PDA

View Full Version : Dave 'Gripper' Evans

charliegolf
11th Jun 2018, 08:13
Sad to report that Dave Evans, ex Puma and Wessex crewman and instructor, died yesterday at his home. RIP Dave.

heights good
12th Jun 2018, 05:23
RIP Dave. Great instructor and old school Warrant Officer, he will be sadly missed.

Q-SKI
12th Jun 2018, 07:04
Such sad news, absolutely one of the best. Heartfelt thoughts for the family. Gripper you will be missed.

teeteringhead
12th Jun 2018, 10:09
Many fine memories of Dave in Shropshire and Norn Iron.

RIP mate......

TUPE
12th Jun 2018, 19:21
Dave was my first crewman instructor. He did what he could with this Pig’s Ear. RIP Mate.

pusight
15th Jun 2018, 08:36
RIP Dave. Absolutely top bloke, tragic loss, thoughts with his family.

Axel-Flo
19th Jun 2018, 06:02
Could someone post any details of funeral arrangements and if it will be open for any to attend. Hopefully not heading away again soon and would like to be there. Also if it’s No 1s etc please advise. Many thanks RBRRB

charliegolf
19th Jun 2018, 10:07
From FB

"FUNERAL OF MR DAVE EVANS

The funeral of Mr Dave Evans (Ex MAcr) who was based at RAF Benson as part of the Puma Force and more recently at RAF Shawbury as part of CFS (H) and 60 Sqn, will take place on Friday 29th Jun at 13:15(L) at Shrewsbury Crematorium. This will be followed by a celebration of his life which will be held in the WOs and Sgt’s Mess (WOSM) RAF Shawbury commencing at 14:30 (L)

The family have requested the following:

· Dress for both the crematorium and the WOSM is: Jacket and tie (preferably no black). Current serving members of HM Forces are requested not to wear uniform.

· Family flowers only. If you wish to make a donation then the family would wish to nominate Cancer Research UK or Lingen Davies Cancer Fund at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

If you require access to RAF Shawbury then please, prior to the day, contact Mr Chris Parker on email: [email protected] in order to arrange passes to ease entry to the Station on arrival."

The family would like to have a rough idea of how many will attend so if possible could you let Chris Parker or me know via e-mail - mine is [email protected].

CG