PDA

View Full Version : SEP and MEP renewal & Class I meds.

Dude~
25th Jul 2002, 09:57
Two quick questions:
If you fly 10 sectors and a dual flight in your twin to keep your twin rating valid, does this cover you for SEP or do you need to fly 12 hours in a spam can too? I think they may be entirely separate as they have different validity periods. Just not quite sure!
Also, am I right in thinking the CLass I medical is valid for 12 months but then continues on for a further 48months if you are under 40 as a Class III? Is this tosh?!

Ta

FormationFlyer
25th Jul 2002, 11:01
Hi,

Under JAR you can no longer cross-credit MEP & SEP time....sorry! You need to revalidate both individually.

As for the medical - yep right once again - it does revert to class 2 - I have previsously spoken to my AME and to the CAA PLD and both have confirmed this.

Hope this helps.

distaff_beancounter
25th Jul 2002, 11:37
FormationFlyer The only bit of cross-crediting that I was aware of, is that the annual MEP proficiency test, counts as the one hour with an instructor, for the SEP renewal. Is this correct?

Another_CFI
25th Jul 2002, 13:21
Distaff,

You are absolutely correct.

foghorn
25th Jul 2002, 13:33
This is 'revalidation by skills test' and you'd be amazed how many schools don't know (or don't tell you) about this and try to get you to do an hour with their instructor for SEP sign-off.

Initial IR or IR Renewal also counts for this.