PDA

View Full Version : QBL 2018.

betty swallox
10th Jun 2018, 19:10
https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/queens-birthday-honours-list-2018/

alfred_the_great
11th Jun 2018, 11:26
Says a lot of the users of this forum that 14 hours after the creation of this thread, no-one has congratulated the recipients of a state honour, but are more than willing to bitch about F-35 or some European Army.

glad rag
11th Jun 2018, 12:30
Says a lot of the users of this forum that 14 hours after the creation of this thread, no-one has congratulated the recipients of a state honour, but are more than willing to bitch about F-35 or some European Army.

Royal Air Force Lossiemouth Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Outreach Leadership Team

You wonder why?

Anyway, well done to the OR's!

NutLoose
11th Jun 2018, 14:10

Fair enough, congratulations.........

However a commendation isn't worth the paper or vellum it is written on in the real world and most of the other trinkets are handed out for simply doing ones job to senior officers, they are paid a good renumeration for attaining that rank, why in this day and age we still need to give them a gold star to stick on their chests like a good McDonalds employee is beyond me, the odd MBE's are probably well deserved however, though the MSM's appears to be allocated one per station, or am I missing something.

Prepared for the incoming..... rolled up commendations at dawn..

gijoe
11th Jun 2018, 17:08
The system is bust. Getting a O/MBE for doing one’s job, for which one is paid, is ridiculous.

My favourite - MBE for being Visits Officer at the ARRC before it move to Glos.

betty swallox
12th Jun 2018, 15:13
Alfred. I agree!! My thoughts exactly!