They also asked me what is meant by a glass cockpit and what is meant by fly by wire aircraft. It might be worth learning a little bit about Volotea's fleet just in case. Again, nothing too in-depth, just enough to show you're motivated enough to do some research.

Luke_T
16th Jun 2018, 14:49
Thanks am111 for your advice, I'll take it on board. Just out of curiosity did you pass your interview when you went for your White tail assessment?

am111
16th Jun 2018, 19:52
No worries Luke. I did and have just graduated from there in March.