PDA

View Full Version : BA Final Board How Long To Find Out???!!!

jimbojumbo
28th Jul 2001, 15:51
Can anyone tell me how long you should have to wait to know about your final board with BA.

And can you tell me if it is via phone or letter.

Can't stand this not knowing-would rather get it over with one way or another!!!!

Cheers Chaps & Chapesses

jj :rolleyes:

Hob78
28th Jul 2001, 17:23
It could be the next day, or it could be a month later. I got rejected by letter after three weeks, while someone else on my final board got a call at the same time saying he had gone to the review board.

Basically, it will probably be a call for good news, a letter for bad news, but the time to hear seems to vary enormously.
Give them a call to find out how your application is progressing.

Pontius
28th Jul 2001, 23:18
'They' endeavour to let you know within 10 working days. Hope you haven't been left waiting longer, but there are a LOT of people going through at the moment, especially DEPs.

Did the HR person not tell you this at the end of the Group Ex?

Chin, chin,

Pontius :eek:

rmidgley
29th Jul 2001, 19:21
Hi there, know just how you feel. Went to final board a week and a half ago and after being assured by the panel that we would know within 10 days, I am still waiting.

Tres annoying as they must know how much everyone wants to get through and its very cruel keeping people hanging on. Personally I'd like to get on with my life and not check the post and answering machine every day in anticipation. After all, I am fairly sure that they must know who's in and out about an hour after we leave the Rivers.

Does anyone know why they are so inconsistent?

Anyway, enough of that. I wouldnt worry too much about whether it's by post or phone as I heard lots of different tales about the 1st round about people who received bad news by post and good news over the phone. When I got a letter I was therefore a tad worried but it was in fact good news!

The last thing I will say that might help is that the lady at my FB said if you don't hear anything after 2 weeks then give them a call!

Hope the news is good when it finally arrives!

Flame :rolleyes:

whats_it_doing_now?
30th Jul 2001, 03:24
I was on my final board in may (i think) and found out i'd got in by letter mid june. Think it varies

sloany
30th Jul 2001, 15:34
Guys,
Good luck to you all with the FB news.
Quick question, I have one coming up soon and just need some advise...what sort of questions are the essays based on, are they the same for all FB rounds?

Any prep advise? I have all the BA info and am doing some extra flying, is there anything else I need to do?? (Apart from huge bribes and taking Rod Eddington out for lunch
:D )

Thanks
Sloany

rmidgley
30th Jul 2001, 16:52
Hi there, check out the archives for info as most of that is pretty up to date.

The essay questions seem to be a variation on a theme, regardless of which FB you attend. All seem to want you to talk about how you as a pilot would improve cost efficiency/customer relations/safety etc. We had to imagine we were writing an article for 'High life' magazine about the above. Not too tricky if you memorise a few facts and prepare a few ideas you want to suggest before you go in. You have an hour to write.

The interview is fairly straight forward. All very pleasantly conducted but still a thorough grilling which you can't do that much to prepare for. From what we could work out, the format is pretty much the same regardless of who you see. The pilot starts asking questions first. A few on BA and why them in particular and why you in particular. Most of the questions expand on your application form, or rather certain bits of it. Learn it well as in my interview they focussed virtually all the questions on two answers I had given and came at them from every angle. The HR questions were a lot deeper, asking about how you take criticsm with egs, when you were at your most flexible, best/worst time of your life etc. Things that you really can't predict. By talking to the others at my Fb, it seems they all ask the same questions but word them slightly differently. But generally there aren't any you can't answer, it's just whether you give the answers they want to hear. It lasts between 1 hour and 1.5 hours but it really does fly when you are in there. Try and talk as naturally as you can and don't lie as you will only end up tying yourself in knots. They know exactly when you are expanding on the truth so just try and answer their questions as best as you can keeping as close as poss to the truth.

The only thing that was different from what was expected was the group exercise. We were each given a card with 4 or 5 separate lines of information and a box of things in front of us, plus a map. The task was to plan a route out of the desert by using the info we were all given, and then choose 10 out of about 25 items from the box which we would take with us. There is bound to be some disagreement what items you choose but don't worry about it too much as although you do have to sum up what you did at the end they are not really that interested in what you chose. Most important to remember is to make sure you contribute some but don't take over the group, use everyone's names and talk loud enough so that the panel can hear, but try and forget they are there. Get a timekeeper to announce time every 5 mins and make sure you don't spend too long on the items and not enough on the route or vice versa. The group ex. is in the afternoon so make sure you become quite friendly with the rest of your group throughout the day as it makes the whole thing work easier.

That's about it really. Don't believe them when they tell you you'll hear within 7-10 days. I am still waiting and from what I can gather I am not the only one. I think a more reasonable estimate is about 3 weeks.

Good luck!!

Flying Dr
30th Jul 2001, 18:41
This isnt going to help an awful lot!

I was told at my final board that it they aim to let you know in 7-10 days. It may take up to a fornight if the have to have your file reviewed by the head of recruitment.

however i was told by telephone two days later id been successful, others on the same course as me were told the next day and others up to a fortnight later!

it all depends and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for you to read anything into the outcome if you havent heard after a fortnight or so.

Thats my tuppence worth!

sloany
1st Aug 2001, 15:54
Many thanks Flaming Flyer and good luck with the outcome. I have the FB next thurs and already have butterflies thinking about it.
I will do a search as you suggested but the information you given is great. ;) we will see what happens....

Thanks again
Sloany

Congrats Flying Dr, it must feel good!

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: sloany ]